[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a treatment for my screenplay idea today. Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0200.jpg (40KB, 900x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.jpg
40KB, 900x451px
I'm writing a treatment for my screenplay idea today.

Does anyone have any experience with writing screenplays? I feel kind of clueless. Any advice or tips?
>>
just remember to be loyle to your capo and get the drip on your enemies
>>
>>82644814
O-okay thanks anon
>>
>>82644769
Check the FMG thread and joing the skype for feedback
>>
>>82644814
Pretty much this. I can't overstate how important this is.
>>
>>82645515
Thanks. What's the skype?
>>
>>82645745
Check the thread in the catalog.
>>
Try not to write horse cock
>>
use strong verbs, avoid adverbs if you can. a thesaurus can help, but don't try and use fancy words, be effective when describing action try and write down the page, avoid clumping up action into large paragraphs. don't neglect sound. obviously, don't write anything the camera cannot show, it isn't a novel.

try and introduce the central characters and conflict within the first 20 pages if it's feature length. try not to put too many camera movements or direction in the script unless you also plan to direct the film, and always remember to ebe loyle to your capo
>>
>>82646015
I highly appreciate that anon, good shit. I haven't been on /tv/ in a while, someone explain the loyle to your capo meme pls
>>
File: 1376415333390.jpg (188KB, 910x920px) Image search: [Google]
1376415333390.jpg
188KB, 910x920px
>>82646340
it's from the sopranos. it also illustrates a common mistake which is describing characters by their attractiveness (i.e. "Beautiful girl")

typically, you reveal a character by first stating their name in all caps, and then their age followed by objective appearance (hair color/length, facial hair, clothes, weight perhaps).

you can call them "handsome" or "beautiful" for comedic effect or if it's really important to the story for some reason, but I was always taught not to. importance to the story usually trumps correct form, but correct form is what sells screenplays.
>>
>>82646867
Good to know. Caling your character attractive just seems like bad writing anyway.
>>
>>82647106
it is. my best advice would probably be to just read other screenplays. you get a good sense of the form and also the creative quirks that different writers have. the internet movie script database is a decent resource, and if you attend college that has a film/media department the library might have scripts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.