[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else love Herzog docs but hold his movies in poor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: download (8).jpg (7KB, 364x138px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
7KB, 364x138px
Does anyone else love Herzog docs but hold his movies in poor regard.

I just finished aguirre and found it to be average as fuck

Am I a pleb?
>>
Shut the fuck up
>>
Opposite for me.
>>
>>82630518
It's the patrician standpoint. His documentaries are some of the best. Either way Aguirre is probably his most overrated work, because it is probably the only one normies have even heard about. Fitzgerraldo is a better film all around, yet normies never seem to mention that one.
>>
>>82630518
>Am I a pleb?
Just a bit
>>
>>82630589
I lived burden of dreams more than fitzcarraldo. I think in many ways they go deeper then his movies ever could purely because of his ability to capture essence
>>
>>82630518
Yes, you are
>the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem
>>
No you arent. Herzog is overrated ,as the bar is extremely low nowadays.
>>
>>82630518
I liked the locations, Kinski's performance and the final scene.

Which documentary is his best?
>>
File: 74f.png (127KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
74f.png
127KB, 640x479px
>>82630518
I am in total agreement.

Not a fan of his movies (or that bit he did about texting and driving)

But his docs are so visceral and fucking testical-grabbing and leave you thinking. Sometimes, like in the White Diamond, its clear how far he goes to try and replicate/produce that effect, but it still remains a beautiful form for his doc films.

>>82631906
Into the Abyss imo, but I know allot prefer Cave of Forgotten Dreams, The Grizzly Man, and The White Diamond.
>>
>>82630518
did you see my best fiend? not great
>>
>>82630518
That's honestly one of the most pointless films I've ever seen OP. Cobra verde is much better, and even then I could understand why people wouldn't like that.
>>
>Werner Herzhog and Louis Theroux will never team up to do a documentary about Kek and meme magic

It hurts
>>
>>82630518
I quite liked His rendition of Nosferatu
>>
>>82630518
No, you're a pleb when you like whatever your peers like because it's popular.
>>
>>82630518
You should really post your enlightened opinions in reddit where you can earn some carma.
Being a tripfag you're already halfway there anyway.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.