[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 episodes in >nothing happens >1 was wholly wasted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: fargo-fx-tv-series-poster.jpg (125KB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
fargo-fx-tv-series-poster.jpg
125KB, 710x400px
>4 episodes in
>nothing happens
>1 was wholly wasted on a backstory

What went wrong?
>>
It seems you're suffering from a bad case of being a fucking pleb
>>
>>82684330
ewwww kid you are the pleb here

instantly pulling that card is a sign of pleb
>>
>>82684177
>What went wrong?
Your mother's abortion apparently
>>
>>82684177
>dude nothing happens lmao
Terrible criticism, try again.
>>
I can help!
>>
why can't she activate automatic things? aliens?
>>
>>82684437
>Terrible criticism, try again.

What is terrible about crticizing a series for its pacing you moron? They literally spent a fucking whole episode on the backstory of a character.
>>
File: Dh5w_sUjYLbDoKSR_7MKmORZfyE=.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dh5w_sUjYLbDoKSR_7MKmORZfyE=.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>82684477
Sold her soul.

On a serious note, her technophobia is clearly going to give her an edge against Varga.
>>
good. I am tired of le edgy killing lmao.
>>
OP I think Transformers by Micheal Bay might be something you'd be into.
>>
Episode 4 was really good. Episode 1 & 2 were just alright and 3 was trash.

Inb4 Fargo and Hawley asslickers call me a pleb.
>>
>>82684532
The running theme of this season is that everything has been a total fuck up. Nothing has gone as planned and trying to make sense of it just makes it worse.

This will continue until the last 15 minutes of the finale, and even then it probably won't tie absolutely everything up in a nice little package for you, you're going to have to do some critical thinking.

If you're not prepared for that experience, best tune into CW now.
>>
>>82684177
>3 seasons in*
ftfy
>>
File: 1494529657974.png (791KB, 1280x634px) Image search: [Google]
1494529657974.png
791KB, 1280x634px
I really enjoyed the last episode and I feel like it's only going to get better
>>
>>82684685
>Hawley asslickers
can you please cool it with the anti-semitic remarks?
>>
3 > 4 > 2 > 1
>>
>>82684177
I like Fargo but genuine Coen's do it better.
>>
why does that guy vomit after eating?
>>
>>82684177

Fargo is the literal definition of insincerity. Noah Hawley fills the show with quirk and allusions but none of it means anything, it's all just in service of itself rather than aiming for any greater truth. A show like the Leftovers is weird because it grapples with the profound, a show like Twin Peaks is weird because David Lynch has a singular and compelling vision. Fargo is 'quirky' because Noah Hawley tries to insert 'quirky' elements, and that is all Fargo is; a series of disconnected, occasionally visually arresting, elements that add up to pretty much nothing.

The reason that this season seems like a step down is that at least previous seasons had well cast characters with the occasional decent scene. All this season has is Ewan McGregor hamming it up and Carrie Coon being woefully miscast. However this is mostly beside the point, Fargo was never 'good', it just tricked you into thinking it was and now we are seeing behind the curtain.
>>
>>82685233
Bulimia
>>
>>82684923
>The running theme of this season is that everything has been a total fuck up.

It is not. It is all about technology and how sneaky it can be on the hands of humans. The robot story on the 3rd episode was a clear allusion and pay attention to how Gloria interacts with sensors and how Varga conquers Stussy's operation by using it. Even Hawley told Varga is an embodiment of cyber attacks going on all around the internet.

Gloria's indifference to technology will help her get Varga. Varga is not different from the humans who wounded the robot from third episode.

Don't forget the communication tirade from season 2. This season will be about techno stuff and international crime but main characters are so bad I can't focus. Only merit is Thewlis. Rest are all so mediocre.
>>
>>82685233
he's a glutton who isn't fat.

like a rich man riding coach and wearing $200 suits
>>
>people shit on 13 reasons why because first episode nothing really happens in it

>guy complains about 4 hours wasted of his life
>DUDE PLEB LMAO

Who's in the wrong here /tv/?
>>
b-but it's kino, anon
>>
>>82685233

Op here.

