[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he moment they released information that the alien wasnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 40

File: IMG_1549.jpg (68KB, 266x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1549.jpg
68KB, 266x480px
>he moment they released information that the alien wasnt an alien but a human genetic experiment it ruined over 30 years of myth for me,

wait so you faggot really though the Alien was an actual Alien?
Are yoi retarded? I knew since the first time I saw the Alien movie thst thie nigga was some human biologic mutant experiment because of his body and look, he literally had a fucking human skull on his face and he literally grew out of the chest of humans? How did you faggots think it was a 100% non human alien?

how does this bullshit ruin tje franchise? lol
>>
>>82684910

Yes, only an engineered species lays its eggs in a host.
>>
>>82684910
This.

I can understand people not liking Prometheus, or other movies in the series.

But I don't see a problem with the lore itself.

Not to mention all the eggs in the Engineer ship, you could easily theorize that the ship was carrying those eggs, rather than aliens laying them after the ship crashed. And then you can start theorizing about WHY the ship was likely carrying those eggs.

Especially when the rest of the planet was lifeless.

Lore makes perfect sense to me.
>>
I don't even see why the lore is relevant

a good movie is a good movie
with or without nerd faggot lorfags
>>
>>82685139
>cant understand why lore is important in a science fiction movie

Lore is a huge thing to nerds fampai
>>
>>82685034
you need to do mankind a favour and kill yourself
>>
>>82684910

>he literally had a fucking human skull on his face and he literally grew out of the chest of humans

doesn't it just take on characteristics of the host? like walking on all fours or the predator mandibles
>>
>>82685182
Nerd culture truly was a mistake.
>>
>>82685139
>a good movie is a good movie
Or in this case, the contradictory is true.
>>
>>82685258
Nerds existed before nerd culture was prevalent
>>
>>82684910
I thought that it was very clear from the first movie onwards that they were some sort of bioweapon or attack animal. My assumption, however, was that they were made by an ancient and long dead race and not a fucking robot just a few decades before the first movie began.
>>
>>82685236
>doesn't it just take on characteristics of the host?

no
>>
>>82684910
It also grew in the chest of a dog (Alien3)

In AvP they were present in the Aztec civilization.
>>
>>82685034
>>82684910
You idea fucking sucks.
>>
>>82685139
Lore and backstory provides context to a story and the events therein. Alien has little in the way of context. This keeps the story small-scale, and a story about a parasitic Alien rapist is just that. The story begins and ends here with no pseudo-philosophical bullshit to try and add complexity to a simple concept.
>>82684910
Are you going to assume that the weirdly sexually designed monster has an justification for looking like it does and not "make its head look like a cock but put a skull in it", or that the Facehugger Egg looks like a Cross so it doesn't flip the finger at the Catholic Church?
>>
>>82685358
yes it does.
>>
>>82685352
>fucking robot
why does it bother everyone that David made the Alien?

He is the smartest character in the movies. I know he is a secret asshole, but that doesnt make the movie bad.

just because you hate David, which is understandable because he is a secret asshole, doesnt mean you hate the movie.
>>
>>82685358
Yes, it does.
>>
>>82684910

The Alien takes features of its host. That's why there are different types of Aliens if the host was a human or a cow in the movies lore, and many other shapes in the comics and games lore. Hell, the predalien is a thing for almost two decades.

So fuck you OP, and specially fuck you, senile Scott.
>>
>>82685424
He had motivation for creating a malevolent,near mindless attack insect? I guess I will go see this one.
>>
Ever since I saw BTS photos awhile ago from Alien where its skull was more visible, I've thought it was some kind of human evolution.
>>
>>82685410
?????

didn't you watch Alien 3.

the alien that came out if the dog looked like any ither Alien
>>
>>82685424
While we get that an Alien movie was getting made one way or another, there are better ways to do it. The fact that the story of the movie entirely centres around an unsympathetic character doing a bunch of bollocks matters a lot. It'd be like watching a Capeshit quipfest but the main character kicks puppies and drowns kittens. A fucking Robot, if we are to accept that the Aliens are the product of intelligent design, would not engineer the race to be so sexual in nature. That just happens so that we have the Alien that rakes in the money, because there are other Aliens, both in Covenant and Prometheus. But I guess we put some kinda pipe things on its arms, tubes on the back and high heels. Yeah that works.
>>
Will they ever explain the space jockey? Engineers only had access to the black goo, references to the aliens and the eggs were only in their murals.
>>
>>82685236
>posting AvP fanfic
>>
I honestly prefer Ridley's lore

why shoukd I prefer the lore that faggot from 4chan or some games and comics want?

fuck all that,

ridley is the true creator and all your ideas are garbage

the movie was better than expected
>>
>>82685493
>dog
it was a cow.
And the ayy moved on 4 legs.
>>
>>82685424
The first movie presents a vast universe that contains inconceivable horrors if you foolishly traverse into the unknown. Prometheus presents us a with a universe the fraction of the size, where life is fundamentally connected.

Then this comes along and shrinks the scale to such a ridiculously small extent that fucking MAIN CHARACTERS across the films are separated by a mere one or two degrees.

The second movie scaled down the actual terror the creature induces by making them killable, understandable, and many. This series has killed the greater the cosmic horror of the first film.
>>
>>82685493
It moved on all fours and it was a little smaller.
>>
>>82685473
>Hell, the predalien is a thing for almost two decades.

you people are garbage

I'm glad Ridley didn't listen to the neckbeard fans

AvP was cancer
>>
>>82685569
Space Jockey has plot armor. They might keep it that way for more entries in the series.
>>
>>82685620
Sorry moron, you sucking cock won't get you in favor of batshit stupid Scott.
>>
>>82684910

I literally just got back from this.

Still in shock about it.

How the fuck did I fall for the Prometheus meme twice?

