[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jessica Atreides is supposed to be a tall, imposing, nea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: dune3[1].jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dune3[1].jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>Jessica Atreides is supposed to be a tall, imposing, nearly android-like Amazon. A Benet Gesserit genetic terror, and a killer. She is the last generation before the god damned Kwisatz Haderach. Every on-screen depiction of her so far has been terrible.

Found on 4plebs.org/tv/ when I was looking at Daddario threads

But is this accurate?
>>
>>82657428
I dont ever remember her describes as tall and imposing. A bene gesserit doesn't need to rely on physical intimidation.
>>
>>82657428
She was hot in that movie so fuck you.
>>
File: 1493857842901.jpg (87KB, 553x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493857842901.jpg
87KB, 553x640px
>the true red pill is all dune adaptations are good in their own way
>>
Was that a wig?
>>
>no super long game of thrones level dune series with 2 seasons for the first book and one for each book after it all the way to chapterhouse.

I know its impossible to capture the exact same feeling of the book but it as a series is doable. Especially if it gets popular. Imagine normies reaction to pauls death.
>>
>>82657714
We don't need a series, we need audiences that don't bitch when a movie is longer than 90 minutes.
>>
>>82657428

>you'll never get to spit on his mum
>>
>>82657478
>The hall door opened and his mother peered in, hair like shaded bronze held with a black ribbon at the crown, her oval face emotionless and green eyes staring solemnly.

>He studied the tallness of her,

>The door flew open and Jessica stood there staring hard-eyed into the room. Hardness melted from her as she saw Paul. She managed a faint smile.

Under the pressure of his stare, she turned half away, exposing her profile. And he realized there was no single and precise thing that brought her beauty to focus. The face was oval under a cap of hair the color of polished bronze. Her eyes were set wide, as green and clear as the morning skies of Caladan. The nose was small, the mouth wide and generous. Her figure was good but scant: tall and with its curves gone to slimness.

>He remembered that the lay sisters at the school had called her skinny, so his buyers had told him. But that description oversimplified. She had brought a regal beauty back into the Atreides line. He was glad that Paul favored her.

Descriptions of Jessica found in the early chapters of Dune. Further on in the books Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam talks about Jessica in a long passage and says in as many words she is a super woman, the peak of human potential before the Messiah.
>>
>>82657781
Have you been to the movies in the last decade? Even banal shit like superhero movies or fucking comedy are longer then 2 hours. Movies seem to seldom last less then 2 hours these days.
>>
>>82657844
She's pretty dang attractive in the movie, and the coloring isn't too far off.
>>
>>82657428
This could have been a goa'uld thread.
>>
>>82657428
>you are now aware that Dune is essential mommy-core viewing

It's literally about a little boy and his mom going on a grand adventure together.
>>
>>82658037
>"Is he not small for his age, Jessica?" the old woman asked. Her voice wheezed and twanged like an untuned baliset.
>Paul's mother answered in her soft contralto: "The Atreides are known to start late getting their growth, Your Reverence."
>"So I've heard, so I've heard," wheezed the old woman. "Yet he's already fifteen."
>>
File: dunefancast.jpg (239KB, 1506x1188px) Image search: [Google]
dunefancast.jpg
239KB, 1506x1188px
Taking suggestions
>>
>>82657857
This. I wish we could go back to solid 90 minute movies.
>>
>>82657428
>imposing
>android-like
>terror

>>82657844
Fuck off, she's just tall and skinny.
>>
>>82658348
change paul to literally anyone else. Seeing him in anything after Game of Thrones would be obnoxious, and casting directors take that into effect
>>
>>82657781
For a work like Dune, I'm down for 3 hrs. As long as it gets the story right. Otherwise I'll be siting there, fuming over what's happening.

Also it seems most movies are over 2 hrs. Only comedies last about 90 minutes, as they should.
>>
>>82658415
>Seeing him in anything after Game of Thrones would be obnoxious

Thats kind of a bizarre objection. Youre saying nobody in the Game of Thrones cast can be cast in anything else? Uh... k. X-men and star wars didnt get the memo I guess
>>
Dune is just a rip off of 40k. God Emperor? LOL. Surprised they've not been sued.
>>
>>82658348
I'd like a nobody for Paul. And the guy from In Bruges isn't too bad for Baron. But I'm thinking there's someone better.

Princess Irulan is perfect. She may be too old for the part but her beauty is fucking spot on.
>>
>>82658470
Well GoT is just a fantasy rip off of Dune. It would sort of be like casting Sean Bean as Leto. Would be more of a "been there, done that".
>>
>>82658470
>>82658492
I guess they mean Bran is kind of the Paul of game of thrones so its a bit too similar, but on the other hand he's probably the least well known of the cast so i dont see a problem with it.
It'd be an entirely different story if we were talking about casting jon snow for paul or dany for irulan or something.
>>
>>82658482

You.... do realize God Emperor of Dune came out in 1981 and W40k started in 1987 right?
>>
>>82658551
Also the actor playing Bran is too frail.
And I'm sure he can work out but his face just isn't Paul imo.
Again I'd say go for a total unknown who can act.
>>
>>82658608
Paul is supposed to be physically unintimidating.
>>
>>82658348
More regal and striking for Jessica.
>>
>mfw Dune Autism
>>
>>82658348
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/04/21/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-zoe-saldana-wants-to-be-in-denis-villeneuves-dune
>>
daily reminder the Harkonnens did nothing wrong
>>
>>82658664
Zoe saldana can play a random servant.
>>
File: devil 2.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
devil 2.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>82658568
You fell into my trap! I am well aware! I do this in every Dune thread I see! Mwhahaha!