He told Stussy to be rich but look poor. So since being fat was considered as being wealthy historically, he eats like a rich man but doesn't gain weigh so he can look skinny.

Also in the story that was mentioned in the beginning, wolf eats duck but devours him.

But I still can't get what purpose does Varga have in the plot so far or how a parking lot king who cucked his own brother to seize their fortune be so stupid to take a million dollar from people they don't even know. It is a bigger mystery to me lol.
>>
3 was the only worthwhile episode in the season so far. The rest is Fargo 4, playing out exactly as you know it should.

The interesting thing though is how close Gloria is to figuring it out just by episode 5. It has potential to really go somewhere new in the five episodes after
>>
Want to see more of Ivan and Jackie Chan.
>>
>>82685520
>It has potential to really go somewhere new in the five episodes after

The scene where Varga ask if Mew can be a problem for them made me think she will do some big stuff. She is possibly the Hanzee of this season.
>>
>>82685419

>But I still can't get what purpose does Varga have in the plot so far or how a parking lot king who cucked his own brother to seize their fortune be so stupid to take a million dollar from people they don't even know.

I think it goes back to Varga's monologue about money not being wealth. It's the illusion of success that drove the Parking Lot brother to take out such a big loan. It's like when people buy a house they can't really afford just so they can feel like a winner.
>>
>>82685419
>or how a parking lot king who cucked his own brother to seize their fortune be so stupid to take a million dollar from people they don't even know
Both show how he jumps at short-term gains without thinking about long-term consequences. Either that, or he's just an idiot who had one dumb bit of luck.
>>
varga is the malvo of the season
Emmit is lester
asian guy is hanzee
russian guy is (plot twist) lou
gloria is molly but then becomes dodd
Ray is also Hanzee
>>
>>82685585
I meant it could do things that aren't specific recreations of the film or season 1
>>
>>82685682
>varga is the malvo of the season

Pleb mong detected.

Varga is Milligan after facial surgery. Because of lactose intolerance he always pukes.
>>
>>82684177
Yeah it's kinda overrated by the internet neckbeards. I mean like it isn't bad but there are definitely better shows to watch
>>
>>82685731

It actually happened that way before, too.

>season 1 : Hess murder and Fargo crime syndicate
>Mob dies mid season
>ends up against a feud between Malno and Lester

>season 2: Rye going after a judge for a business
>ends up in a massacre involving a crime family, Kansas mafia, law enforcement and a young married couple
>>
>>82684177

Ray looks so much better without the moustache
>>
>>82685746
Any recommendations my dude? I've been looking for a good show to watch lately but haven't found any
>>
>>82685879

Not him but I enjoyed the shit out of American Crime Story. Except for Cuba Gooding it was perfect.
>>
>>82685879
The Handmaid's Tale
>>
It's not that nothing happens, it's that nothing particulary memorable happens.
I like the slow buildup, I liked that they had cop woman investigating a bad lead(interesting break from earlier seasons), all good in concept but bad in execution. Up until episode 4 it was just things happening on screen, with creators wanking themselves off.
At least the cast is great.
>>
>>82685809
I guess that's true, but in all three previous versions the police are very slow to actually catch on, and usually only do so after the worst of the crimes are committed (woodchipper, second wife killed, gang massacre). Here Gloria has the connection between the dead man, the junkie and the Stussys. All she needs is something to concretely tie Ray to the crime and she can close her case. Obviously the Varga thing is different but it still seems like the plot is moving much faster than it usually does

I also think they hit the emotional beats saved for the end of the story in episode 3. Her stepdad is the wimpy guy who falls into crime and destroys his life and others, she's the cop who can only shake her head after the fact and ask why this has to happen. Getting that out of the way now in a fresh context further opens up the show to do something new in it's finale
>>
>>82684177