1 hour of the worst and most boring non eventful character building.

Facehuggers take only a few minutes to work now.

Aliens only take an hour to become full size.

Alien shows no signs of being clever at all.

Alien gets killed within five minutes of being discovered on the ship.

They got my money twice for this shit and the trailer is completely misleading
>>
has there ever been a movie where /tv didn't become a faggot and hated it?

I swear you asshole vaginas hate every good movie just for the sake of being edgy and feel better
>>
>>82685663
The alternative is what? Sequels with one xenomorph facing unarmed space salvage crews,taking them down 1 by 1 in dark corners of a spaceship until being stopped by a plucky heroine? If I want that shit I will watch Friday the 13th
>>
That feel when Cameron was willing and ready to do an Alien 5, before AVP was greenlit.
>>
File: Dog2-1300x[1].jpg (169KB, 1300x861px) Image search: [Google]
Dog2-1300x[1].jpg
169KB, 1300x861px
>>82685493
It walks on all fours and doesn't have tubes on its back
>>
>>82684910
>I knew this since I saw Alien versus Predator
Ftfy
And that's retarded anyway, it's just a parasitic breeder like those wasps that lay their eggs inside other insects
>>
>>82685631
Oh shit,it was a goddamn bull. I think someone fucked up because the dog def had one,too.
>>
>>82685875
Well, no sequels for one. But if that is a moot point, you can still leave a degree of fucking mystery, and when information is dispensed it not, "oh by the way everything across this hundred thousand light disk is interrelated on a laughably small scale.
>>
>>82685753
the entire part on the ship wasn't needed at all. they should have just crash landed on the planet and saved us 40 minutes of literal nothingness.
>>
wait did humans create the aliens
>>
>>82685698
It was fun
>>
>>82685976
It depends on the cut of Alien 3 you watch whether bursts from a dog or a cow.
>>
>>82686058
*it
>>
>>82686000
It's missing one component before becoming chosen one fic. All they need now is a hint at Ripley like a backpack with her name on it or a high ranking Weyland Yutani officer named Ripley. It's distressing.

...However Aliens (the second movie) left me with a chill because of the insect hive approach. Theyre bugs. Driven by instinct to reproduce at all costs.
>>
>I'll do the fingering

What did David mean by this.
>>
>>82686020

I thought they were going to go for an Aliens while on the surface and Alien back on the ship.

Instead we got about 10 actual minutes of Alien interaction and the rest was stiff boring nothingness.

And dialogue like this?

> Put it in your mouth and blow
> I will do the fingering

People in my screen actually laughed out loud at that whole David flute scene
>>
File: alien3.gif (2MB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
alien3.gif
2MB, 500x211px
>>82685493
>>
>great, atmospheric and self-contained horror movie with interesting aliens of unknown origin
>autists demand that everything is explained, ruining the mystery as the incompetent director shits on his own series
Every fucking time.
>>
>>82686171
aw that's a cute xenopupper
>>
>>82684910
It's human like because it was honestly scarier that way. There are tons of 100% non human aliens with human features in media. You probably watched Star Wars and wondered why there were so many human biological mutants in the universe. Also I'm sure the Alien can put it's eggs into any mammal if it wanted to. We only ever see it interact with humans because there's nothing else to hunt at the moment.
The Xenomorph was 100% Alien up until recently when M. Night Shyamalan took over the series.
>>
>>82686171
Wow, alien 3 aged like shit. I remember being legitimately creeped out by this thing.
>>
>>82685601
Alien 3 and avp canon for now
>>
>>82686132
>>82686116
I'm pretty sure it's intended to be sexual/funny. David is a total sex pest in it.
>>
>>82686171
you can't be serious thats has to be a placeholder
>>
>>82686222
how can a dog in an alien mask "age like shit"

>>82686186
Ridley is
>>
>>82686245
>82686245
what do you mean? isnt this the chestburster?
>>
>>82686275
It was a joke, A.
>>
>>82686293
It was a screen test.
>>
all the characters where like "meh" when there partners died
>>
>>82685139
Nerds need textbooks filled with nonsense about fictional universes in order to have material they can throw out in order to make themselves feel smart
>>
>>82685473
So what's the reason for it having a massive penis shaped head no matter what it's host is
>>
File: alien big chap.jpg (99KB, 745x494px) Image search: [Google]
alien big chap.jpg
99KB, 745x494px
>>82684910
they originaly wanted to go with this head design for the alien (back in the Original movie) but opted for the dome over it. a wise decision
>>
>>82684910
Star Trek's aliens are humans in body paint, maybe with a thing on their head
To this day 2/3 of the aliens in anything are recolored humans with a head doodle
I wouldn't blame anyone for overlooking the aliens' humanoid frame, they're eldritch by the trash standards of alien design
>>
File: alien-big-chap-bust.jpg (148KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
alien-big-chap-bust.jpg
148KB, 1200x800px
>>82686409
Engineers: We designed it that way, as a joke
>>
>>82686444
I think they even produced some kids toys will the skull design on them. I'm glad they didn't go with the skull stuff, it looks like Mad Max motorbike or something.
>>
>>82685034

> They were carrying eggs, sothey must have made em.

