[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do most of the restaurants on Kitchen Nightmares fail anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Why do most of the restaurants on Kitchen Nightmares fail anyway? What's the point of having this asshole show up and curse you out if you're going to shut down anyway?
>>
>>82758584
There is only so much he can do
>>
File: 1491771258807.jpg (91KB, 947x873px) Image search: [Google]
1491771258807.jpg
91KB, 947x873px
They fail because the people running them are simply not cut out to be shouldering such a heavy responsibility. No conception of budgeting, cleanliness, appearance, palate, etc.

He shows em' how to improve, the successful places simply do that, the unsuccessful cant compute it, say 'durr' and revert back for the next couple months til they close.

You can take a deer to water but cant make it drink, yada yada yada.
>>
File: 1494397494076.png (239KB, 543x525px) Image search: [Google]
1494397494076.png
239KB, 543x525px
>>82758584
What's you're favorite episode? I watched the one with the bakery, that was fucking amazing. Any similar ones?
>>
>95/100 restaurants fail in the first 6 months

the moar you know
>>
>>82758584
I've seen other anons discuss this in previous KN threads and I remember them saying that somewhere around 90%of restaurants end up failing anyway and only 60% of Gordon's restaurants fail. I haven't verified this myself but it wouldn't surprise me, you see a lot of restaurants end up ignoring Ramsey's advice as soon as he leaves anyway. Most of the people on the show just weren't meant to run restaurants
>>
Because they're run by literal retards. That guy with the mix it up pizzeria in the first season would've been institutionalized if he didn't have any enablers, assuming it wasn't staged.

Also, UK Version> US Version
>>
>>82758584
>Mr. Ramsay our restaurant is failing please tell us what we need to do different
>Okay these are some things you need to do different
>We've run this restaurant for 15 years how DARE you

Gee I wonder
>>
>>82758736
Amy is bae
>>
>>82758584
Shit location. Worst one was when it failed so quickly afterwards, they had to include a message saying it failed. While that's more ethical, it doesn't matter much when they fail if they're going to fail so soon, and it's a bit demoralizing when you've learned that literally nothing was really achieved that was set out, except to make cheap entertainment. This was also the first episode.
Hopefully, the restaurants can be sold for more with redesign than without.
>>
Even a restaurant established by complete veteran pros with good backing and top-tier everything can go under in a couple of weeks. It's one of the most volatile and unpredicteable businesses out there.
>>
File: Kitchen Nightmares Chiarellas.jpg (74KB, 640x465px) Image search: [Google]
Kitchen Nightmares Chiarellas.jpg
74KB, 640x465px
>>82758869
>Shit location.

Not the case for my local restaurant, Chiarella's which closed months after it was featured on the show. The location is the hottest culinary block in the city with about a dozen serious restaurants within a 5 min walk, including two places from a recent winner of Top Chef.

They, like a lot of these owners, fail to change with the times, and serve what was considered good, acceptable food 30-40 years ago (which chain/mall restaurants took over anyway), instead of what's interesting now.
>>
File: thousand yard stare.jpg (63KB, 1169x653px) Image search: [Google]
thousand yard stare.jpg
63KB, 1169x653px
>>82758736

>Any similar ones?

Sebastian's is the only one that comes close in my opinion. Unless it's 100% staged and the guy is an actor, he needs to be on fucking Clozapine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d_56X8VPY4
>>
>>82759010
So, why doesn't Gordon just given them better food? Is that simply beyond his power?
>>
>>82759039
Oh God, that looks fucking great. Thanks a bunch, I'll be watching that later. Lemme see if I can find it with better quality.
>>
>new kitchen
>new menu
>sudden bust of popularity

It's really the best you can give a failing restaurant.
>>
biggest issue i have with this is when they show the guests complaining about and sending food back before gordon arrives and then the owners say their food is 10/10

like they dont see that shit coming back all the time? really makes you think those people are paid to go in there and shit on the food for some edits

fake and at least semi-partially gay
>>
>>82759165
>fake and at least semi-partially gay
I think it's a lot of editing fuckery. Stuff happening at very different times getting cut together.
>>
>>82759093
Well, he did. Like he does for a lot of places, he pared down their giant multipaged menu of a hundred dishes, most of which frozen, into a simple, single sheet of only a few options.

After he left I think they didnt stick to it and reintroduced their drab megaplex menu. The owner you see pictured was a big baby too, crying for most of his screentime.
>>
>>82758736
Burger kitchen
>>
>>82759165
My friend got to go to the first dinner service, in which they serve their usual way w/ their usual menu with Gordon watching. His sister sent her pasta back because it was so oily, on camera, of which they hide dozens all around. Anyway, I was surprised to learn that even though like you said, a ton of people send their food back- they're all expected to pay full price. Maybe it's me, but for some reason i expected Fox foots the bill in some way, as it slams these places, sets up this shit show, and then leaves people with gross food. So they ordered a lot of food, most of which they sent back, and had to pay the entire hefty bill.
>>
>>82759338
so do they like sign up first and sign waivers to appear or is that something they do after? how does that work
>>
If you watch the latest season, it's not even about the restaurant anymore. Gordon used to put some thought into the new menu, tailor it to the style of the restaurant, and maybe show the chef how to make a few dishes.

Now, it's drama for 30 minutes, with a climax where it's not clear if they can continue. Then overnight, they redecorate the place (often shabbily), and Gordon presents a table with all the dishes on the new menu, and it's always the same "simple, fresh, rustic, yah" menu, no matter what type of restaurant it is.
>>
>>82759165
Cognitive dissonance, blame shifting, and excuses.

>the customer doesn't know good food
>its supposed to be that way
>in other restaurants you'd be paying a lot more
>thats how everyone does it
>other customers don't complain
>>
>>82760655
Agreed.
He should just start selling franchise licenses.
>>
>>82759039
this guy always makes me laugh, you want to franchise and distribute pizza's to stores? He's insane
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.