[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did they bring the random conspiracy theorist with no dinosaur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1356x728px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1356x728px
why did they bring the random conspiracy theorist with no dinosaur experience again?

btw jurassic park is the best movie ever made
>>
>>82643988
I assume they brought him because that's the only character he can do, but he does it quite well.
>>
Same reason Bill Nye gets to do stuff
>>
>>82643988
>dinosaur experience
how was anyone supposed to have this
>>
>>82643988

They flat out explain it in the movie.

It was because he was a celebrity and his seal of approval would win over the more lowbrow members of the Board of Directors, while Dr. Grant's would satisfy the academic members.
>>
>>82644219
archaelogists are basically dinosaurs reda the book
>>
this film had a lot of dumb, nonsensical shit that even goes beyond what Cinemasins said, rewatched it again and if it wasn't the cgi dinos that still hold up today id think it's a piece of shit
>>
The 90s chaos theory meme
>>
>>82643988
He worked on the park as well, he was calculating propability of shit hitting the fan with introducing new organisms to ecosystem
>>
>>82644249
that still makes no sense. they only made him chaos theory guy for suspense and premeditate shit hitting the fan.
>>
He knew all about frogs turning gay. Had they listened to Malcolm, they'd know the male dinosaurs would start to bang each other and reproduce.
>>
>>82644368
Was he the first redpilled scientist in Hollywood?
>>
>>82644368
>when alex jones was a man calling frogs fags two decades too late
>>
>>82643988

The investors sent him, along with the banker.

Hammond hates him and would never have brought him himself.
>>
btw ian malcolm is a creationist

the right way of thinking
>>
>>82644538
He isnt, hes Darwins fanboy
>>
>>82644565
>implying evolution isn't a part of gods plan
>>
>>82644368
>Had they listened to Malcolm, they'd know the male dinosaurs would start to bang each other and reproduce.
Did you even watch the film?
>>
>>82643988
the lawyer brought him to be a purposeful detractor who wouldnt be someone easily bewitched by the parks wonder. He's there to literally bring counter argument as to why the park would not be a good idea. it has to do with investors and money. when peoples money and lots of it are on the line then people want to be sure of every damn thing and need people to provide counter argument.

durrrr
>>
>>82643988

he's a Chaos Theorist not Conspiracy Theorist you dicksplash.
>>
>>82644618
this
>we've already got Ian Malcolm but they think he's too trendy

