[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched if for the first time. I loved it. Why didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 39WJ2YoLoWyDHxpTIwWT7AOKtZT.jpg (51KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
39WJ2YoLoWyDHxpTIwWT7AOKtZT.jpg
51KB, 500x750px
Just watched if for the first time.

I loved it. Why didn't /tv/?
>>
>>82751765
Joss Whedon
>>
It's a borrowed normie opinion from the 90's, because it was actually, really different. It's a cool movie with its own feel and aesthetic.
>>
>>82751798

This was Joss Whedon's best work right here. Get the fuck out.
>>
its the most comfy alien movie to date.
>>
>>82752032
I see you are a redditor.
>>
>>82751765
it's a bit trashy but in a good way, certainly better than alien 3

I love this scene when ripley and the android chick slowly walk towards the window to see the sunny sky and this music sets in
could only find this potato quality though

https://youtu.be/qQCJlZZdPnk
>>
>>82751798
Former Marvelcuck now turned DC director?
>>
Joss is a third-generation writer from a family of professional writers and he's quite good at structure and also writing. You may disagree with him politically but no one can deny that he's a great writer.
>>
>>82751765
Because its not Alien. I love this movie. Winnona did a surprisingly good job and the scene with Ripley torching her aborted selves was amazing. The final boss scene is ridiculous but awesome how he gets sucked out of the hole into space.
>>
>>82751765

Alien 1, 2, 3 have a realistic/naturalistic approach, while Alien Resurrection is cartoony.

People Alien 1, 2, 3 are normal humans, incapable to do super human stuff. Alien resurrection haves a nigger capable of shoot in any angle and hit on anything. Super-human clones.

In Alien 1, 2, 3 xenos are still show very quickly, covered in dark or smoke. In Alien Resurrection the xenos are shown at full light in long scenes.

The queen is baddass in Aliens. The queen is shit in Alien Resurrection

Is a funny movie, but is shit compared to the original trilogy.
>>
File: IMG_0118.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0118.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
Winona really was quite fuckable in that flick
>>
>>82753193
alien 3 has
- fucked up pacing and pretty boring at times
- horrible effects
- most interesting side character dies way too early

and personally I don't like how they overly shove religious themes in your face
>>
>>82751765
compared to aliens covenant this movie is a fucking 9/10 kino

and the alien-human baby was actually interesting and creepy, not the thinly veiled, creatively bankrupt xenomorph recolour that was the neomorph

>guys we need a new creature
>oooooh I know, invert its colour and have it exit out the back instead of the chest
>wowwwww dude you are so smart
>>
>>82753393
>alien 3 was

Whatever, but still follow the tone and logic of Alien and Aliens

Alien 3 still feels like an "alien" movie and not like a cartoony auto-parody.
>>
>>82753773
the problem of alien 4 is its premise, when you can only make another alien movie with sigourney weaver by having to clone her and you just have to roll with it and make the best of it
personally I don't that's a flaw, because otherwise it'd would have been pretty boring to repeat the same story again

I'm not saying you have to like the cartoony style, but you could see it as just another approach to it
>>
File: AR.jpg (164KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
AR.jpg
164KB, 1920x1088px
You are a beautiful, beautiful butterfly!
>>
>>82755283

Brad Douriff is just the greatest.
>>
File: -1.jpg (95KB, 600x260px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
95KB, 600x260px
>>82753211
Severely
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.