[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

with so many shitty movies coming out, why don't movie theaters,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

with so many shitty movies coming out, why don't movie theaters, at least in the summer, play classic blockbusters in a double feature format?

like in the morning when they normally open at 1 PM, they could play some old school greatest hits, so the younger generation could get the chance to see Jurassic Park, or Jaws, or Scorsese or Coppola back catalog, 70's new cinema, weird 70's and 80's kid movies, to give them the love for film, and pad their bottom lines.

it honestly wouldn't cost them that much, or be any more work since its all digital now, and the studios would be happy to make some small amount of revenue on stuff that is just collecting dust in the vaults?

there was a place by me, when I was growing up that did this, until the old man and his wife died, and his faggot kids tore the old place that looked like a 1940's high school auditorium down to build a Texas Roadhouse, and a lawn ceramics stand.
>>
>>82736595
It's a good idea OP, if I had to guess I'd say cinemas don't do it because they probably wouldn't make back the money that they would spend on getting the rights.
>>
Because you can easily watch those movies for free online
>>
>>82736595
Depends where you live I guess because my city does this.

Why did they take away drive-ins?
>>
>>82737668
you can, and butt naked while jacking off and eating spaghetti, but is it the same experience seeing something like The Godfather or Jurassic Park, or Raiders on the big screen with a bigass theater surround sound?

sometimes its the setting that makes the movie. T2 in the theater is much more intense.
>>
The theater where I live is starting to do special features of classics from the 80s and 90s every week. Breakfast Club is the next one.

I like this.
>>
My theater does, but only really popular films of the 70s/80s.

I wish my drive-in would play old movies.
>>
One local theater does that. Great but... what the hell, they don't have surround sound?
>>
>>82737735
>Why did they take away drive-ins?

Once you realize who this "they" is that everyone refers to... maybe it will all become clear to you.
>>
If you live in any large-ish city or in an area close, there's usually a ton of movie theaters that play old movies.
>>
But who would go watch Jurassic World if Jurassic park was just in the theaters?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.