[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything else like this? Been watching Villenueve's work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: prisoners_ver9_xlg.jpg (358KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
prisoners_ver9_xlg.jpg
358KB, 1060x1500px
Anything else like this? Been watching Villenueve's work (Arrival, Sicario, Enemy, and this.) and thus far I've liked every one of those films. Looking to branch out.
>>
>>82704181
>Been watching Villenueve's work
you only watched the bad ones so far. report back after you've seen polytechnique and incendies.
>>
>>82704210
>pretending the early work is better just because less people have seen it
Maelstrom and Polytechnique aren't bad, but it's apparent that it's the director just starting out.
I would put Incendies in the same category as the films in the OP's post, just a bit lacking cinematography wise.
>>
>>82704181
Memories of Murder
The Treatment
Zodiac
The Chaser
Mystic River
>>
>>82704210
Maybe, not overly fond of having to read movies.
>>
>>82704397
>read movies
holy fuck

Most people don't even actively "read" the subtitles word by word, you see the sentences as a whole with just a glance.
And that's not some crazy advanced task to do, kids who can read process them like that too.
You're either dyslexic or a literal brainlet if you're not able to process two lines of text in a few frames time.

You're missing out on a whole universe of kinos if you don't watch anything foreign, I asure you you will get used to the subtitles in 2 films tops.
>>
>>82704603
You're projecting, because I never said I couldn't do it, just that i didn't want to.
>>
Zodiac
>>
>>82704397
do you dislike having to move your lard ass to the toilet to take a shit and do you dislike having to wipe your fat lard ass also?
>>
>>82704181
>Anything else like this?
Like this how? Movies with hostages? Plot-wise? Thrillers? Mysteries?

You're being a retard. Be more specific.
>>
>>82704322
villeneuve's english language films all feel compromised, with the possible exception of enemy. I only expect this to get worse as his budgets get bigger and bigger. he's a sellout, unfortunately.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.