[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, for how long are we going to keep ignoring all the plot-holes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

So, for how long are we going to keep ignoring all the plot-holes, bad writing, dumb one liners, and the dumb one dimensional characters who behave like teenagers?
>>
>>82626796
For as long as you fail to give specific examples
>>
>>82626796
> it's another /tv/ tries to destroy the legacy of Aliens episode
>>
It's still a very, very solid sci-fi/action movie
>>
>>82626796
>we
fuck off
>>
>>82626837
>the company doesn’t know anything about the xenos anymore, for no reason
>there is a colony on LV-426 despite the fact that the company doesn’t remember the nostromo mission, it’s all just a big coincidence!
>in the 57 years after the nostromo was destroyed and the 20 years the colony has been there, nobody ever wandered far enough to see the motherfucking giant alien ship in plain sight, that apparently is a few miles away from the colony
>the alien warning signal apparently doesn’t exist anymore, for no reason
>ripley has the worst luck in the universe, so the colony stops responding back at the exact same time she is found
>ripley now has a daughter, who she never mentioned before a single time, but now it’s suddenly so important to her despite the fact that she left her for an 11 year-long working trip, for no reason
>burke wants ripley to go back to the planet again, for no reason, despite the fact that absolutely nobody, not the company, not the marines, not ripley; want her to come with them so nobody listens to her, ever. So she is just kind of there, for no reason
>by the time the marines reach the colony, there should have passed years in there because of the travel, but the trip from earth and LV-426 (39 light years) takes just 17 days instead of entire years, for no reason
>57 years have passed, but technology from a super advanced marine squad have barely changed from a malfunctioning improvised radar made up by some dumb space miners, to a malfunctioning radar that now tells the distance in addition. Wow
>the super badass space marine corps is made up entirely of cunts with the IQ and discipline of teenagers
>a kid who just screams all the time survives alone, for no reason, she needs to be rescued every second the moment she is found, however

There goes the first half of the film.
>>
>>82626837
>Hey man, all I gotta know is where they are
>Vasquez, you're just too bad
>*high five*
>>
>>82627448
> the company doesn’t know anything about the xenos anymore, for no reason
I always assumed it was one person or a small group of people acting on their own. That it wasn't a company objective. Whenever the crew and the ship disappeared, all of it was quietly swept under the rug. Remember, they only found Ripley decades after the fact by pure chance. Probably had a new board of directors by then.

>there is a colony on LV-426 despite the fact that the company doesn’t remember the nostromo mission, it’s all just a big coincidence!
Again. Decades after the Nostromo mission and the planet was apparently explored (although not fully) at some point afterwards. The exact location of where the Nostromo landed wasn't known until Ripley revealed it and then Burke sent a crew out to investigate.
>>
>>82627738
What a coincidence
>>
>>82626796
it was decided many months ago that this movie is worse than Alien.
the next pill for /tv/ to swallow is that the alternative cuts of Alien 3 are far better (far better) than any of the other films in the series
>>
>>82627738
i dont buy this forgetting reason. clearly it was at the forefront of the companies mind if they went to the effort of establishing and burying secret orders to locate and procure the xeno as well as planting a secret android to ensure its capture. furthermore, the company was happy to risk losing the entire ore shipment theyd procured through mining solely to ensure the xeno was found and brought back. i doubt that this clearly high priority objective of the company was forgotten after only a couple of decades, especially when they were so willing to sacrifice people and resources en masse to get it.

it clearly was a company objective, id imagine it was a secret/clandestine one. if they know that the ship disappeared, wouldnt that indicate that the xeno WAS in fact real and present in on the planet? surely the information broadcasted and recorded by the nostromo would be picked up by someone in WT?

its just too much of a stretch
>>
>>82626796
>So, for how long are we going to keep ignoring all the plot-holes, bad writing, dumb one liners, and the dumb one dimensional characters who behave like teenagers?

Terminator 2 thread? Terminator 2 thread.
>>
>line about how they literally fuck aliens for fun
>"oh but these space ants are really serious business lads"

um, no? You can't simultaneously be strong enough to use some species for sex tourism and be too weak to kill space ants
>>
>>82627962
But wasn't Burke acting on his own accord in Aliens? I don't remember being given any reason to think that the other members of the company were feigning ignorance during Ripley's interrogation. Though Burke never lost interest in Ripley or her story even after she was branded mad.