So if aliens found a cargo ship with cows on it, then they would assume humans created cows.
>>
>>82685139
ridders had 3 choices
>make a sequel to A:R which carries on a story which requires new lore and world building
>make a sequel which is a remake or rehash of the same formula and expand the lore and universe in no way at all
>make a prequel which tries to tidy up the promethmess which requires new lore
he didnt really have a choice at all. he had to do number three. dolt backed himself into a corner and stuck with the idea that people care about his bullshit ideas
>>
>>82686444
The upper left one with a few tweaks and movie lighting could actually be pretty terrifying.
>>
>>82686375
I think you mean geeks. Nerds are too busy perching themselves at the edge of their beds in revealing pop culture nighties and chewing the rims of their glasses,staring happily into laptops that are...on their laps.
>>
>>82686493
>tfw you realize the alien is just intergalactic cuckposting by a race of demigods.
>>
>>82686493
>Engineers
>>
>>82686560
He had 4 choices, actually.
>stop making garbage sequels and save his last scraps of dignity
>>
>>82684910
> its a i am smart your dumb episode.
Shut up fag you didnt know shit, you're just trying to justify this guy pulling bullshit plot twists out his ass.
>>
>>82686617
>dolt backed himself into a corner and stuck with the idea that people care about his bullshit ideas
>>
File: niel blomkamp alien.jpg (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
niel blomkamp alien.jpg
89KB, 640x640px
>>82686560
or he shoudn't have been an arrogant bitch and allow niel blomkamp to make his alien 5 movie
>>
This is what happens when you shit on movies like Kingdom of Heaven. Fuckers panic and go back to what they feel is safe.

Prometheus sucked,I have never made it through.
>>
File: alien & avatar.jpg (272KB, 1236x787px) Image search: [Google]
alien & avatar.jpg
272KB, 1236x787px
>>82686608
david just altered the design
>>
>>82684910
holy shit faggot end your life you miserable piece of trash
>>
>>82685787
>This alien movie good
Nice try movie advertiser.
>>
File: 56357.png (864KB, 640x820px) Image search: [Google]
56357.png
864KB, 640x820px
>>82684910
Riddley is doing exactly what Lucas was doing with Star Wars before Disney came and snatched it from his bumbling clutches

I think they're both frauds who took credit for the ideas of others when they made the "original" firsts. How these two franchises ended up in their hands just proves the point

Under their control both franchises turned into an autismal pile of garbage living off the steam generated from the works of decades prior

Riddley Scott is a joke
>>
>>82686171
Alien 3 was a mistake

I'm surprised Fincher made good movies after this garbage
>>
File: alien queen behind the scenes.jpg (126KB, 575x368px) Image search: [Google]
alien queen behind the scenes.jpg
126KB, 575x368px
Alien: 9/10
Aliens: 10/10
Alien 3 theatrical editon: 5/10
Alien 3 directors cut: 7/10
Alien Ressurection: 5/10

Prometheus: 3/10
Alien: Covenant: (haven't seen yet, coming next week here)

Aliens vs Predator: 6/10
Aliens vs Predator Requim: 4/10 (too dark)
>>
File: space jockey.jpg (71KB, 1029x561px) Image search: [Google]
space jockey.jpg
71KB, 1029x561px
>btw this extremely interesting and mysterious alien corpse located in a seemingly ancient, enormous spaceship is actually just a big human in a suit lol
>and the parasitic aliens with acid blood were designed by a handsome blonde robot lmao
>>
>>82685905
Alien 5 will never happen. It's cursed to be announced, then delayed for another Alien movie, which turns out to be shit. It happens every time.
>>
File: niel blomkamp alien2.jpg (40KB, 636x479px) Image search: [Google]
niel blomkamp alien2.jpg
40KB, 636x479px
>>82686839
riddley scott said that blomkamp never had a script, only the concept art and some ideas.

i think he is bullshitting and just didn't want someone else to make an alien movie that would be better then his shitty Prometheus pleb stain of a movie
>>
>>82686644
Niel is not a good director, sorry
>>
>>82686817
>Alien: 9/10
>Aliens: 10/10
This is a very bad opinion.
>>
>>82686917
apparently neither is scott.
>>
So honest question,
if all of you hated this movie so badly, why did you pay for it?

I'm seriously confused, everybody in this thread seems to be a faggot.

what's up with that?
>>
>>82686940
take that back.
>>
>>82686988
because I'm not psychic and don't know what a movie is like before paying to see it.

I also liked it, but I liked Prometheus too.
>>
>>82686988
How would you know if you hate it before you've watched it?
>>
at least the movie was "fun" you know.

normalfags don't care about lore and other faggotry.

most people who watched this movie haven't even seen prometheus.

you neckbeards are not the target audience.

8/10 I thought it was much better than prometheus, at least the characters were not retarded
>>
>>82686988
how can you know you dislike it if you havent seen it
why would i watch a film on a monitor when i could watch it in imax
>>
>>82687048
the characters were incredibly retarded wtf are you talking about
>>
File: alien queen behind the scenes3.jpg (58KB, 702x458px) Image search: [Google]
alien queen behind the scenes3.jpg
58KB, 702x458px
>>82686926
aliens improved greatly on alien
giving ripley a great character arc and growth
also giving interesting and cool characters like hicks and hudson.
and introducing the alien queen

alien hasn't aged well
aliens still holds up today
>>
File: ex5b.gif (12KB, 467x266px) Image search: [Google]
ex5b.gif
12KB, 467x266px
>>82686409
>>82686493
What if it's a melon?
>>
>>82687048
>most people who watched this movie haven't even seen prometheus.
I really doubt that. and they're going to be confused as fuck.
>>
>>82687063
you could lurk this place for faggot opinions and pretend that you saw it so you too can hate on Ridley collectiveky to not feel alone and worthless in this world
>>
>>82686988
Because they want it to be good, they want this so bad it pains them to see it become such crap

It's a total waste given the great source material. It fell in one mans control and he's ruining it for thousands of people
>>
>>82687122
>alien hasn't aged well
isn't this opinion illegal?

can someone arrest this anon?
>>
>>82686608

wew dave is a big guy
>>
>>82687147
Alien is not a good movie
and the source material is garbageo

Aliens is a good movie though
>>
>>82686193
Right?
>>
>muh lore, muh story

isn''t this what they did with Alien 3 and it sucked ass?