They need at least one (1) guy who wasnt for the park but it turns out everyone hated it as evident at the lunch table discussion
>>
>>82644705
DIFFERENCE BEING NONE
>>
Dramatic .... Pause
>>
man muldoon was the best i luuv muldoon unfortunately muldoon's greatness was cemented by his early death
>>
>>82644738
>>
>>82643988
JP and T2 certainly are amongst the greatest movies ever made. They're definitely like the best movies of their time for sure.
>>
>>82644275
Dude you are a total piece of shit as a person, no joke.
>>
>>82645024
JP2 couldve been great but it took the "the magic is gone time to get serious and sarcastic" route. Clearly JP2's tone is darker, which really offset it from the first one. I dont know how they could've made it better though
>>
>I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death
>>
>>82645094
>MUH CHILDHOOD DINOS
>>
>>82643988
He's Basil Exposition and this:>>82644618
>>
>>82644973
Great ass right here. Overlooked it slightly as a kid, but this is the first great ass shot I'd ever seen on film. Keyra Augustina made me into an assman in high school.
>>
>they should all be destroyed
>>
>>82645136
>>82644831
Roland and Muldoon were the best characters of both films. Its a shame the extended Roland scenes were cut from Lost World
>>
>>82645127
JP2 would have been fine if not for the gymnastics scene. I'm not usually a guy that says one thing ruins an entire piece but that was offensively retarded in my opinion.
>>
>>82643988
He was a fucking scientist you dumbass. He like made up chaos theory and shit. He was like a cool dude and wanted to see how the park would fuck up the world.
>>
The bigger question is why his character was in the second movie
>>
>>82645146
No it's more like muh good movie if anything. What the fuck are you, young?
>>
>>82645146
I hope you die with a nigger dick on your troat
>>
I wish they kept the boardroom scene in JP2, yeah its boring but it fits the tone of the film, and reaffirms the "real" damages from JP1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCA_iA8wqk
>>
>>82645257
Are they on youtube?
>>
>>82645460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdPiB1k7H6c
heres one. It really gives good backstory to Roland and his relationship with Ajay who doesnt really show up much in the final movie
>>
>>82645337
no im not young. the plot is just mostly stupid and nonsensical. to certify that a theme park/zoo is safe they invite a random chaos theorist and an archaeologist, two people with no knowledge of the technical aspects of running a theme park and a zoo and how to make it safe. the archaeologists just assume they're out of a job and the dinosaurs are a 100% true replication of the dinos from back then, kids are invited to the testing of a dino park, etc.
>>
>>82645590
*paleontologist
>>
>>82645569
I literally never knew Ajay was a Pajeet.
>>
>>82644614
Once after its 24 years since release, yeah.
>>
>>82645685
yeah i think he shows up in the background a few times, and then at the end when the trex is caught Roland is sad over Ajays death but for the longest time I had no idea who the hell he was
>>
>>82645590
I mean ok, that makes sense, everything you said makes sense but I don't know what you expect. The movie was still good as a movie.
>>
>>82645744
i guess im just an old man :(
>>
>>82645738
I knew he was in it, and I knew they were supposed to be close friends but I thought he was Italian or something just from him saying "Don't go in to the long grass". I suppose they wanted to keep Roland a bit mysterious.
>>
File: 71HZ53CQn-L.jpg (222KB, 956x1471px) Image search: [Google]
71HZ53CQn-L.jpg
222KB, 956x1471px
>>82644022
>>82643988
>>82644278
My favorite book, my favourite movie character.

Even I studied Maths (stochastic process) emulating Ian Malcolm. True story.
>>
>>82645925
fags
>>
jp best
>>
>>82645925
Nice work anon - good book as well
>>
File: Untitled.png (1008KB, 1080x704px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1008KB, 1080x704px
malcolm is such my hero. he always stood for everything. he would never let shit occur... no fucking manlet could tell him muldoon died for nothing
>>
>>82643988
He was brought by the lawyer and investors. They made it seem like he was a "pop scientist" like that Neil Tyson or Stephen Hawking
>>
>>82645423
They should have definitely kept that in. I guess they got rid of it because of pacing but it explains a bit better why they go back to the island.
>>
>>82647547
times change
>>
>>82643988
why did he start cackling like a lunatic when they told him they dug up dinosaurs? was he in the know about the park?
>>
>>82645094
>a total piece of shit as a person

For being insulting? Really?

A little extreme don't you think?
>>
>>82647600
yeah i am pretty sure it's movie canon. because hammond already hates him and he mentions telling them before their park is shit
>>
>>82647600
Any excuse to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clU0Sh9ngmY
>>
>>82643988
It's all explained in the movie. The family of the worker who died in the beginning is suing Hammond's company (InGen) for $20M, making the investors nervous about the stability of the park.
Gennaro (who represents the investors): "If two experts sign off on the island, the insurance
guys'll back off. I already got Ian Malcolm, but they think he's too trendy. They want Alan Grant." Keeping in mind that Grant is a renowned expert in his field.
So Hammond personally recruits Grant (and Ellie tags along) by offering to fund Grant's Montana dig site for another 3 years.
>>
>>82644328
>>82644249
the whole point is that the board was scared unpredictable shit was gonna go down because it had never been done before

so they bring a guys who expert field is make unpredictable shit like more predictable

and guess what, it does
>>
>>82648314

Best Answer.

They also call Ian Malcolm a "Rockstar" his fame is probably likened to Neil De Grasse Tyson or Bill Nye. Basically he's not actually the "best" in his field, but is incredibly well known. The publicity of him singing off on the park would be great. Still at his core he is a skeptical scientist and denounces the park because of how it is so designed to entertain and took no scientific method to ascertain new knowledge of what these creatures are.
>>
>I want to hunt a t-rex buck, how and why are my reasons.