And fifty seven years separate Alien and Aliens.
>>
You're right, le creepy rubber costume man is better.
Alien always has, and always will be a shit franchise for faggots.
>>
File: alien-2-pc-games.jpg (331KB, 1660x1002px) Image search: [Google]
alien-2-pc-games.jpg
331KB, 1660x1002px
>Outta my way fucking Alien SHITS!
>>
>>82628098
i dont really buy burke of his own accord thinking he successfully sell the xeno specimens if nobody is aware they exist (as the company proposes to be the case). the only reason why he would believe there are financial prospects in bringing back the xeno's is if he thinks WT would want them, and, WT would have to know what they were and their value to do that. I think its much more likely that WT was in on it with Burke, as we see in Alien 3 that WT is chomping at the bit to find Ripley and any xenos there abouts, which wouldnt really be logical behaviour for them if they dont know they exist OR that burkes plan was to impregnate ripley with it.

also i know it was 57 between alien and aliens, but the colony on LV 426 was started 20 years prior to Aliens, which is what i was referring to by 'a couple of decades'.

additionally, the company wouldnt of just sent the terraformers out that year, that would of been years in the planning to colonize LV 426, further reducing the time period
>>
I still cant believe that they killed the kid between movies, just like Elizabeth in convenant.

What the fuck,
>>
>>82626796
about as long as girls have been ignoring you
>>
File: IMG_1136.jpg (460KB, 1200x1750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1136.jpg
460KB, 1200x1750px
>>82626796
I agree. Pic related is superior in every conceivable way
>>
>>82628220
Oh yeah, the super important and interesting plot-device, who was absolutely not annoying but useful and interesting. How could they?
>>
>>82627448
>>company doesn’t know anything about the xenos
>>company doesn’t remember the nostromo mission

>It's been 60 years. The people behind the coverup are all dead.

>>a few miles away from the colony

Stop lying.

>>the colony stops responding back at the exact same time she is found

Completely wrong. She is found. She tells them about the aliens. Burke tells the colonists to check it out. Colony is fucked and stops communicating.

>>11 year-long working trip

Who told you that shit?

>>so nobody listens to her

They do listen to her.

>>takes just 17 days instead of entire years, for no reason

They have faster than light starships. If you don't know that, then you don't know anything.
>>
>>82628359
So records of previous missions no longer exist.
So the dad and his family have time to return to the colony, make medical tests to him, capture two facehuggers, just in time before the chestburster kills him, by driving in their super slow vehicle, but it is supposed to be really far away. Hmmm.
>11 year-long working trip
They say it in Alien when they are first awakened mid flight. Why do you think they even need hypersleep?

>people go into hypersleep for a 3 week journey
>>
Aliens is just a popcorn was flick that just happens to be set in space featuring some big slimey bugs.
>>
>>82628541
>So records of previous missions no longer exist

That's what coverup means.

>capture two facehuggers

Those facehuggers were from different people. Not the family.

>super slow vehicle

Stop making baseless assumptions.

>They say it in Alien when they are first awakened mid flight

Lambert: Well, how about a little something to lower your spirits?
Dallas: Thrill me, would ya?
Lambert: Well, based on my calculations, based on time spent getting to and from the planet...
Dallas: Just give me the short version, how far to Earth?
Lambert: Ten months.
Ripley: Oh god.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/quotes

>>people go into hypersleep for a 3 week journey

Yes. Were you trying to make a point?
>>
>>82629261
>super slow vehicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iusPorC4wZE
>Ten months.
Fair enough, that one is actually wrong. 10 months and 3 weeks are still a world in difference.
And everything else keeps being stupid.
>>
>>82629261
>Ten months
That's without counting the time already passed (the time it took them to arrive there). It's fair to assume the trip took longer than 10 months.
>>
>>82626839
apparently it's the crusade tv needs right now
>>
>>82629732
/tv/ needs a 90's born queer who wants to try and ruin a good move? fuck yourself.
>>
>>82626796

>stop liking things I dont like

Yes, Guardians of The Galaxy and Rick and Morty are better, we get it. Sure thing, buddy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.