The music-based intro was kinographiè, you pleb.
>>
>>82686185

I think the narrator was Billy Bob Thornton but I'm not sure

I also don't really get how the music/animals fit into the story. t kind of went over my head, a little
>>
>>82684177
These series is a pleb filter and you didn't make it
>>
>>82685040
Sy is fucking hilarious
>>
>>82686450
For about three seconds, I thought he might be the level-headed straight man desperately trying to contain the fallout from Emmit's tomfoolery.
>>
>>82685520
>>The interesting thing though is how close Gloria is to figuring it out just by episode 5. It has potential to really go somewhere new in the five episodes after

This is the case in the other series too though. Every one has made me think about halfway through "what can happen now?". Then it all goes crazy in a good way.
>>
File: lou.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lou.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>82685682
>meemo is hanzee
>yuri is lou
>ray is hanzee

what the fuck are you saying. stop trying to equate characters that are nothing alike. the only thing malvo and hanzee shared was they were extremely good killers and were the final villains of the season, and the only thing varga shares with them is he is the villain this season. nothing else

lou could not be more different from any character this season if he tried
>>
>>82685365
The retard watching 13 reasons.
>>
File: IMG_0315.jpg (222KB, 1408x1853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.jpg
222KB, 1408x1853px
>>82684923
>this show is just too smart for you
>>
>>82686499
If anything he's the one causing the majority of tomfoolery.
>>
>>82686185
I love Peter and the Wolf. I remember listening to it quite a bit when I was a kid. The intro brought back memories of the house I grew up in, the metallic smell of cassette tapes, the satisfying click of turning on the cassette player, etc.
>>
>>82686525
Lou is the best hero I've seen in any form of media in a long time.
>>
>>82686625
"Am I the only one here who is clear on the concept of law enforcement" is probably my favorite line from the series.
>>
File: pzlo235tygvy.png (123KB, 570x354px) Image search: [Google]
pzlo235tygvy.png
123KB, 570x354px
Damn...
>>
>>82686525
>>82686625
>>82686710
he's a completely static character that has zero arc in season 2
>>
>>82686822
Did you miss the entire end monologue he does?
>>
>>82686844
he was already that character at the start of the season
>>
Loving this series.
The only objective ranking goes:

S02>>S03>S01
>>
>>82686985

>Season 1 is usually most people's least favorite

For a series premiere it was pretty good, but season 2 really surprised me. This one is...kind of odd. The tone feels a lot different. It doesn't feel as lighthearted or as cartoony. It just feels dark.
>>
>>82686621

Exactly.
>>
>>82687150
>It doesn't feel as lighthearted or as cartoony. It just feels dark.

Nigga how is this darker than Season 2? There's a lot more comedy if anything.
>>
>>82684177
I've never even seen the show, and four episodes in and already there's a whole story dedicated to backstory? That sounds pretty great to me.
>>
>>82687283
season 2 had the blomquists being quirky, sonny and the lawyer, dodd and hanzee at the beginning (remember the whole ears cut off guy), "youre a shit cop, you know that?" not to mention the whole exchange in the butcher shop where they all kept saying okay then

it was definitely more lighthearted at the beginning. this season i struggle to think of very many lighthearted moments. its been pretty bleak and more than anything you feel uneasy because you dont know what the fuck is going on
>>
>>82687467
Well, I disagree. Anyway, all the stuff with Sy has been funny, as well as a bunch of little jokes, like Emmit hiding behind a glass wall.
>>
>>82685809
>season 2: Rye going after a judge for a business
>ends up in a massacre involving a crime family, Kansas mafia, law enforcement and a young married couple
That happened after literally the first episode.
>>
I'm only watching because of Sy. Everything else especially the whole ham fisted OMG COP LADY IS INVISIBLE TO TECHNOLOGY bit is getting really fucking tiresome.
>>
File: blomquists.jpg (89KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
blomquists.jpg
89KB, 1024x512px
the ending to episode 4 was the best in the entire series, topped only by season 2 episode 8
>>
>>82686450
Based Rothstein
>>
>>82685814
everyone does
>>
>>82688471
>season 2 episode 8

the drumline riff at the end was fucking delicious
>>
>>82688471
it wasn't even good
>>
>>82685814
The makeup impresses me a lot, how even with the shaved moustache and wig Ray still looks really distinct from Emmit.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.