AllI wanted was a scary creepy alien eating motherfucker movie, and I got that.
>>
>>82684910
I thought he was genetically engineered by whatever the fuck was that giant alien mummified they found at the beginning of the movie (which later turned out to be the "Engineers aliens" in Prometheus)
>>
>>82685182

Any "nerd" would realize the lore is fucking stupid. Even if it is an alien. Anything with "ancient galactic civilizations" is stupid because its technically impossible a species that has interstellar travel to "destroy themselves".
>>
Why do people want "story" in the Alien movies?

It's an action horror about an Alien killing scientists in a creepy cool atmosphere.

That's the whole purpose of it
to creep and horror you

not to suck your dick and tell you a Nolan story
>>
Why David nuked the Enginner poeple?
>>
>He watched Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Prometheus for the story

It's a horror flick faggot, get over it and once enjoy a movie
>>
>>82687122
>alien hasn't aged well
What.
It has some of the greatest practical effects and costume, and set design ever seen in a movie.

The dialogue flows naturally, and a lot of it is improvised.
The retrofuturistic technology became a staple of the series.

What exactly do you mean?
>>
>>82687298
>It's an action horror about an Alien killing scientists in a creepy cool atmosphere.
>That's the whole purpose of it
>to creep and horror you
wew. Covenant is going to disappoint you beyond belief.
>>
>>82687254
>>82687223
>>82687048
>>82686988
>>82686767
>>82685787
>>82685620
>>82685424
>>82685139
all of these posts are bait
the spacing is rattlin me something fierce
>>
>>82687312
they insulted him a little bit
>>
File: a3comic_queen_embryo.jpg (128KB, 410x640px) Image search: [Google]
a3comic_queen_embryo.jpg
128KB, 410x640px
>>82687312
he was butthurt that everyone viewed him as inferior because he wasn't a real living being.

so he thinks that by killing the creators of humans, that it will make him superior because he killed 'gods'
>>
>>82687298
Self-contained stories are not allowed to exist anymore.

If there is a question, people want it answered.
>>
>>82684910
>people didn't fucking know that the alien is of human origin
That information has been canon since the first alien comics.
>>
>>82687259
This, especially through fucking xenomorphs which even humans can kill
>>
File: female predators7.jpg (274KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
female predators7.jpg
274KB, 752x1062px
how can xenomorphs even compete?
>>
>>82686891
he is not bullshiting.
I did some concept art for Neil, he is a genius at visual effects but he is an idiot, he first wants people to draw him a bunch of stuff then he tries to come up with a story by looking at the concept arts. His storytelling method is fucking retarded. He does this for all his movies.
>>
>>82687122
>giving ripley a great character arc and growth
You mean like the entire first movie?
>introducing the alien queen
Arguably the first spark of the fire that killed the series.
The point where a new gimmick alien was shoved into every new movie because the creators couldn't do anything interesting with the already established setting.

Aliens is a very good action movie, but nothing more.
Alien was the one breaking new ground and establishing a universe, which Cameron then used to carry his movie.
>>
>>82687312
David quotes Ozymandias from Shelly.

>"Ozymandias" represents a transliteration into Greek of a part of Ramesses's throne name, User-maat-re Setep-en-re. The sonnet paraphrases the inscription on the base of the statue, given by Diodorus Siculus in his Bibliotheca historica, as "King of Kings am I, Osymandias. If anyone would know how great I am and where I lie, let him surpass one of my works."

the imagery of him releasing the infection is also likely a reference to the Biblical plague, which posits the Engineers as Pharoah and David as God.

Probably related: Scott's last film was about Moses and the plagues of Egypt and has in the past referred to Jesus Christ as actually being an Engineer in the Alien universe, so maybe Covenant is that storyline moved around a bit.

>>82687399
xenoshrimp? christ.
>>
>>82687556
Which one did you make?
>>
>>82687514
>canon
>since the first alien comics

Jesus Christ I hate your kind.
>>
>>82687312
because he is a secret asshole
>>
>>82687514
>Aliens is a non-canonical comic book series set in the fictional universe of the Alien films. It was first published by Dark Horse Comics in 1988

>non-canonical
>>
who cares?
Lore or not?
The average moviegoer watched the movie for the killing and action. After the movie is over they will ndver talk about it again.
The only thing they will say is if their friends ask them if it was good or not.

$$$ was made
>>
>>82684910
I really don't mind it. I can't believe you're this butthurt about it. It's not like this is even a Star Wars level franchise. It's had two decent films and tons of turds.
>>
>>82686540
Well I mean we have selectively bred them over the years. They would probably think we use these biological being for a purpose. So it doesnt seem too silly to think of the pilot as a shepherd
>>
>>82687799
>two decent films
>tons of turds
>awful comics trying to explain everything to an autistic degree
They're pretty similar series, actually.
>>
>>82686891
No there was no script. Fox decides who makes these movies not Ridley though he can certainly bitch
>>
File: hr_giger_newyorkcity_XXVI.jpg (272KB, 1200x580px) Image search: [Google]
hr_giger_newyorkcity_XXVI.jpg
272KB, 1200x580px
>>82686838
That's the least of the problems, the "biomechanical aspect" of the jockey and the aliens was discarded for less a detailed art direction, there only thing left from the original derelict is it's shape, it's no longer made of bones and flesh, oh, and now it has holograms and shiny projectors like genetic alien ship #378.

I expected this as the space jockey homeworld, not a fucking forest and a bunch of shitty temples.
>>
>>82686493
He's a big guy.
>>
>>82687799
>It's not like this is even a Star Wars

ahaha.ùahahahahaha...

ahahahahahahahahahahahhaAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

As if Star was is anything but an over rated children flick, it's shit, but differently from Aliens, it's never been good, the original trilogy was alreday bad, especially that huge turd known as chapter VI, cringed during the whole movie
>>
>>82686838
What the fuck, I thought the aliens were designed by him (or by his race at least).