Like, there are so few reasons in existence and once I discount revenge, it's pretty fucking obvious so I dunno why he was so secretive.
>>
>>82645327

Because he was popular. He dies in the first book, yet mysteriously reincarnates in the second with literally no explanation.
>>
>>82644258
>archaelogists are basically dinosaurs reda the book
>american education
>>
>>82644258
archaeologists don't study dinosaurs, faggot
>>
File: dino.jpg (93KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dino.jpg
93KB, 480x480px
Jurassic Park one: Whole plot was about restoring power
Jurassic Park two: Hammond ran everything on geothermal power that's why the fucking radio station in the middle of the abandoned island is still working
>>
>>82644455
This. He was essentially there for insurance purposes.
>>
>>82645284
I seem to remember the Asian guys screaming 'Godzilla' in the San Francisco scene. But that might've been a joke my brothers and I made in the theater.
>>
btw the gymnast scene was completely believable
>>
>>82650858
The power went out in JP1 because of a malicious computer virus planted by a corporate spy you absolute mong
>>
>>82647600
>Ah Rah-hahaha HA-HAA HA-HAA
>>
>>82651180
>implying the power didn't go out because they rebooted the system
>>
>>82651180
Not all the power went out, just the security, fences, and vehicle tracks. When they rebooted the system, THAT tripped every circuit in the park so they had to start them manually
pic related
>>
>>82647121
Pretty sure Ludlow blew him the fuck out in the conversation
>>
>>82643988
>best movie ever created
This is very true. OP was not a faggot today
>>
>>82644595
The redpill scientists don't want you to swallow
>>
File: 1476798413805.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476798413805.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
Too many people stop their thinking process at the impossible and stop considering the facts. They find a naked girl in a taxi and assume the cab driver raped her or they find a severed hand on a steering wheel of a boat with no dinosaurs on it and assume it's a plothole. They never allow themselves to consider the facts before them as they are and work from there.

The fact is, a severed hand and a dead crew was on the boat in Jurassic Park II. The only animal onboard when it crashed was a T-rex, sedated in the cargo hold. But, one clue is the body of a crewmember, holding the door button in his hand.

What it adds up to, I can't say. yet
>>
File: happy.jpg (1MB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
1MB, 2000x1414px
>>82651862
>>
>>82651330
if you think "winning" is "being a snarky piece of shit instead of standing up for what you believe in"
>>
>>82643988
>jurassic park is the best movie ever made
Agreed. Shame it didn't amount to be film.
>>
>>82643988
Bringing Malcolm makes a LOT more sense than bringing Grant, especially when you remember that Hammond is the antagonist of the story.

Grant was there because of Hammond's ego, he wanted an expert to marvel at his wonders. Malcolm was there to try and determine the probability of the park's systems failing, something Grant would know nothing about.
>>
>>82645925
That's pretty sad, tbhwy.

You could at least have emulated Spock or something. You chose and settled for limitation.
>>
File: spiral3.jpg (47KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
spiral3.jpg
47KB, 225x350px
>>82652993
>hammond
>nice old man who runs an amusement park
>antagonist

>nedry
>mean fat piece of shit who gets half the staff killed
>not the antagonist
>>
File: 1477155412377.gif (1MB, 480x290px) Image search: [Google]
1477155412377.gif
1MB, 480x290px
>>82643988
>Talking shit about based Malcolm

Shut your whore mouth. Malcolm is God and prime Goldbloom was his shining jew prophet.
>>
>>82643988
Man. Spielberg at his final peak. That shot alone is great.
I can't wait until it's time for a rewatch for me.
>>
if jp2 didn't have the retarded trex in san diego part, would it also be dinosaurkino?
>>
>>82653059
>He thinks the definition of antagonist is "mean person"

Who do you think hired Nedry, a man with known financial problems, in the first place? Hammond did.

All of the obstacles the protagonists had to face were a result of Hammond's decisions and actions. That literally makes him the antagonist of the story, even though he's a well meaning character.
>>
File: moth.jpg (20KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
moth.jpg
20KB, 564x423px
>>82653243
>remove the best part
>this will make it better somehow
>>
File: 1494136473679.png (326KB, 486x454px) Image search: [Google]
1494136473679.png
326KB, 486x454px
>>82652169
I'd like to take Asuka for a weekend at Jurassic Park. Nothing scary, just relaxing and fun. Open the sunroof in the Ford Explorers, kick off our shoes and sit back and relax while listening to the sounds of the tropical jungle.

