[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets discuss some of the decent indie films of the last 10 years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

File: Simon Killer.jpg (12KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
Simon Killer.jpg
12KB, 182x268px
Lets discuss some of the decent indie films of the last 10 years.

No trash that tries to hard to be artistic, just decent films that are lesser known.
>>
>>82692429
Fuck, this movie mad me feel so uncomfortable. Dude was one of the most despicable protags ever captured on film.
>>
moon was pretty good
>>
>>82692624

For sure. Character wise, this film was incredible.

I think its too close to home :(
>>
File: martha.jpg (67KB, 671x1000px)
martha.jpg
67KB, 671x1000px
I haven't seen Simon yet but I thought this one was pretty good.
>>
File: the comedy.jpg (2MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
the comedy.jpg
2MB, 1920x1036px
is mark schwartzbard the best cinematographer in the indie scene?
only seen a few projects from him, but every shot in the comedy looks amazing. alverson's cutting also really works well with it.
>>
>>82692429
could you put that on mega anon?
>>
File: Starry.Eyes.jpg (139KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Starry.Eyes.jpg
139KB, 674x1000px
>>
File: love_eternal_xlg.jpg (327KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
love_eternal_xlg.jpg
327KB, 1060x1500px
>>
>>82693349
>I think its too close to home :(

Ashamed to admit that too. And yeah, the characters were acted to perfection. Was also surprised how nicely shot it was too

great song choices btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1CEoVWKKPU
>>
File: the color wheel.jpg (551KB, 2048x1155px) Image search: [Google]
the color wheel.jpg
551KB, 2048x1155px
All the Alex Ross Perry films are kino
>>
File: a girl walks home alone at night.jpg (167KB, 1186x667px) Image search: [Google]
a girl walks home alone at night.jpg
167KB, 1186x667px
Can't wait for her new film, the director is waifu tier too
>>
>>82697851
i've only seen queen of earth, loved it though
>DUDE IT RIPPED OFF PERSONA THOUGH
'no'
>>
File: the one i love.jpg (65KB, 900x474px) Image search: [Google]
the one i love.jpg
65KB, 900x474px
comfy little kino featuring the thinking man's waifu
>>
>>82694957
What's a good movie other than the comedy to check out his aesthetics?

For me, I love Jeremy Saulnier's work and I'm glad he's blown up over the past few years.
>>
>>82697851
mah nigg. The Color Wheel, Queen of Earth and Listen Up Philip are quinoa.

Anyone seen Golden Exits yet?
>>
File: darker.jpg (104KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
darker.jpg
104KB, 666x1000px
Will recommend this for anyone looking for a really nuanced film about aimlessly wandering through the shitty, mundane phases of life.
>>
File: the-comedy-movie-review-2012.jpg (356KB, 1038x576px) Image search: [Google]
the-comedy-movie-review-2012.jpg
356KB, 1038x576px
>>82698016
check out his website, he does a lot of random projects, commercials, and music videos outside of film.
something about his style feels indie but mainstream at the same time. it's hard to explain, the comedy is filmed very similarly to a cassavetes film (camera frequently goes out of focus, really rough around the edge) but fit the aesthetic so well the low-budget feel is almost absent. the images are so warm, it's really a film you have to watch during the summer.

he's probably most well known for shooting master of none, which i have not seen. if you haven't already seen the comedy, do yourself a favor and watch it.
>>
>>82698347
>he shot a movie with Mackenzie Davis

Tonight's viewing sorted.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.