What role does he play in this, then?
>>
>>82687870
Not inferring quality only financial clout, status in popular culture.

20 years ago everyone remembered Alien and Aliens. Now a days I doubt anyone under 20 that's rather into normal tastes really knows anything about this franchise were as star wars you can have kids age 6 know the entier SW universe or some other shit.
>>
File: Normal_art-of-prometheus-003.png (670KB, 1000x727px) Image search: [Google]
Normal_art-of-prometheus-003.png
670KB, 1000x727px
>>82688027
David didn't create them, they existed before.
>>
>>82687945
see

Not inferring quality, only size/presence of intellectual property
>>82688060
>>
>>82687911
They should never have made a prequel.
Even if they actually gave a fuck about art direction, they'd never live up to Giger's original design, and it'd probably be too "icky" for normalfags.

The worldbuilding in Alien was good because you could only imagine what kind of world the space jockey and aliens came from.
>>
>>82688060
> Now a days I doubt anyone under 20 that's rather into normal tastes really knows anything about this franchise

You're kidding right?

Alien is ultra popular everywhere, I'm italian and my father still remembers it well, I'm Italian and I've known about Alien since I was 8, they're rather popular
>>
>>82688139
>On 12 May 2014, Giger died in a hospital in Zürich after having suffered injuries in a fall.[10][11][12][13]
What the fuck, this is infuriating
>>
>>82688142
>my father

Exactly. it's not as popular as you think.
>>
File: Alien 3 cgi 4.png (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alien 3 cgi 4.png
3MB, 1920x800px
>>82686275
Not the dog but you know that weird fucking puppet they animated in front of a green screen, only to sloppy put it into the scenes, where it will have this green "aura," surrounding it, like it swallowed a bucket of tritium, that aged. I don't think it even looked good even back then.
>>
>>82685364
AvP is non-canon. But if you try too hard you can imagine that the Predators can travel through time and brought Xenos with them for hunting
>>
>Captain is all about relying on concrete data and facts
>WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS DEAD WORLD LOL LET'S GO LMAO
>>
File: Alien-3-Assembly-cut.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-3-Assembly-cut.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>82686171
>>82688315
>>82686767

This is part of why the Assembly cut makes Alien 3 a great film, IMO. The original cut I still liked but get why pop culture disregards it; Assembly comes off so much better.
>>
>>82686817

>Prometheus: 3/10
>Aliens vs Predator: 6/10

kys
>>
File: 1463810808820.png (78KB, 399x428px) Image search: [Google]
1463810808820.png
78KB, 399x428px
>>82686838
Expanding on any of this shit was a mistake. It works so much better as just a unknown entity.
>>
>>82688339
>AvP is non-canon.
WHAT? Who the fuck decides what's canon and what's not?
>>
>>82688768
This is true for all sci fi I'd say. When they explain shit in sequels or prequels it stops being interesting.
>>
>>82688575
STOP

HAMMER TIME
>>
>>82688974
Well, AvP:R definitely wasn't canon even before Prometheus. You first have to actually fucking see what's in the movie before you can call it canon or not.
>>
>>82687767
This. You guys care too much about stupid movie stuff, just watch the movie and enjoy yourself haha
>>
>>82689193
I thought that no matter how non canon they seem they are all somehow tied up by some loose retcon that you have to make up or ignore, no matter how bad or stupid these movies may be.
>>
>>82684910

I've just seen the new one (Covenant). Aliens have like 3 minutes of screentime, the rest is Fassbender staring at himself or playing a flute.
>>
File: parker and brett4_final .jpg (16KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
parker and brett4_final .jpg
16KB, 480x204px
>>82684910
20 threads a day about this film and NOT ONE person brings up the most important question
>>
>>82689410
>Fassbender staring at himself or playing a flute.
how is this bad.
>>
>>82687298
This.
If you want a plot, go read a fucking book.
Why do people have to ruin slasher movies with pointless crap when its literally in the name, its about people getting killed.
>>
File: 1490690154084.png (327KB, 909x545px) Image search: [Google]
1490690154084.png
327KB, 909x545px
>>82689445
>>
>>82685139
this desu
i just ignore the faggotry of the movies past the first one.
>>
>>82689445
You'll get your bonus, now get the fuck back to work
>>
>>82686988
There's no cam yet that's why
>>
File: Tyrant.jpg (39KB, 345x372px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrant.jpg
39KB, 345x372px
>>82684910
A reminder that another one of Games Workshops ripoffs has surpassed the source.
>>
>>82689653
>Another
What was the other one?
I had an interview for an illustrator job with Forge World in Nottingham last week, the warhammer world museum is insane but I wouldn't move to Nottingham.
>>
>160+ replies to reddit tier shitposting

It's time for /tv/ to be merged with /b/ or /trash/. You serve no purpose.
>>
>>82689311
Not that guy but nope. AVP was never canon to begin with. It's just a side thing for fun. If it WAS canon they reconnected it when prometheus came out.
>>
>>82686222
>>82686245
>>82686767

You realise this isn't in the actual movie right?
>>
>>82684910
I thought it was just some cool movie made from some cool Giger art. I really didn't invest anything more than that and I haven't even seen the rest of the movies since I saw part 3.
>>
>>82689777
>What was the other one?
Doesn't the concept of ''space marines'' come from Starship Troopers?
>>
>>82689895
Resurrection is really great. It's more of an action movie like Aliens, except Ripley is an Alien DNA infused super soldier.

Winona Ryder is also super cute in it.

it's a lot better than 3 or the 2 new ones.
>>
>>82688768
Best example is wolverine, the more you found out the more it just got retarded.

