[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I'm interested in watching Penny Dreadful, but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Penny_Dreadful_title_card.jpg (3KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
Penny_Dreadful_title_card.jpg
3KB, 250x141px
Hello. I'm interested in watching Penny Dreadful, but I can't actually figure out how the show would work. Is there a new story every episode based on popular fiction characters? From research I can see that many of the characters are original to the show, such as Eva Green's, but how do the famous characters like Dorian Gray and Frankenstein's monster work?
>>
>>82682156
Do more research. Renew your inquiries through more venues.
Meanwhile, make sure to avoid actually watching an episode.
>>
>>82682156
It's just basically a re-take on classic gothic characters while adding original characters to the story.
>>
>>82682342
So it's basically its own show with it's own plot running through it with the addition of famous characters? The reason I ask is because I don't get how the two would work. Like, does Dorian Gray just appear? That'd mean he'd change the story based on his own plot that we all know. Then the next episode goes back to normal?
>>
I heard that Eva Green does not get naked in the series. it does not worth it
>>
>>82682231
fpbp
>>
>>82682156

It sucks. Watch Ripper street if you want something episodic in the same time period.
>>
>>82682436
yes

hes just a rich dude that starts interacting with the main cast and other side characters

like a more "realistic" vision of those famous characters all living in London + some Americans
>>
>>82682156
This show is
>"okay, wouldn't it be cool if"
>"Yeah, and the this other very cool happens"
>"Awesome! And then this twist"

Every time, every episode, carried out in the worst possible way. I'm having trouble finishing season 2. The only thing I have no complaints about is Eva Green. None whatsoever. Superb actress, superb acting (ranging from lovable to creepy just slightly moving her head), superb character.

But jesus fucking christ am I pissed at the fucking Creature and his constant unendingly faggy whining.
>>
>>82682436
Yea, basically.
It's just Eva green and the rest of characters having to go solve X and while that happens there is interaction of Gothic characters like Dorian.

Also pointless subplots that don't go anywhere.
>>
File: 1483641082969.jpg (2MB, 4724x3116px) Image search: [Google]
1483641082969.jpg
2MB, 4724x3116px
>>82683009
Well I'm probably going to give it a go because I've heard good things about it and no tv show is every without its bad points. Also, I would mainly be watching it FOR Eva Green. I have a bit of a thing for her after watching Kingdom of Heaven.
>>
>>82683141
>Also pointless subplots that don't go anywhere.
70% of every episode.
>Caliban/Creature "make me a gf"
>Lily killing out of some feministic revenge shit
>Dorian being smug ALL THE TIME and bearing ABOSLUTELY NO WEIGHT on the overarching plot of the season
>Sembene, poor lad. What a shame the writers couldn't romanticize him.
>Sir Malcolm and the Romantic Plot Tumor
Nothing gets a payoff. Nothing.
>>
>>82683165
>no tv show is every without its bad points
What.

Well, it depends on what side of Eva Green you want to see. if you're looking for that very violently and openly sexual aura, you won't find it here. But she's a magnificent actress. She has tirade of about four minutes in episode 4-ish that left me absolutely struck. I hadn't seen an actor do anything like that in a long time.

Again, the first season is pretty good altogether. But the little narrative ticks are much more noticeable in season two. But that's my opinion. Maybe you love the shit out of it.

I don't think I'lll be watching season 3, though.
>>
As someone who watched the entire thing, it is ultimately a waste of time.

Were you disappointed at the end of Lost? This is worse.
>>
>>82683977
>>82683977
The end of lost was alright. Probably because along the line I got invested with the characters. With this I don't think I'll have time.

Is annybody else grow weary of some character's accents? I fucking hate that aggresive whining and beta cuckolding of Caliban/The Creechah/Victor's original experiment.

What the fuck happens to him in the end? Does he remain a whimpering lump of corpses?
>>
>>82684115
If you really want to know;

In the third an final season he remembers parts of his past. He had a wife and sone, and also knew Vanessa when she was in an asylum (he worked there).

He goes to find his wife and tell her what happened. She believes him and accepts him back. His son is sick though and ultimatly dies. His wife asks him to bring to boy to Dr. Frankenstein or she can't look at him again. He refuses and leaves.

There's more, but it spoils what happens to the other characters, and I don't particularly feel like typing it.
>>
>>82684363
*son
>>
>>82684363
PFffffffffffffffff... Couldn't he have done it before THEN ask for a girlfriend?

The writing is general shitty, IMO
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.