[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People unironically believe the guy who made this could make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: chappie.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chappie.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>People unironically believe the guy who made this could make a film to save the Alien franchise.
>>
>>82606182
Meh WETA would be doing all of the hard work so probably not.
>>
district 9 was good, so was this is you like die antwood. could he make a new aliens and it be good/?? yes

saving the franchise? i didnt know it needed saving
>>
>>82606222
WETA are doing all the hard work anyway.
>>
>>82606476
It really wasn't though
>>
>>82606182
did they get damaged tattoo idea from this movie?
>>
>>82606669
In your opinion.

In my opinion I think all of Blomkamps work is pretty decent, not perfect, but entertaining to watch.
>>
File: yolandi-ninja-die-antwoord.jpg (41KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
yolandi-ninja-die-antwoord.jpg
41KB, 450x600px
>>82606182
Chappie was Short Circuit with Die Antwoord.

Seriously rewatch Short Circuit 1 and 2 and literally *everything* lines up. From getting created by an Indian scientist and smuggled out on the grounds that he's sentient, to getting broken down and needing parts, to acting like kid that needs to be taught everything, to having a heart of gold but being so naive he makes big mistakes, to falling in with thugs, to getting hunted down by weaponized robots of the same make.

And on Die Antwoord
Though I like(d) Die Antwoord, any type of success based on a gimmick like that rarely stays fresh for more than 2 albums.

Even Marilyn Manson, whom I also like, has learned you really have to change up your shtick for it to be fresh .

Using them in a movie was a huge fucking mistake. Also note that they are hipsters play acting at being thugs. Look at Die Antwoord before Die Antwoord. Also understand that Ninja had almost 30 years of trying to hit it big as a rapper but no one liked his hipster raps about veganism. In his very last album as himself, the perfect kill, he has a song about being a failure and mentions creating a thuggish alter ego to sell rap albums.... then the next album Die Antwoord was born.

Also this
<-----
is Die Antwoord just a year before they became Die Antwoord. Unfortunately they stay in character (method acting) and everyone on set despised them including Blomkamp who was previously their friend.
>>
I for one enjoyed all of Neil's films. They have a rich visual style that sets them apart from other bland sterile looking sci-fi. I hope he comes out with a new film soon.
>>
>>82606657
I pretty much said that already
>>
>>82606182
Autism: The Robot
>>
Chappie is a better movie than anything in the Alien franchise.
>>
>>82606182

District 9
>9/10
Elysium
>7/10
Chappie
>9/10

I see no problem with this.
>>
WIKUS YOU FOKKEN PRAWN
>>
>>82607829
the thing is that if you really look at those movies objectively, they're all shit. They feel fresh and new and have a distinct quality to them, but it's mostly all his visual style and sharlto. His story telling is shallow and highschool level. And alien movie under him would look cool, but it would suck ass.
>>
>>82607927
The Alien movies all suck ass anyway. Who cares who directs them?
>>
>>82607130
Holy shit, Yolandi was actually cute once upon a time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.