By the end he was samurai sword fighting death every time he got mortally wounded and healed, in an instant. I stopped reading right there so if that got changed I don't know.
>>
>>82689777
Necrons and Orkz.
I used to live in Nottingham funnily enough, some decent bits about the place though I lived in Bulwell which was less decent to say the least of it.
>>
>>82687399
Man, that's a bigass spoiler for Alien 3 to put on page 3 of the comic.
>>
>>82689957
To be honest the Imperial Guard seems more like a direct ripoff of Starship Troopers crossed with the marines in Alien, Space Marines are mostly their own unique thing at this point.
>>
but david didnt create them ??? he trying to re crearte them and who knows what else hes planning using what hes learned so far
>>
>>82689859
Again, that's the joke. Nostalgia can cloud judgment, but thinking that one can remember a dog in a costume as anything else is ridiculous. Sorry to spell it out, but I honestly can't believe it was obvious to begin with.
>>
>>82689957
i think its such a generic concept that you cant really call it a ripoff to any serious degree. i mean the concept is just soldiers in space with future tech. plus space marines dont look anything like the robo gorilla suits in starship troopers, and their entire nature and makeup is hugely different.
>>
>>82684910
>the moment they released information that the alien wasnt an alien but a human genetic experiment
>>
>>82687253
Dumbass.
>>
The alien is a weapon to destroy animal life, is a weapon made by the engineers, why? Who the fuck knows, why do we kill animals, why do we destroy our creations? Why do we create? Who the fuck knows we just do it
It takes the form of the host
That's why there was the white xeno from Prometheus and covenant, the dog xeno from alien 3, and the black xeno we all know

What David did was to experiment to perfect the bio weapon, cause he only had a limited amount of the virus, so he did his experiments, to make the perfect weapon, the one he made can turn it's host into eggs so more of them can spawn until a queen is born to produce more, it's more lethal, and no longer relies on the limited resource of the virus
>>
>>82690644
I think the argument can be made that the xenos were not technically lieformes (viruses are not technically alive). They were merely biomechanical weapons whose reproduction was limited to, and genetically confined to, other organisms. David's meddling incorporated the Queen and reproductive system, changing them from externalized viruses to true parasites, in other words, true, viable life forms.
>>
When will you guys realise the Ridley Scott is actually, film by film, removing from the canon anything that wasn't his one first one?
He skipped AvP and Resurrection from the start, now the Dog Alien doesn't make sene anymore, next it will be Aliens, you will see.
>>
So wait

I still haven't seen Alien 3 for some reason

Should I watch Theatrical or Assembly cut?
>>
>>82690867
Assembly cut, trust me, you will see the Theatrical version eventually and thank me for suggesting the alternative.
>>
>>82690867
both are disappointing for different reasons. they're pretty leaden and dull for a film about aliens in space.

I'd just go with Theatrical to see what everyone else saw that is entirely "canon"
>>
>>82690818
Yes, that's what I get from the movie
>>
File: 1487042282387.png (1MB, 1139x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1487042282387.png
1MB, 1139x1039px
>>82689445
who was phone?
>>
>>82691083
I would like to fuck that puppet
>>
It was as obvious ever since the Space Jockey showed up
>>
>>82690858
AvP is not cannon
Why the dog alien doesn't make sense? It's exactly the way the virus works
>>
>>82686817
WHAT ABSOLUTE SHIT TASTE

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>82686608
WTF was his problem?
>>
why didnt ash just let them escape in the shuttle while he took the alien back to earth on the main ship
>>
In horror movies as a rule, the less you explain "the horror" part of it the better the movie is.

In this particular case Scott came to the franchise and overexplain things nobody ever wanted explained and in the process diminished the whole thing considerably.

And on top of that both Prometheus and Covenant are mediocre at best without factoring in their place in the franchise.
Covenant even more so since it simple doesn't function as a standalone story.

Basically the whole thing is a joke now.
>>
>>82684910
>>82685034
I always thought it went kinda like this

>Engineers are space travelers
>charting out new places and habitable planets
>come into conflict with local species or another space faring civilization
>eventually discover or manufacture xenos on some newly discovered planet
>perfect weapon
>drop these eggs onto planets with hostile lifeforms
>leave the xenos to take over and eventually starve
>move in and clean up if they want the planet and the locals aren't space faring, or drop them and hope for maximum damage if they are space faring

Although Aliens threw a spanner in the works by having them able to reproduce, it still mostly fit. So if that's what's described in Covenant then they confirmed my understanding
>>
>>82685875
>The alternative is what?
Don't try to fit a sequel in where it doesn't work, make something original. If the xenos weren't in Aliens, nobody would even compare the two films.
>>
File: 1493307824039.jpg (169KB, 986x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493307824039.jpg
169KB, 986x1280px
Going to watch it tomorrow with my gf, thething is, she hasn't seen Prometheus, just the original ones. Will it make any sense to her?
>>
>>82691881

My main complaint with this whole Prometheus/Covenant debacle is that Scott has enough prestige in Hollywood to basically fund any project he wants.

And instead of making something new he wastes his remaining years doing this shit overproduced half-baked sequel/prequels that retroactively ruin classics.

I mean even at a script level Prometheus and Covenant are extremely derivative crap projects.
>>
>>82691942
It will, but still worth seeing Prometheus on hdonline.to or whatever first so she understands who David, Shaw and Weyland are.
>>
>>82687259
Basically this. "Lore" "nerds" are really pathetic pseudo-intellectuals. I checked out the spoilers video on youtube, paused it at one second not to spoil myself and read all the comments. I'm literally looking more forward to Alien Covenant than I already was just by seeing all these butthurt Prometheus fags.
>>
>>82684910
The problem isn't the lore.
The problem is that there's lore at all.

What made Alien and AlienS great was how little we knew about the xenomorphs, and how every new thing we learned was just one more bullet point on the already long list of reasons why we're fucked.

The moment they actually started explaining shit and connecting dots is the moment it all went downhill.
>>
>>82688339
That's fucking retarded. This is why lorefags are shit.

