[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain this movie to me? Why did it end before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Can someone explain this movie to me?

Why did it end before the final battle?
Why did the French guy give the Captain his sword?
Why did that one guy commit suicide?

I really didn't understand this movie.
>>
>>82697947
post tits or gtfo
>>
People without male genitalia not allowed on this board
>>
>>82697947

Did you even watch the film?

Are you retarded?
>>
>muh iguanas
that faggot doctor nearly compromised the mission they should of just thrown him over the side
>>
File: cat g5.jpg (125KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
cat g5.jpg
125KB, 612x612px
Next time pay attention and stop playing with your phone.
>>
File: IMG_20170208_193033.jpg (104KB, 589x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_193033.jpg
104KB, 589x570px
>>82697971
Came here to post this.
>>
>>82698035
>>82698101
The movie doesn't really explain any of those things right.
>>
>>82697971
the first post is also the best post
>>
>>82698163
>>82697947

>Why did it end before the final battle?

Cus not every movie has to end with the main character living happily ever after/ continuing their newfound life mission in a hopeful manner after overcoming a major struggle

>Why did the French guy give the Captain his sword?

Out of respect

>Why did that one guy commit suicide?
He was bullied because everyone thought he was cursed, and came to believe so himself as a result. Maybe he actually was cursed because after he commited sudoku the curse was lifted

>>82698055
Also this
>>
>>82698055
>>82699820
The doctor is who told the captain where the french ship was hiding

The doctor provided the captain with the idea of mimicry
>>
>>82699917
Yea but that was only a coincidence
>>
>>82699820
Also, the French captain mimics a doctor to escape captivity and fight another day. Mimicry, see? He still beats Cpt. Crowe at his own game.

It was very much left open for a sequel in that way. He still had been bested by Frenchy in every way, or at least those that mattered to him.
>>
File: 1413797226238.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1413797226238.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>82699820
>He was bullied because everyone thought he was cursed

That came later. He was originally bullied because he was an officer fraternizing with enlisted crew.

As the Captain explained, that made him weak in their eyes.
>>
>>82698055
Well done, you missed one of the major points of the movie.
>>
>>82700548
>officer fraternizing with enlisted crew
But what's wrong with that? Aren't they all the good guys? They should be friends.
>>
>>82700724
He's an authority figure and needs to act like one. He's trying to be too "down with the kids" and they can tell, it makes him look weak, they are battle hardened sailors and will never accept someone weak
>>
>>82700548
Right i forgot about that. Anyway he was only fraternizing with them in a vain attempt to make them like him. If memory serves right they didn't respect him initially because he was weak and likely a poof.

It all got intense only after that crazy guy woke up from his injury and started talking about a curse and so on. I dont believe faggy officer wouldve actually anhero'd if it wasnt for the curse business.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.