[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWc EvDjCi0Y I know I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 21

File: Death Note 2017.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note 2017.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWcEvDjCi0Y
I know I'm late but what the fuck is this?

Why does Light look like an angsty outcast? He was supposed to be the perfect psychopath: well-adapted, good looking, charismatic, and a stellar student. The Light in the trailer doesn't look like that kind of person.
Why is L dressed like a retard?
Why is ninja L walking through a corridor with lasers?
And why the FUCK is there a falling ferris wheel?
Do they want to make it into an action flick?

Fucking americans.
>>
>>82621718
This would be great if it was about the battle of the weebs
>>
>>82621718
looks so bad lol
>>
>>82621718
I thought that was Tobey Maguire.
>>
>>>/v/
>>>/a/
>>
>>82622280
It's a live action movie, friend.
>>
This looks like shit
>>
>>82622339
for children.
>>
>>82622380
all movies are made for children, adults read books or watch plays
>>
>>82621718
When will people learn that 2D should stay 2D. Is there one live action anime adaption that's not absolute trash?

>inb4 people bitch about whitewashing on this.
>>
>>82621718

william dafoe was the best part of the trailer
>>
So everything produced by Netflix this year is complete and utter trash like that.
What happened?
>>
>>82622502
Speed racer.Maybe you need weebs like the wachowskis to do anime adaptations.

Also maybe they shouldn't do direct adaptations,maybe they should do spin off stories set in the same universe as the subject material.
>>
>Whitewashing
I hope this flops
>>
>>82622502
Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need is Kill

Knights of Sidonia would be amazing, but it would just be Pacific Rim in space.
>>
>>82624594
Edge of Tomorrow was a novel.
They did a manga adaptation but I wouldn't count that.
>>
>>82624583
>not blackwashing
L is a ayoo
>>
File: L.jpg (99KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
L.jpg
99KB, 736x1104px
can't wait for genius nigger L

literally KINO
>>
>>82624687
Netflix is so retarded they managed to displease everyone with their terrible casting.
Although the black L will be hated a lot more by the weeb fanbase.
>>
>>82624470
They got cocky.
>>
>>82624747
I like his sandals.
>>
>>82622205
same, i thought the op was a screencap from spiderman 3 at first glance
>>
anime is fucking gay
>>
File: kike yagami.jpg (206KB, 817x1222px) Image search: [Google]
kike yagami.jpg
206KB, 817x1222px
>>
>>82624759
honestly, if its some unheard of anime make them white, if the character is explicitly white (not to me this anime character with undefined facial features and random colored hair) then by all means make them white.

If you're trying to adapt a popular anime to get that weeb money, why the fuck would you make them white?

And more importantly, why make them black? I get muh diversity the Jews get a hard on for, except for them diversity only means black and preferably black men. Aren't Asian-Americans a minority?
>>
>>82621718
>Cast yet another Jew
>The backlash is aimed at white people
The perfect crime.
>>
>>82624687
It doesn't really matter what race L is, for once I wasn't really annoyed by arbitrarily casting a character as black for the diversity points. It doesn't really matter, no reason he couldn't be black. What I'm mad about is what the OP mentioned, which is totally fucking up Light's character. The whole point of the Light vs L dynamic was they were opposites. Light is the ultimate overachiever on the outside yet his true nature is evil, and L looks like a loser shut-in on the outside yet is a remarkably courageous genius underneath. That's the contrast that sells the whole story and kind of the driving point of the series: if somebody as outwardly perfect as Light can be a megalomaniacal murderer with a god complex, then how can you trust anyone with power?
>>
File: jackson rathbone in twilight.jpg (11KB, 282x427px) Image search: [Google]
jackson rathbone in twilight.jpg
11KB, 282x427px
>>82621718
I thought it was this fuckin guy.
>>
>>82621718
He looks like a drug addict. He looks suspicious as fuck. You can tell the guy probably has done something bad and it's probably worth digging into just by looking at him. which is exactly the opposite of what he should be like.

George Soros funded anti white boi propaganda is what this is. Netflix does it again.
>>
>>82624962
It also doesn't make sense for such a character to follow Light's course of actions. He focuses on criminals and other people nobody in society likes, but in many cases can't do anything about. His first victim was a guy holding people hostage, his second a street punk harassing a woman. Some edgy outcast would probably write his old teacher's name in it to get back at him for being mean to him.
>>
>>82624867
Japanese americans are a very very small minority.