The second you have to start amputating entire sections of lore to make it make any sense is the moment you admit the lore DOESN'T make any sense, and it's pointless to try.

You can make anything look like anything else if you subtract the right bits. You can cut a car in half, but that doesn't make it a bicycle.
>>
>>82692007
I don't think seeing Prometheus first will be possible, tight schedule, but as long as she isn't totally lost i guess it's ok, we can see Prometheus afterwards.
>>
Are Alien, Prometheus and Bladerunner all part of the same universe?
>>
>>82692797

nope
>>
>>82692529
It's not hard to follow it anyway, Covenant does its best to be stand-alone in that way and has... I guess you'd call them flashbacks. Have fun, hope you guys enjoy it.
>>
>>82686540
Is this bait? Cows are from the same planet as humans and have been selectively bred for millennia.
>>
>>82689834
I have always and still do think that AvP is canon and I'm glad it is so.
>>
>>82687048
It wasn't even for me. It was just there.

>>82686988
Work invite.
>>
>>82684910
It never bothered me. For a while it was obvious that if it wasn't made by the engineers it was made by humans.
>>
>>82685753

Goddamnit, that sucks. Dropping my HSX stock now. I was betting Ridley learned his lessons but guess fucking not.
>>
Am I the only one who feels the mix of filming and editing in Alien made most xenomorph encounter scenes feel very... I don't know, hazy and abstract feeling.

To this day I have no idea what the alien was supposed to be hanging on in Brett's scene. As a kid I was confused but reasoned there must have been chains out of view. Then you see the extended scenes or just look at what's in the final cuts with any sort of scrutiny and realize that no. It's just fucking hovering. The alien can fly.
>>
>>82694166
It was hanging onto the chains above him
>>
>>82688069
David created the xenomorph life cycle, the way the xeno can turn its hosts into eggs, so they can spawn a facehugger to give birth to more xeno warriors or a queen, that's what david created

The whole final act of the movie is a mess, you can't tell whats going on when the fight the last two xenos
>>
>>82686817
alien>aliens>alien 3>covenant>resurrection>prometheus

avp can suck a dick
>>
>>82686988
>have to watch the movie to know what is like
>pay 2 dollars for a ticket
>if it's shit, shitpost on /tv/
>if it's good, shitpost on /tv

Are you a psychic or how do you know a movie is good or bad before watching it, we can argue that there are some movies that are obviously shit before watching them, but this is not one of those cases
>>
File: alien3eroticdesign6.jpg (47KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
alien3eroticdesign6.jpg
47KB, 620x400px
>>82687532
>>
>>82686444
Yeah this would've definitely ruined the mythology for me.
>>
>>82694442
No it wasn't. Its arms are stretched outward and have no chains extending from them. Same for the tail.
>>
>>82694453
Nigga in order to be David the original creator of the alien they would have to retcon the first alien movie, the derelict looks like it's made of bones (biomechanic), the space jockey is so old that it's fossilized, how the fuck did an "engineer" ship ended next to the engineer military base filled with eggs? David already left the ship in paradise, and he is the only one capable of piloting the ship.
>>
Mythology+Lore= MORE Alien movies. Yahoo!
>>
>>82694996
Not him but that ship is much younger than it seems then. It'd have to be around 50 years old?
>>
>>82695098
A:C happens like 30 years before Alien. Also, who put the eggs in a fully functional engineer ship? There is no data about Paradise because David erased all the data about the incident.
>>
File: blackfire.jpg (199KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
blackfire.jpg
199KB, 598x800px
>>82689777
Contact them and steal the unreleased Battle of Black Fire Pass

It's your destiny
>>
>>82685875
>sequels
>>
>>82694912
Just looked it up and you're right. Funny cos I never saw that part when I've seen the film.
Kinda ruining my fondness of the film, a hovering alien seems silly since we know it's not capable of flight
>>
>>82695275
>>82694996
you have to wait for the next movie
the eggs were at some point a living creature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dSIMFo7iU
maybe that engineer tried to stop david
look at how fast the alien grows and how fast he makes a nest, also the decay of an alien host occurs rapidly
>>
I just watched it.

I liked it more than Prometheus because it didn't piss me off with its stupidity, but it was kinda underwhelming. Also it felt too short and it had too much shaky cam.
>>
>>82686817
> Aliens>alien.

Opinion invalidated
>>
>>82694770
the dsls only make it creepier. Would've been good to include on one of the xenomorph varients.
>>
>>82685956
Can you even see the bull/dog skull in the dome? Like the original
>>
I always think that the alien looks so vulnerable to the truly terrifying parasites of the world: fungi and bacteria
>>
>>82695639
Supposed to be its tail it's hanging from
>>
File: hrgigersdog.png (2MB, 1228x800px) Image search: [Google]
hrgigersdog.png
2MB, 1228x800px
>>82686171
Dude, that's just an homage to Gigerdoggo.
>>
File: latest.gif (624KB, 530x320px) Image search: [Google]
latest.gif
624KB, 530x320px
>>82684910
>a human genetic experiment

???
>>
>>82694453
he did not. he only followed the instructions
>>
File: wtf.jpg (230KB, 1387x753px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
230KB, 1387x753px
explain this shit please
>>
I actually never bothered with the series but knowing this it sounds pretty cool, saw an anime with the same plot device, gonna check it out thnx
>>
>>82684910
>I knew since the first time I saw the Alien movie thst thie nigga was some human biologic mutant experiment

No. No you didn't. Here's your (You), you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>82685352
Citation Needed.
>>
>>82686817
Alien: 10/10
Aliens: 10/10
Alien3 theatrical cut (only one I've seen): 7/10
Alien Resurrection: 5/10
Alien vs. Predator: 3/10
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem: 4/10
Prometheus: 2/10
Alien: Covenant: 6/10
>>
>>82697328
AVP: Requiem rated higher than Prometheus... m8 you are trying way too hard now. why don't you fuck on off?
>>
>>82686994
He did Matchstick Men too!?

