[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I really liked it. What did you think? Genuinely scary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: getout.jpg (292KB, 650x980px) Image search: [Google]
getout.jpg
292KB, 650x980px
Well, I really liked it.
What did you think?
Genuinely scary and cast did great job.
Plot twist was predictable though.
>>
File: 1384595496299.gif (109KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1384595496299.gif
109KB, 200x200px
>>
>>82701067
What? People didnt like it?
>>
Up
>>
>>82701058
reddit
>>
Best movie of 2017 so far.
>>
File: get-out.jpg (24KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
get-out.jpg
24KB, 600x300px
How did Chris pick the cotton and stick in his ears when he was latched to the chair?
>>
>>82701122
most of /tv/ liked it but act angrily about it
>>
>>82701058
i was disappointed. boring.
but some good scenes and solid perfomances.
>>
>>82701583
must have used some black magic cotton picking technique
>>
the trailer seemed to imply it was all just hypnosis but then they try and go for a cheap plot twist stealing the idea from "skeleton key" in the process.
it was allright all in all.
>>
>>82701583
It isnt that hard, try it yourself
>>
>>82701583
He was able to bend his head down to rip at his bindings with his teeth, so his hands aiming up and jamming cotton into his turned head isn't a stretch by any means.
>>
>>82701058
Is it "out" yet though?
>>
>>82701583

They show that he could bend down, all he had to do was bend his head towards his hands to put it in
>>
>>82701583
they specifically showed him trying to gnaw through the straps to establish that he can get his head down to where his hands are.

the silly part is that he removes the cotton when he knows the mother can paralyze him with a simple sound
>>
>>82701739
i watched a 1080p bluray rip yesterday if that's what you're asking
>>
>>82701739

Yep
>>
I would "get in" in the gf
if you know what I mean
>>
File: 1487491607921.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487491607921.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>82701733
>>82701827
>>82701828
Oh yeah, I must have forgotten
>>
>>82701873

She was super hot in this movie, especially when she's wearing her hunting outfit at the end.
>>
>>82701897

All good, pretty easy mistake to make senpai, a lot of people have.
>>
Anyone find the idea of older relatives living inside the bodies of niggers really scary?
>>
>>82701122
you're fucking terrible at this. lucky for you most the people who post here are retards.
>>
>>82701058
It wasn't bad but likely won't be remembered long. I've said most of this here before, but: I'd say it shows Peele is a pretty competent director, though his writing was pretty weak and clunky. For one, anyone who has seen it knows that the racebaiting didn't need to be a part of the story, the "evil whites" were after the "young black's" vitality more than anything. Everyone in the community just believes that black people are guaranteed genetically faster, stronger, and even "cooler" than whites. A bit of unneeded KANGZposting if you ask me.

The tense scenes were done poorly, especially the ending, as Chris gets stabbed in his hand and shows almost no reaction to it. He looks annoyed rather than pained or enraged. Then when the brother is choking him out he gives a "This shit again?" face, again rather than any fear. Kaluuya is a pretty good actor, so I have to imagine this was no accident. Not very tense when your lead character becomes a killing machine just because they felt like it. The only tense moment was when the "police" car showed up and he's choking a white woman and there's a gun nearby. I said out loud "He's gonna get Trayvon'd" and this was the only time where race plays an important role in the tension. But it lasts less than ten seconds as it's his friend and not the cops. Then the T.S.A. joke at the end? What was that? Do black people love T.S.A. or something?

I also don't get why the family and friends were so obviously evil from the get-go with Chris. The Obama line, multiple people wanting to touch him like he's an artifact. He's just black. AND they'd done this procedure multiple times before (shown in the closet pics), why are they being so obvious with their dark intent? Just for funsies?

I think it was a very average movie, but for a directorial debut it showed promise. We already know Peele has more movies planned, I just hope he doesn't make heavy-handed racial politics close to the plot of those, too.
>>
>>82701924
no. you're actually the first person on planet earth to be spooked by the concept of body snatching.
>>
File: getouthandshake.gif (1014KB, 540x222px) Image search: [Google]
getouthandshake.gif
1014KB, 540x222px
Out of all the splerging I had seen from /tv/, I thought it was gonna be a "dear white people" kind of deal.

It wasn't.

I had plenty of laughs. But the movie was definitely struggling of either being a comedy or a serious horror movie.

Gif related, best part of the movie.
>>
Never going to watch it. Pls summarise plot and spoiler in less than 3 sentences.
>>
>>82702057
White people are sometimes awkwardly nice to upper class black people. This is racism, and it's horrible.
>>
>>82702142
Thanks, but what was the twist?
>>
>>82702166
White people want to be superior basketball Americans so badly they invented a way to invade their bodies.
>>
>>82702057
a black man is visiting his white girlfriend's parents in their remote country house. turns out he is actually being kidnapped by a conspiracy that transplants the brains of old rich white people into the bodies of young healthy blacks. he kills them and escapes.
>>
>>82702057
Blackmin goes with his GF to her parents town where everyone act weird towards him but his GF never notices. He meets fellow blacks but they are also acting strange plot twist is they're actually aliens studying human life and assessing certain people (the main character) to see if they're worthy of bringing back to the alien home planet. The girlfriend is in on the whole thing.
>>
>>82702166
I won't abide by your 3 sentence shit you choosy beggar but I'll keep it short: Black man dates white woman.
White woman takes black man to family estate.
There he feels like they have something dark planned for him. Clues add up, he's correct,
old whites want his "cool" "strong" black body through perfected brain transplants. He escapes before they can cut him open, burns their house down, kills the family one by one,
leaves with his buddy.
>>
Overrated. Would have been better without the brain washing shit. Shoulda just been a family of white slavers. Was amusing at times but a pretty predictable horror overall.
>>
File: Hmmmmmm.png (84KB, 196x203px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmmmmm.png
84KB, 196x203px
>>82702182
>>82702190
>>82702202
>>82702221

Thanks sounds shit
>>
>>82701859
>>82701865
Thnx man
>>
>>82701859
gib link plos
>>
>>82702565
Just google "Get Out stream", it's what I do to watch like 90% of my movies. I think the first result is HD and fast.
>>
>>82701058
Great movie.
>>
>>82701058
I loved it. The plot was good, the acting was solid, and the twist was awesome. I just wish I hadn't read about it on here before watching.
>>
>>82702565
https://yesmovies.to/movie/get-out-19713.html
>>
bump to annoy the racists lel
>>
File: ab3db394_o[1].jpg (19KB, 344x284px) Image search: [Google]
ab3db394_o[1].jpg
19KB, 344x284px
>>82701058
do you get twice as much shekels ?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.