[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NETFLIX ORIGINAL SHOW THREAD So I've been watching Love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: love.jpg (262KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
262KB, 1280x720px
NETFLIX ORIGINAL SHOW THREAD

So I've been watching Love on Netflix and honestly the sheer amount of Uber mentions in this show is ridiculous. From Britta having an entire conversation with her dad about how his startup idea is literally Uber, to EVERY TIME a character has to travel and doesn't have their car (which happens more times than you'd think) they say "oh I'll get an Uber" instead of a cab.

It really ruins the suspension of disbelief, and it got me thinking: This show is LASER targeted to 20-30 somethings who are "lost". Netflix has been pushing a lot of original content lately, some good some bad, but all of it just seems puts it's audience in a box.

Take The Ranch for example. It's a shitty sitcom about a farm family that full of uninspired gags (to a west coast city dweller at least) and lazy jokes about left leaning politics and what not. It's clear who the demographic for that show is.

Is there any sort of original Netflix content that isn't this transparent?
Also funny how Netflix got rid of objective ratings in favor of a biased recommendation algorithm just as they're pushing a shit ton of cookie cutter shows.

What do y'all think?
>>
>>82678485
They gotta fund their shows somehow. And folks in LA love UBER, it's incredibly cheap there.
>>
>>82678485
Yes, Buddy Thunderstruck. I fucking stupid great.
>>
Of course they do extensive market research and tailor everything to viewer groups
>>
Stop watching kikeflix op
Nothing but a propaganda machine.
>>
>>82678501
Yeah it's too bad that it kind of takes the show down a notch. The whole "artistic integrity vs money" is an argument that has been had plenty of times so mmmmmmmmmmmmeh
>>
I live in AZ and I use Uber at least once a week. Usually more. Haven't taken a cab since I found out about them.
The only transarent thing here is the narrative that you WANT things to follow.
>>
>>82678485
>Is there any sort of original Netflix content that isn't this transparent?
Don't expect it any time soon. George Soros heavily invested in Netflix a year ago and this is the shit to expect now.

>>82678583
Tell me that guy's head is shopped. It's like Phinea's levels silly
>>
All Netflix Originals are garbage. You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>82678583
Gooey Goddamn, look at that nose and posture.
>>
I'm unsubbing. I'm getting tired of all the fucking netflix originals coming out every week. Most of it is garbage. I know those fucking jews are wasting their money making "originals" when they should spend more of my money on rights to some decent fucking shows.

I'd trade all these garbage originals for more streaming cbs shows.
>>
All I know is Bloodline is out soon. Really the only Netflix show that deserves any mention.
>>
>>82678677
For real though the male lead is a caricature of the "nice guy" stereotype. The show really bluntly shows how that shit doesn't play in real life, and the characters feel REAL which is noice.
>>82678689
I can't prove you wrong when debating a subjective topic ya dingus.
>>
>>82678485
>thinking that the suspension of disbelief is a real thing
>>
>>82678920
Okay, but my point still stands about how shit like that ruins the media that it saturates.
soooo
okay?
>>
>>82678677
>>82678707
I wonder if lifting could help balance him out
>>
>>82678723
I agree with this, I tried keeping up with them so just went all out watching Love, Master of None, all the comedy specials and just felt exhausted and couldn't do it any more. We really don't need 1000 hours of content a year and its all like 7/10 level stuff.

>>82678809
I have to admit I am hyped for more Kimmy Schmidt although I hated most of the last season, I really just like the idea of it because I had a similar life to her.
>>
>>82678809
good to know theres one other patrician out there anon
>>
>>82679129
I kinda love Kimmy so fucking ridiculously bubblegum and whimsical. It's a bit much sometimes but the gags are clever enough to keep me interested.
>>
>>82679129
You were captured by a cult leader and raped for 10 years?
>>
>>82678485

I liked this show
I found that some interactions felt believable and were well observed
>>
>>82679129
>We really don't need 1000 hours of content a year and its all like 7/10 level stuff.
This. The Netflix mentality is clearly quantity over quality. When they started making original shows in earnest in 2012-13 they seemed to have a prety solid roster, but in the past few years they just shit out a new show, standup, licensed film or documentary every 5 days and almost none of it is worth watching

Here's hoping Amazon realizes that only offering your own content kills a huge market for licensed material and focuses on both in the future
>>
Series of unfortunate events was top
>>
I started watching Flaked.
That's pretty good.
>>
>>82678485
I stopped watch Love after the scene where the jew who just so happens to also write the show got blown by some girl who was out of his league. The show is pretty cringe.

But I really liked Master of None and Flaked was decent.
>>
Love did a horrible job of trying to get me to care about LA Hipster problems.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.