And they aren't even the top earning minority here,so what is the point when-

>there aren't many english speaking japanese here and the ones that are probably aren't actors
>they aren't going to be the largest demo buying/watching the content or reviewing it
>weebs would be pissed either way since it wouldn't be japanese language or in tokyo,they probably want a shot for shot adaptation too
>liberals who complain about whitewashing wouldn't be interested in the content either even if it did have an all asian casts and overall aren't a very good demo to appeal too either

If anyone is upset by this they should just watch the nip one that has a english dub with the original cast.
>>
>>82624962
>George Soros funded anti white boi propaganda is what this is
if it's based on the script from 2009 or whatever then its not
>>
>>82625091
So, diversity is only good when its a big group?
Say, white people?
Or Mexicans, who now outnumber blacks?

Yet, its always only blacks.

But I'm sure this series will do fine.
>>
>>82624962
Did you even watch the orginal show? The reason he looks like that in the picture is because when Ryuk comes to Light to the first time, he had been up all night writing names in the Death Note. Thats why his eys look like that. He has spent days awake.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 2080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 2080x1080px
>>82621718
I thought that was edgy Peter
>>
That ferris wheel shot, I hope its not some over the top light yagami shit.
>>
>>82625239
I don't believe in diversity,i believe in supporting the creators artistic vision.

Your emotions and feelings are wrong to impose on someones imagination.

What annoys me is when hollywood is trying to appeal to groups that will

a) Always find something wrong with content and will never be appeased

Or

b)Never had an interest in such content in the first place so there is no point in trying to make it appealing for them since you risk alienating the people that were willing to pay to go see it.

This is why they all flop.Hollywood thinks

>oh this has a pre existing fanbase? And it could have potential to have mass appeal?

Then they comercialize it.

For these reasons I do not think most anime belongs in hollywood,at least not in a big budget kinda way.What makes them good is not appealing to most audiences here and for it to be done it must have a larger budget,they will always be inevitable flops.
>>
Weebs are the worst fucking autists. Nobody cares about your faggot chinese cartoons.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.
>>
>kept his first name as Light for some reason even though that makes no sense
>but changed his last name to "Turner" which is probably just a random name they pulled out of a hat
>>
>>82625572
>gets mad about other people's interests
>says nobody cares about one of the most popular animes ever
You seem to be the autist here.
>>
I think this will kill all future plans for weebshit adaptions even harder than the Ghost In The Shell flop.
>>
>>82625641
We can only hope.
>>
>>82625596
He's the Light Turner.
He turns off the lights for the criminals with his Death Note.
It's profound af.
>>
>>82621718
they should have swapped him and the black guy's casting.
>>
>>82621718
What did they do to my waifu Misa?
>>
>>82625772
Fuck me
>>
>>82621718
>I'LL WRITE YOU IN MY DEATH NOTE IF YOU DON'T FIX THIS DAMN DOORRRR
>>
>>82625756
Misa is and always will be awful.
>>
>>82625901
Don't talk shit about my waifu
>>
>that kid who used to take a death note replica to school and write the names of people he didn't like and apparently thought it made him look badass
>>
Light was a hero of justice we could all get behind, this guy is a queer. L wouldn't lose to this queer
>>
>>82626218
Thats most likely what the actor in the op did
>>
File: 025_1477897595.jpg (1MB, 1903x1500px) Image search: [Google]
025_1477897595.jpg
1MB, 1903x1500px
>>82621718
>Why does Light look like an angsty outcast? He was supposed to be the perfect psychopath: well-adapted, good looking, charismatic, and a stellar student. The Light in the trailer doesn't look like that kind of person.
He was supposed to be a well liked jock, the epitome of success.
Not a school shooter type.

The point was that his superiority complex CAME from the fact that he was superior to most people in his school.

He was not an ugly outcast.

Zac Effron would have been perfect.

pic related:
Light always saw himself as the good guy.

THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT
>>
File: 1462921125571.jpg (68KB, 760x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1462921125571.jpg
68KB, 760x1140px
Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in writing death lists. I was given the title of Shinigami. They take a movie “Death Note”. They have a 6-foot-1-inch big guy, whether he was a kike or a jap, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held an note book. They make him Death Note. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
>>82624891
This. I agree with everything you said.
>>
>>82626336
Zach effron is a terrible actor and it probably isn't hard to find some twink in hollywood that can act and resemble him
>>
>>82621718
Now I can see why Zac Effron dropped the role.
>>
HEY HEY EMO SUCKA
>>
More anime butchery.

cringe worthy
>>
>>82621718
it's almost like they changed the characters and setting huh?
>>
>>82621718
>light looks like Jesse Pinkman's homosexual son
>deathnote rules not black with with ink
>not edgy deathnote font
>>
>>82621718
>fucking americans
Kill yourself degenerate weeb. If your entire criticisms are
>its not like the manga
then you wont like it because they openly said its basically going to be an original story just using the premise but putting it in America. If you cant handle that and will endlessly say
>B-BUT NOT MUH
Grow up
>>
File: IMG_7231.jpg (288KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7231.jpg
288KB, 425x600px
>>82621718
Because he needs to appeal to the average goth girl who'll end up writing fanfiction about him and fangirling about him doing kinky stuff to her. Portraying your main character as an angsty teen who's bleached in make-up is a good way to start since Light Yagami was too much of a chad in the series
>>
File: 3201154_orig.jpg (124KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
3201154_orig.jpg
124KB, 600x439px
>>82621718
>>82624942
>>82625422
What if they made light smart autist who is in a dead end job cause everyone else is a shit
>>
>>82621718
>Why does Light look like an angsty outcast?
Because angry edgelords sell better to teens than super intelligent geniuses that want to make a better society do. It's probably less relatable.

>Why is L dressed like a retard?
Simply put? He was kangz. It's just silly pandering and the dress-style is trying to make an insanely introvert guy into a weird fashion icon.

>Why is ninja L walking through a corridor with lasers?
Because that's what Death Note is known for, right? Colored neon lights.

>And why the FUCK is there a falling ferris wheel?
Because the director has no idea what made Death Note so tense and suspenseful as a series. It was the quiet buildup of two ultra-intelligent people taking light detection-jabs at each other and slowly going in for the killing blow. Instead we need loud stupid near-falling action.

>Do they want to make it into an action flick?
In every sense of the word: yes.
>>
>>82629528

therefor it is going to be shit since every American story is generic as fuck and dumbed down
>>
>>82629609
>no trilogy
>no first movie with Kira cult happening
>>
>>82629645
Ok.
>>
>>82621718

Looks like Milo after being pounded by a coke fueled gang bang.
>>
>>82629609
>Because angry edgelords sell better to teens than super intelligent geniuses that want to make a better society do. It's probably less relatable.

How did you get to that conclusion? Death Note is amongst the most popular manga of all time here in the west and it has legions of fangirls.
>>
>>82621718
I don't get it why people are so hyped about this shit. Yes the anime was interesting (doesn't deserve the 9.0 IMDB rating though since there are better anime out there) but this movie is just going to be a cliche dumbed down piece of trash which is supposed to appeal to the masses. Everyone know it's going to be shit, so why pretend it has the makings of an amazing work of art?
>>
There is NO doubt what this movie wants: it wants to create a NEW fanbase. It wants to draw a new crowd of people into the series, and does so by portraying it as something it's not.

The appeal of Death Note were the fun borderline (and sometimes not so borderline) sociopath characters, interesting moral dilemmas, and intense back-and-forth logic battles.
>>
>>82629731

Honestly it was just a shot in the dark based on what little we've seen in the trailer.

It feels a lot like they're trying to portray Light as a much more rebellious character, with messy hair and bags under his eyes who doesn't care what you think. But again, it's just speculation based on what little we've seen.
>>
>>82629787
Why are they trying to create a new fanbase when they haven't tapped into the original fanbase at all so far? I mean, in that case, just make a fucking original movie loosely based on the story.
>>
>>82629833
>Why?

Because it's much MUCH harder to appeal to an existing fanbase.

Are you aware of how fanatical Death Note fans are? The debate still rages on about that shit to this day, and those autistic fuckers would shit their pants if anything was "wrong" compared to the anime/manga.