*flies away*
>>
>>82658650
But not some spineless loser. He has to turn into the kwisatz haderach eventually, so having some guy who will look like a weird faces goober is not ideal.
>>
>>82658348
>>
>>82658701

you do realize that he was meant to be a girl and marry feyd and their offspring would be the kwisatz haderach
>>
>>82658701
Agree to disagree then, I think he fits the physical description of paul in book 1 pretty well, down to the atreides nose shape
Theyre probably not going to turn it into a multi-film franchise, that doesnt seem like Villeneuve's style
>>82658721
Too old now
>>
>>82657428
That's because no flesh-and-blood performer can live up to your wank fantasies, ya shitter.
>>
>>82658388
Those are only selected passages. Jessica is a Bene Gesserit, and one of the highest ranking members of the order. That alone means she is a cold, calculating figure, and has been trained to manipulate and kill as needed. It's a recurring plot point in Dune that she lets her emotions get away from here when she has the informed attributes of being unemotional most of the time. She's android-like in the way that she has been genetically engineered by the Bene Gesserit over millennia of breeding programs to produce a super-intelligent, super athletic human with a myriad of powers.

She can shut down any part of her body at will. Enter a coma, commit suicide, or even bring the aging process to a near-halt. She can choose whether or not to become pregnant, and can hold a fetus in stasis within her body for as long as she chooses. She can go without food or water for much, much longer than a normal human, and is also far stronger physically for her size.

Jessica teaches some of this stuff to the Fremen and that's one of the reasons they are able to defeat the Harkonnens and take over Dune.
>>
>>82658348
i think martin csokas would be perfect for the duke

he has the more severe features i.e. that brow

also naomi scott for chani please
>>
>>82658826
Oh, also forgot she can control people with her voice.
>>
>>82658518
Sean Bean is different, the dudes a meme and if he were cast it would just be another 'lol sean bean dies in every movie' role
>>
>>82658826

she is not high ranking, she was sold off to Leto when she was like 14
>>
>>82658831
>naomi scott
Thanks for this suggestion, I honestly just googled "teenage middle eastern actress' and found the first image that looked remotely like how I imagined chani because I cant name any
>>
>>82658917
lol actually read the books instead of skimming the wiki

I'll give you a freebie and tell you she was not "sold" at all, she was exactly where the Bene Gesserit wanted her to be.
>>
>>82658958
Chani doesn't need to be middle eastern tho. The Fremen are not arabs.
>>
File: 1468050913063[1].jpg (18KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
1468050913063[1].jpg
18KB, 236x353px
>>82658348
Jessica
>>
>>82658994
Arent they supposed to represent the middle east though...
>>
>>82658964

I have read the books and I know of ~the plan~. Try reading them yourself and realizing that the Bene Gesserit basically considered her a traitor after she disobeyed them and birthed Paul.

She had high ability, but she was not high ranking in the order in any way.
>>
>>82658826
Fucking hell, this IS a wank fantasy. How do you zeroes like such adolescent drivel? No worthwhile movie could ever be made from such material.
>>
>>82658348
That's a much better choice for Paul than Logan Lerman or Asa Butterface tbf
>>
>>82659036
Sort of, but not really. But sort of. But I can't recall any passage which refers to Chani in a way that suggests brown skin or eyes. All I know is she is super skinny and has bright blue eyes. It is emphasized several times Chani is a wisp of a woman.
>>
>>82659093
They have supernaturally blue eyes, its not indicative of their race. Dune is analogous to the middle east and the spice to oil
>>
>>82659056
She birthed Paul after she was "sold" to the Duke, dummy. And she was never considered a traitor, just an unruly member. She was too high up in the order for them to oppose her that directly. She had her own weight to throw around, and it would have been hard for Helen Mohiam to outright kill her without making a big risk for herself. And she didn't want to anyway because Paul was very interesting.

The Bene Gesserit were not just about to throw away thousands of years of breeding programs when Paul was born, and Jessica was in charge of his upbringing. She was pretty much the most important Bene Gesserit in the universe at that point, just not one with the grand titles yet.
>>
>>82659128
>Dune is analogous to the middle east and the spice to oil

Way too simplistic interpretation, anon. You're looking at the window dressing.
>>
>>82659071
Well, yeah pretty much. But keep in mind when this was written this kind of stuff wasn't so cliché yet.
>>
>>82657844
Why even try to greentext multiple paragraphs when you can't? Just use quotation marks if you refuse to proofreed your own posts.
>>
>>82659209
>The Bene Gesserit were not just about to throw away thousands of years of breeding programs when Paul was born, and Jessica was in charge of his upbringing. She was pretty much the most important Bene Gesserit in the universe at that point, just not one with the grand titles yet.
Yep. Her chld was going to be the Kwizatch Hadarach (holy shit did I spell that right?)

Her child was supposed to be a girl and made preggers by Feyd if memory serves.
>>
>>82660310
She was supposed to be the grandmother to the Kwisatz Haderach. Girl-Paul's child was to be the chosen one. But Jessica chose different.

And it is inaccurate to say she "rebelled" against the Bene Gesserit because she's one of them so she gets to have a say in this decision.
>>
>>82660310
>>82661283
fag
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.