[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for 20 year olds of /tv/ (20 year olds specifically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: y vs z.png (505KB, 605x456px) Image search: [Google]
y vs z.png
505KB, 605x456px
Question for 20 year olds of /tv/ (20 year olds specifically, not 25 year olds or 18 year olds. 20 year olds): when you think "childhood", do you think more of the television and film on the left side, or the television and film on the right side?
>>
>This thread again
Fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>82699490
Gen Z here. We watched Ben 10 too.
>>
>>82699490
Gen z is 1995-2000(?)
>>
>>82699861
It's both but I consider Ben 10 a very very very late millennial show. Here is my autistic explanation.

Ben 10(original) came out in 2005, and was at the height of its popularity in summer 2006, so I think it just barely can be lumped into the last vestiges of the "old generation" of kids' media. Summer 2006 was right before the social media/Pluto is no longer a planet/liberal circlejerk era exploded around fall-winter 2006/2007.
>>
>>82699884
The year spans in the pic are the years where those things were popular, not the birth years of the people who participated in those trends.
>>
>>82699490
more like 2006-2012
>>
Born 97 here and all the shit on left is my childhood to a t
>>
>>82699890
Pluto isn't a planet.
>>
>>82699490
Who is the faggot that keeps posting this? Honestly, people say left every time.
>>
>iphone
>childhood
Willing to berate anyone here who thinks this
>>
>>82699490
>'96
Left side full stop
>>
>>82699490
Recently turned 21, I think of stuff on the left definitely. Barely even seen the shit on the right.
>>
>>82700309
Looks like you have a few generations of people to kill then.
>>
>>82700474
youre implying you are one of them since I state 'here'
grounds for banning desu
>>
>>82699884
Yes. People born 1996+ are too young to remember 9/11, and the early days of the internet, which are things that kind of defined and shaped the millennial generational group. Whereas Generation Y group up with early personal computers at a young age, Generation Z grew up with smartphones and social media.
>>
>>82699490
Teen Titans, Kim Possible, Ben 10, and the other shit on there that I cannot identify is not millennial culture. Obviously the Gen Z'ers on /tv/ would relate to it.
>>
>>82701377
If millennials are circa 1980-1995, then people born mid 90s could definitely relate to that stuff.
>>
>>82699490
Left until 4th row
>>
>lol we're totally not fags u guize

Jesus, gen z's turning out to be even bigger cocksuckers than millennials.
Bonus points for molested shitheads.
>>
I liked
Moville Mysteries
Tutenstein
Growing Up Creepie
The Buzz on Maggie
Oggy and the Cockroaches
ChalkZone
My Gym Partner is a Monkey
>>
>>82699490
I watched and play all the left picture but I watched a little of Disney's shows contemporary to Hannah Montana such as Wizards of Waverly Place and so on, and I bought the PlayStation 3 when I was 13.
>>
Shows: Spider-Man: TAS, 90s X-Men, JL, Spider-Man: Unlimited
Consoles: PS2, DS, PC (weird placing but...)
Comics: Ultimate Marvel
Games: GTA, MGS, Pokemon, CS, Quake
Films: Spider!Raimi, Singer!Men, Pixar

You specifically asked about childhood stuff, so...
>>
(((culture)))
>>
1997 and it's left for me.

Even more ancient shit desu because new american things took some time to get to Russia.
>>
>>82699490
Born in 98. I remember all things from the eft, plus wii, xbox, Sir Chowder, bullying my female friends that liked hannah montana and Justin bieber, and the rest is teenage stuff

Am I gen z or millenial?
>>
>>82699490
I am 21 since January.
I liked Courage, pokemon, Samurai Jack, Yu-gi-oh, Ben then and teen titans. I have knon dbz and kim possible but didn't watched them.
I have no idea what are the others
From the right side, I have not watched anything, maybe a few episodes of Johnny Test
>>
Neither? Right doesn't feel like childhood and left... I wasn't into anything on the left.
>>
>>82702286
this

wtf happened to this world? it's all emchildren everywhere basking in nostalgia and making a big deal of shitty things with no real value
>>
>>82700240
18+ kiddo>>82700275
>>
>>82699490

So, can we all agree that 2007 was the cut-off year between "the past" and the current cultural Zeitgeist?
>>
>>82702562
idk, were you born in 2007?
>>
>>82699490
>iPhone not released until month after I graduated HS.
Feels weird thinking that social media was non existent to my upbringing or daily life. School drama is probably so much worse now, considering the internet never dies, while your classmates eventually do.
>>
>>82702354
I think the rule of thumb is, you're Gen Z if you weren't in compulsory schooling(K-12) by 9/11
>>
>>82699490
20 year old.
Childhood is left side.

Teenage years, so the consoles and the iPhone, is right side
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.