So Netflix is instead clearly not targeting them, and instead focusing on a new audience who don't know what details to look and what can go "wrong".

And a series like Death Note, to normies, is a hard sell without hanging edgy teens out of ferris wheels as action setpieces.
>>
>>82629787
nah they're trying to cash in on the Death Note fame while making it palatable for their North American audience and others who don't know about it

so theyre not trying to create a new fanbase, moreso attract the same fanbase of death note and casuals
>>
I just don't see L being black.
>Hol' up, so u tellin me dat sum crazy white boi out dere killin' niggas wit' his mind n shit?
>shieeeeeeeeeeeeeet, im fixin' to find dis fool with my genius mind nigga
>>
>>82630008

The actor playing him is also a "well known" rapper. Meaning we'll be getting at least one rap in the movie.

Take that in for a moment. L will be rapping.
>>
>>82630106
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xpMRCnJRE

Orchestrafags on suicide watch.
>>
>>82630106
that's not necessarily the case, rappers are in movies all the time, they're not spitting a sweet 16 every fucking movie
>>
>>82630008
he's been good in some shows
>>82630118
the original soundtrack is pretty amazing and really stood out
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY'RE GETTING EVEN THE MOST BASIC THINGS WRONG
>>
File: $.jpg (50KB, 450x506px) Image search: [Google]
$.jpg
50KB, 450x506px
>>82621718
This song would work well in the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g
>>
>>82630161
I think instead of L loving to eat sweets, he'll constantly be smoking Black and Milds and applying cocoabutter.
>>
>>82626336
>Ryuk knew the whole goddamn time it was never going to work because he could see his lifespan
>Went to the warehouse knowing he was in for a good show
>>
>>82629885
I'd rate deathnote fans as about a one out of ten on the autism scale. 10 is a placeholder because no one can be that autistic and I'd but madoka magicka fans at 5/10.
>>
>>82625596
>kept the name "Death Note" even though it's a clumsy mistranslation
>the public still calls the supernatural murderer "Kira" even though it's not set in Japan
>>
>whole point of it being a notebook is that it doesn't stand out, Light can carry it everywhere and it never arouses any suspicion

>in this version it's some heavy, dusty looking piece of shit that would instantly raise questions
>looks like something out of the Evil Dead series
>>
>>82630316
>whole point of it being a notebook is that it doesn't stand out, Light can carry it everywhere and it never arouses any suspicion
he never does this though
>>
>>82621718
Daily reminder Light did nothing wrong, especially since he's white and his opponent is black.
>>
>>82630380
I have a feeling when L dies, it's going to be a shoutout to Trayvon Martin or something.
>>
>>82630349
.....the bus?
>>
It's an anime adaption, of course its cringey and filled with emos.
>>
>>82624583
>whitewashing
>a series where it being set in Japan is literally inconsequential to the story
>>
>>82630380
>implying they're not going with the Japanese alternative-ending in this version

L will win. Calling it right now.
>>
File: 1366345833273.jpg (21KB, 484x604px) Image search: [Google]
1366345833273.jpg
21KB, 484x604px
a movie? good fucking luck trying to fit all the plans and spoonfeeding the audience the details in under 5 hours.
this is the biggest sequel bait ever and I am not talking about those other faggots.
>>
>Anime Light
>Perfectionist
>Top student
>Handsome
>Popular

>Movie Light
>Edgy
>Possibly gay
>Ugly
>Looks retarded
>No one likes him
>Seems like a schoolshooter
>>
>>82630576
We have not seen it yet.
>>
>>82630591
You're kidding yourself if you think this Light fits what he's supposed to be like

He looks like the kid who gets bullied every day and never talked with a girl
>>
>>82621718
neat
>>
>>82630576
>>Possibly gay
He's kissing Margaret Qualley, if he was gay he wouldn't be for long.
>>
>>82622380
adults actually due to its R rating
>>
>>82630614
>not muh annie may
lmao
The movie does look shit, though.
>>
>>82630555
>Japanese alternative-ending in this version
???
>>
How mad will SJWs be when Light kills L
>>
>>82630649
all girls and teachers wants lights penis inside them,this casting makes no sense unless we are somehow supposed to feel sorry for Light for the M.Knight shadilaydingdong twist?
>>
File: 1948198.png (282KB, 446x396px) Image search: [Google]
1948198.png
282KB, 446x396px
>>82630576
I can relate to this new Light a lot easier than the old Chad, thanks Netflix
>>
>>82629787

They don't give a shit about the series or drawing new people.