We wouldn't be concerned about politics, finances, jobs, or other modern-day grievances. It would just be us, rolling down that track past miles of electric fence, enjoying life as it should be enjoyed.
>>
>>82653254
>Defending Dennis Nedry

Post your body weight, pal. Now.
>>
>>82653254
woops god created all humans so I guess that makes him the antagonist cause everything stemmed from there and don't even try saying he's not a character cause they mention him constantly so if you try saying he's not a character you'll be wrong so don't try because you'll be wrong and it'd be wrong too and it goes without saying god is a character in everything but in jurassic park it's explicit
>>
>>82653307
>enjoying life as it should be enjoyed.
Face it - you know nothing of life
>>
File: rei.jpg (175KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rei.jpg
175KB, 640x480px
>>82653307
why do you keep telling me this?

But anyway, I would go hiking with Asuka in the winding hills of Japan and she would sprain her ankle and I would have to give her a piggy back ride back down to the cabin. Slowly, she would slip down, from resting her hands on my shoulder and propping herself up, closer and closer, until she wrapped her arms around my chest and her red hair gently drapes around my head like a curtain, cutting off sight and sound from anything besides her soft breathing in my ear. Slowly, one of her soft hands would rise up and caress my cheek, before slowly guiding it to her waiting pillowy pink lip's embrace and kiss me sweetly.
>>
>>82653270
Idiot.

You probably also enjoyed Prometheus and John Wick
>>
>>82653318
When the fuck did I defend Nedry? He's a greasy piece of shit.
>>
>>82653390
do you want a loldozer to get rid of the lolzers you gave me at how amused I was your best argument is random assumptions about the movies I watch?

Pretty damn pathetic, as Asuka would say.
>>
File: 1491117365979.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1491117365979.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>Saw Jurassic Park in the cinema
>Scene with Grants gf studying plants, and grabbing as they drive by
>This scene wasn't on the tv broadcast, dvd or blu ray version

FUCKING REEEE why did they delete this scene from existance? They leave her fucking studying the plants as they roll up to the herbivores at the lake but remove the scene where she collects them?
>>
>>82653678
it's in the original trailer if you want to see it. It's not lost forever like the T-rex breaking the wall of the visitor centre
>>
I'm going to bump this thread all I want because jurassic park is the best and all this board does is colbert threads which are slightly better than BLACKED threads by like a lot.
>>
>>82652169
>What it adds up to, I can't say. yet
Something happened that made them think they had to open the cargo hold. Maybe the Rex's breathing was having complications from the tranq, maybe he was just seasick, w/e. Homeboy realized his mistake and his last action was closing the doors as the Rex swallowed him whole, sans hand.
>>
>>82653059
>>82653254
Hammond being the antagonist is much more evident in the novel. The movie turned him into a whimsical businessman who wanted to make the ultimate flea circus.
>>
>>82653318
I am totally unappreciated in my time! We can run the whole park from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because I'd sure as hell like to see them try!
>>
>>82644258
No, archaeologists are basically HUMAN

Paleontoligist or Paleobioligists are Dinosaur experts, you retard.
>>
Why did Hammond think trying to kill everyone with dinosaurs would win approval for his park?
>>
>>82644973
I can't believe she was 26 or whatever in this movie. She looks like an attractive woman hitting her 40's.
>>
>>82643988
Wasn't he there as a mathematician? IIRC, there's nothing suggesting in the film that he was known to engage in conspiracy theories or anything of the sort.
>>
>>82645284
Don't forget Peter Stormare walking an unnecessary amount of distance to take a piss on a dangerous island filled with genetically engineered themepark monsters

Or the supposed animal genius Sarah carrying a bloody article of clothing with he when she said how great the Tyrannosaurus' sense of smell was...

JP3 was the FAR better movie
>>
>>82655162
Point taken.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.