[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /tv/'s opinion about Alien 3? I just saw it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

What's /tv/'s opinion about Alien 3?

I just saw it for the first time and while i did have some cool ideas it's pretty meh desu. Tomorrow i'll watch the assembly cut and see if it's better.
>>
its okay/10
Not as good as the first two but decent. Resurrection should've never existed.
>>
It's the assembly cut that makes it worth watching.
>>
>>82699918
Also >>82700178 speaks the truth, Assembly Cut is probably how you should've watched it the first time
>>
>>82699130
It's salvageable.

I like to think of it as the second movie facehugging and impregnating the first movie.
>>
My biggest issue is that they killed off Newt and Hicks.

They rendered the entire final act of Aliens moot.

I reckon it would have been better if only Ripley got ejected, and the others stayed on the Sulaco. Or their pods went into a different EEV, or something. Them dying didn't really do a whole lot for the plot anyway.
>>
It's garbage for multiple reasons. It's a big fuck you to Aliens fans, it's a shitty follow up to the first two films in general, the xeno itself is garbage looking, the world looks like garbage compared to the previous two films, and the action isn't at all compelling. The story has some interesting aspects, but overall it fails to capture the audience.
>>
>>82699130
It's about the same quality as Resurrection and Aliens. Cheap and culturally insignificant cash-ins of a cinematic tour-de-force.
>>
>>82700355
>Aliens
>Culturally insignificant
Like it or not thats just flat out wrong.
>>
>>82700299
>Them dying didn't really do a whole lot for the plot anyway
It's for the misery of Ripley. Maybe they shouldn't have made the movie at all but I don't think that part was a bad decision, even though it did feel terrible to watch. I'm perfectly able to watch and enjoy Aliens without having their deaths in mind because their deaths aren't part of the film. I don't even consider their deaths canon to the Aliens film, more like Alien 3 is a possible future scenario but not the definite one.
>>
>>82700398

That's one good thing about the Neill Blonkamp film. If it had gotten made, it was likely to be a direct sequel to Aliens, ignoring 3 and resurrection.

Shame it got shelved.
>>
It started off pretty good but then they killed off the doc who was the most interesting character and I didn't care to watch the rest of the movie knowing it will be Ripley and some no names vs one xeno
>>
>>82700432
>rewatch the movie last year
>holy shit it's Charles Dance

So weird seeing him play a romantic lead.
>>
File: fmimrdgm64xy.jpg (69KB, 851x708px) Image search: [Google]
fmimrdgm64xy.jpg
69KB, 851x708px
>>82700553
>a romantic lead
Huh yeah ok
>>
How did that egg get on their ship in the first place?
The only thing that would make sense is that the Queen left it there but how would she have gotten in? Did she rip open a hole and laid her egg without anyone realizing it while they were taking off?
>>
>>82700626
Refrigerator question. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>82700674
If that egg wasn't on the ship the movie wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>82700807
If Weiland was never born the movie wouldn't happen. It the EEV crash landed on the other side of the planet the movie wouldn't happen. What's your point?
>>
>>82700907
My whole point is that the whole movie is based around a plot hole.
>>
>>82699130
It's mediocre at best. I've watched both the original version which is awful, and the assembly cut which is slightly better. I agree with what the other anon said in that they shouldn't have killed off Charles Dance so early on in the movie, he was the most interesting character. I understand why they killed him so early on but that doesn't make it a good decision. Dillon is interesting in that he's the leader of the weird space monks but he's never really explored. I like the weird religious themes in the movie but it's often way too on the nose (Ripley sacrifices herself for the good of man kind and outstretches her arms in the shape of a crucifix). The alien effects in the assembly cut are also awful but enough has been said about that already.
>>
>>82701020
Charles S. Dutton's character was on the Sulaco the whole time. He was an undercover company agent, and he planted the eggs in the hypersleep room. Then, after that was complete, Roc himself took an escape pod down to the planet before Ripley did.
>>
>>82700299
They were shit characters anyway
>>
>>82699130
>Dude, lets make all the wrong choices in storytelling, lmao
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.