It's all about a brand name. Hollywood ran out of popular brand names and shit to ramake so they are turning to anime now. That's literally it.

It has nothing to do with wanting to adapt it or get new fans for the series. It's all about $. It's a shitty corporate product and that's it.

And once again they got it completely wrong so shit is going to fail hard just like GitS.
>>
>>82630555
>>82630680
the jap movie ending is one of the things they changed that was actually good
L rights his own name in the book negating the effect of light killing him during the final confrontation
and then they had that stupid spinoff movie where he dies after saving some kid
>>
>>82630720
Lmao
>>
File: 88b1c6f4ce494910eb26ae889c46d2e9.jpg (111KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
88b1c6f4ce494910eb26ae889c46d2e9.jpg
111KB, 736x1040px
>>82622502
>>
>>82622205
You'll get your accurate adaptation WHEN YOU FIX THIS DAMN DOOR
>>
>>82622502

It's perfectly possible to make good anime adaptations.

They just need to stop rewriting everything to make it more friendly to general audiences.
>>
>>82630682
might not happen since it's a common opinion that the anime/manga went to shit after L died. I seriously doubt this movie (2 hours of content) will play out the same as the anime (12-13 hours of content)
>>
>>82630402

Maybe use spoilers, fuckass
>>
>>82630897
The question you should be asking is why do people who are fans of anime series x even want a live action adaptation in the first place.
Surely if you've seen the series once and want to see it again you have no problems watching the anime series again.
There's literally nothing a live action adaptation brings to the table that's actually worth it.
Though this same could be said of sequels to literally everything that isn't built as a franchise from the start.
Blade Runner doesn't need a sequel, the story ended. If you want to see more Blade Runner, watch it again, or branch out to other similar works.
>>
>>82622502
Ghost in the Shell
>>
File: 121849108.png (384KB, 586x449px) Image search: [Google]
121849108.png
384KB, 586x449px
>>82630993
>There's literally nothing a live action adaptation brings to the table that's actually worth it

some people have a hard time getting into watching interactive drawings and will only watch stuff with real human actors
>>
>>82630991
Trayvon dies
>>
>>82631052
Then they weren't really interested in the first place, and most likely won't watch the live action movie either.
>>
Why is PHOOOWAR sound in trailers still a thing?
Why is every modern trailer looks the same?
>>
Death Note but with the cast of Spiderman 3 when?

Light -Tobey McGuire
Misa - Kirsten Dunst
L - James Franco
Willem Defoe- Ryuk
Light's Dad- JK Simmons
>>
>>82631116
>Not James Franco Light and Tobey L
>>
>>82631129
I was just doing that based on how the actor in OP looks like Tobey McGuire
>>
File: Jaden-Smith-2016.jpg (88KB, 550x826px) Image search: [Google]
Jaden-Smith-2016.jpg
88KB, 550x826px
Would he have made a better L?
>>
>>82631116
Light - JK Simmons
Misa - Kirsten Dunst
L - Willem Dafoe
Ryuk - Speedboat McGuire
Light's Dad - James Franco
>>
File: thumb_6282_reference.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_6282_reference.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>82631046
>"blocks your path"
>>
File: 1482266389735.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482266389735.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
>>82624873
OY VEY
>>
>>82631203
I swear to god, his dressing must be part of some fucked up experiment of social engineering.
>>
>>82631203
He'd make a better anything.

Coming next January... Jayden Smith is...

"to be... or not to be... it aint even real"
>>
>>82631339

>The poor Palestinians all they did was start a war and then poke the bear for 50 years dry dindu nuffin

Hi fag
>>
>>82621718
He looks like tobey maguire in that pic. Man I wish tobey played him, it would have been fun
>>
>>82624470
SJWs telling them that as long as their stuff is SJW friendly it's awesome by default.
>>
>>82624747
L was supposed to not give a fuck about fashion WHAT THE FUCK
>>
GET FUCKED WHITY
WE WUZ DETECTIVES N SHEIT
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.