[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rewatching the prequels, not even that bad Really the only things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: b78e5743f6b56272-600x400.jpg (71KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
b78e5743f6b56272-600x400.jpg
71KB, 600x400px
Rewatching the prequels, not even that bad

Really the only things wrong with them are:

>jar jar
>corny jake lloyd
>whiny hayden
>kinda rushed plots

But i still find them enjoyable.

>podrace
>nice duals
>jango was way more badass than boba in the OT. Why don't people like him?
>qui-gon
>cool battles
>world building

And i still like Hayden despite the scripts.

Also, which Padme outfit gave you the hardest boner? Will be posting mine in a minute.
>>
File: 1c810d31a47373d09f457acb9394c99d.jpg (664KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1c810d31a47373d09f457acb9394c99d.jpg
664KB, 2000x2000px
>>82643682

And i came all over the screen.
>>
3>>>2>1
>>
>>82643682
>podrace
Explain why they had to podrace.
>"To fix the ship"
Then explain the bet because it was the most confusing thing in the movie.

>nice duals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3atu9ezZuQk

>jango was way more badass than boba in the OT. Why don't people like him?
Because Jango was pure fan-service. Boba had mystery to him.

>qui-gon
Explain his character with only the knowledge given by the movie. His goals, Morals etc..

>cool battles
"Now THIS is podracing!"
I'll agree that Ewan and Hayden did good jobs, just Georges asshat script writing that made the characters dull.
>>
>>82644803

The podrace was genuinely fun and exciting as a kid, and even still today.
>>
>>82645070
It was exciting to watch, sure, but what did it add to the story? What did we understand seeing the movie for the first time how the podrace would affect the story?

It didn't make the movie better, just more fun to watch.
>>
>>82644803
>Explain his character with only the knowledge given by the movie. His goals, Morals etc..

Did you watch the movie or are you just being a shit? His goals are clearly stated by him.
>>
>>82643682
> grade two reading comprehension script

yeah its not bad!

KYS

you have hantavirus

IT IS TERMINAL AT THE BRAIN STAGE
>>
>>82645208
I said to explain the character, not to only name the goal.

A character is not only defined with a goal.
>>
>>82645183
it showed how skilled anakin was for something that no human child his age could possibly pull off

it showed he had potential for greatness
>>
File: iamthesenate.gif (1MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
iamthesenate.gif
1MB, 500x200px
Prequels are better than TFA, FACT, cannot dispute.
>>
>>82645282
And I asked if you're actually watched the movie. Everything is pretty much stated clearly as possible. When you know what his goals are you can assess his morals. Maybe English isn't your first language and you can't actually articulate what you intend on posting. There seems to be some disconnect with you.
>>
>>82645289
What showed his potential for greatness was the fact that he was the chosen one, and they should've sticked by that and then show what a skilled pilot he was in training as it would surpass the Jedi masters expectations and doubt of training him. Would've brung more emotion since he was really just a kid on Tatooine.
>>
>>82645404
I did watch the movie, yes. Did I remember it? Barely. Why? Unmemorable characters.

Qui-gon as I remember him was suppost to be noble, like all other knights of the council. Instead he uses Jedi-mind tricks to influence others, uses the force to influence his gamble with the red and blue dice. And as much as it might be to a greater good, what is that greater good? To get off the ship? Then if his morals of influencing gambles are out the window, why didn't he just steal it? It's basically the same thing.
>>
>>82645577
>>82645404

Ship off the planet*
Steal the motor thing or whatever it was*

Thing is that this conflicts with the viewers understanding of his morals
>>
>>82643682
Every single word that comes out of any human character's mouth sounds stunted and wooden. There is no way to circumvent that massive fucking problem. They speak like actual robots for no good reason, except in a handful of scenes like Mustafar.
>>
The clones should have been the bad guys
>>
>>82643682
they're earnest and have a good campy quality. especially attack of the clones
>>82644803
podraces are fun you spergy fuck
>rlm shit again
qui gon is a jedi maverick. a true believer in jedi prophecy who is absolutely certain of anakin.
he is really about doing the necessary thing in the name of the force, even if it means bending the rules.
Qui gon is also a bit of a condescending prick towards 'lesser races' like gungans.
Obi wan takes after him somewhat in that regard, in the case of his disdain for droids
>>
>>82645748
it's about the mythology of it. it's an old greek tragedy. if they quipped you might feel more comfortable but the whole sequence of events would feel less weighty.
Lucas knew this, and he went through with it. an old shakespearean drama in this day and age, the madman
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (103KB, 800x1036px) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
103KB, 800x1036px
>>82644803
rlm fag
>>
it's really about these rlm spergs going off on small details like the good INTJs they are, missing the bigger picture that lucas was painting in the process.
Mike is a fucking coward, hiding behind his persona
>haha it's just a big joke guys but no seriously lucas is a hack
get that shit outta here
>>
>>82644803
>Explain why they had to podrace.
Boonta Eve is a holiday they celebrate on Tatooine. The podrace was scheduled to make the festivities more exciting for all the good lil boys and girls.
>Then Explain the bet because it was the most confusing thing in the movie
Qui Gon wanted to train Anakin. By asking for both him and his mother give him bargaining room with Watto.
>Because Jango was pure fan-service. Boba had mystery to him.
agreed
>Explain his character with only the knowledge given by the movie. His goals, Morals etc..
He's a bit of a renegade Jedi with little care for the dogmatic restrictions of the modern Jedi Order. He believes Anakin to be the Chosen One and chooses to train him / asks Obi Wan to train him.
>Cool Battles
Implying you don't drop 'Now THIS is podracing' at every opportunity.
>>
>>82645748
Lucas has always been pretty shitty with dialogue. Harrison Ford famously remarked "George, you can type this shit, but you can't say it!"
>>
>>82643682
>duals
I'm not suprised you like the prequels
>>
>>82645183
set-up for his piloting skills also a fun action scene for an action/adventure film
>>
>>82645183
>Anakin is rescued from slavery
>Padme is later rescued from senatorial assassination plots
>they get into a toxic relationship and things just snowball from there
>>
>>82643682
>boah badass lightsabers and shit
Are you 12?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.