Based Ridley
>>
File: 1491977635356.jpg (22KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491977635356.jpg
22KB, 720x540px
>>82685601
>literal canonical sequal
>fanfiction

Are you having fun there m8?
>>
>>82696321
>I liked it more than Prometheus because it didn't piss me off with its stupidity
the redneck of the crew sniffing some obviously organic alien shit was pretty high on the stupidity scale
>>
>>82697154
the nose knows
>>
>>82689653
Giger was the ultimate source for the design.

GW combines a lot of alien sci fi elements together to build their universe. They aren't a source.
>>
has this movie leaked online yet?
>>
>>82685358
yes, it does
>>
Well, biologically it makes much more sense this way. An alien from another ecosystem probably wont use humans as host cause of the differing biochemistry, at least if it evolved naturally.
>>
>>82685358
>he hasn't seen Alien 3
>>
>>82697089
Never existed.
>>
>>82698268
I mean it can make sense that the alien was designed as a weapon

It's like designing a biochemical weapon for all of life in the universe. You know that H is the most abundant element in the universe, so life utilizes it somehow 99% chance. Have an organism or robot attack the hydrogen bonds
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (195KB, 515x358px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
195KB, 515x358px
>>82696833
It just would have been nice if it actually was hanging from its tail. Or anything really.
>>
>>82684910
So does that make the thing a human made organism.
>>
>>82685493
>>82685631

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDrF9LFn_cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Gm-PbV5BE
>>
>>82687887
>>82686891
>imagine you're a fox executive
>you have two Alien projects in your table
>which one do you choose?
>take in account that Ridley has been working with Fox for 40 years, his last film was an oscar nominated box office hit, and always delivers top visuals within time AND budget
>on the other hand, you have fanfiction from the guy who made Chappie
>>
>>82689254
Fuck you man
>>
>>82686760
>lucas
are you one of those manchilds that demonize lucas?
Lucas executed poor movies but his ideas where top notch and fresh anon.
Covenant however it's fucking laughable.

Everything that was interesting in prometheus - despite it not being a very good movie - was crushed and dashed in favor of commiting more problems - the same ones! - that prometheus did.

shameful.
>>
>>82686817
>prometheus sucks
>muh muhh retarded scientists

yeah they where retarded but there is no fucking way that the AVP and Alien 3 and 4 are better than prometheus.

Say what you want about it but the movie was a fucking master crafted piece that was only found wanting on the screenplay department.
>>
>>82687636
>You mean like the entire first movie?
how did she grow and what was her character arc in the first movie? please explain.
>>
>>82688139
The only required prequel was prometheus, but with a less retarded script.
Ridley has gone too senile to notice the shits.
>>
>>82689834
No, Prometheus was just a side thing for money.
AvP is canon, Prometheus is non-canon.
>>
>>82690644
>The alien is a weapon to destroy animal life, is a weapon made by the engineers, why?
No it was not a weapon, just a possible by product of a half finished experiment.
And David kept experimenting with it.

That is the black goo ofcourse.

I love how all fucking plebs assume they are a bioweapon just because Idris Elba it as his 2 cents on what those things where. Wathever happened to people using their heads and connecting dots anyways.
>>
>>82691942
Watch prometheus first and then prepare to be dissapointed by how this movie literally trashes the only likeable character in the "prequel series"

Fucking dissapointing silly movie.
>>
>>82691478
they killed his creator so he killed creators of his creator
>>
File: 1474639505558.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474639505558.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
no matter what the origin reveal was these retards would complain about lore. the movie was great and you will never be able to change that fact.
>>
>>82684910
where did you get that idea
>>
>>82694996
>>82697127
he explains how he created it based on wasps you retards
>>
File: alien queen.jpg (68KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
alien queen.jpg
68KB, 650x365px
Alien Queen >>>> Drone/Warrior >>>> any other design >>>> shit from Prometheus/covenant
>>
>>82697154
what am I supposed to see? same actor, similar looking guy? am I supposed to know him?
It's the guy from aliens yes.
>>
>>82702920
Is Prometheus making Aliens and sequels not canon?
>>
>>82684910
What the fuck are you going on about? David just improved on the black goo. We've only ever seen human incubated aliens until Prometheus.
>>
>>82684910
It was always designed to be a bioweapon/mechanical styled creature, right from the original conception art by Giger.

Also humans didn't make it, the Xeno has a long history of evolution far before we even existed through the Engineers.

Hell for all we know the engineers might not have actually even created the black goo, maybe it's something THEY found.
>>
>>82685236
Yup, that's right.
>>
>>82687122
>alien hasn't aged well
>aliens still holds up today
Nigga, Aliens has aged horribly, the special effects and sets look worse than Alien even though it had twice the budget and the dialogue is shlocky as fuck, although admittedly fun.
>>
File: 1456993799233.jpg (110KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456993799233.jpg
110KB, 400x400px
Is there a place I can stream Covenant online yet?
>>
File: 1482117631958.png (247KB, 432x313px) Image search: [Google]
1482117631958.png
247KB, 432x313px
>>82701216
>how this movie literally trashes the only likeable character in the "prequel series"
But David has a great arc in this.
>>
File: 1488475877025.png (621KB, 381x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488475877025.png
621KB, 381x1080px
>>82703684
Of course!
This is biggest FUCK YOU to James Cameron's work.
Ridley is an absolute madman.
>>
>>82694770
Since Ridley made a scene where two identical android kiss each other, can we finally have Giger's scene of this lipfu Xeno kissing a victim whilst killing them with its tongue already?
>>
>>82704408
where?
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.