[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OMG LIFE IN COMMUNIST HUNGARY IS A TERRIBLE AND CHAOTIC EXPERIENCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1401705602201.jpg (35KB, 364x500px) Image search: [Google]
1401705602201.jpg
35KB, 364x500px
OMG LIFE IN COMMUNIST HUNGARY IS A TERRIBLE AND CHAOTIC EXPERIENCE TO MOST OF ITS CITIZENS! THE UNEDUCATED AND THE POOR ARE EASILY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY THOSE IN POWER! THE MASSES WILL RAPIDLY BREAK DOWN AND DESTROY EVERYTHING AROUND THEM! BUT IF YOU TAKE AWAY THEIR NUMBERS, THEIR WEAPONS, AND THEIR CLOTHES, THEY ARE JUST IMPOTENT AND WEAK! LOOK AT THE NAKED OLD MAN IN THE HOSPITAL, HOW FRAIL AND FRAGILE HE LOOKS AS THE ANGRY MOB DESTROYS EVERYTHING AROUND HIM! SEE HOW THE CAMERA LINGERS ON HIS SHRIVELED BODY, AND HOW THE UNRULY MOB REALLY BEGINS TO CONTEMPLATE THEIR ACTIONS IN THE FACE OF HIS SHRIVELED PENIS! LISTEN TO THE MONOLOGUE OF HOW WERCKMEISTER'S THEOREM BROUGHT DISORDER TO MUSIC THAT SET THE MEDIUM ON A COURSE FOR DESTRUCTION THAT WE EXPERIENCE TO THIS DAY! THIS IS POWERFUL, THIS IS A MIDDLE FINGER TO SOCIETY, THIS IS TRUTH! YOU DIRTY CAPITALISTS COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND!
>>
>>82604813
>implying i'm gonna read that
>>
>>82604813
this was a great movie man, wtf you talking about
>>
>>82605259
he can't fathom cinema without capes or explosions
>>
>>82605291
that mob scene was amazing. the opening scene was perfection.

I'm deeply triggered right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d5X2t_s9g8
>>
>>82605396
>>82605259
>>82605291
what if, and hear me out, but what if OP actually liked the movie?
>>
>>82605396
>>82605478
OP isn't serious
If you're cultured enough to even know about the film chances are you're cultured enough to like it

Although there were a few people who left the theater or fell asleep last time I saw it
>>
>>82605562
>>82605478
having read OP again, I'm sure this was a bait way to start a conversation about the kino

I don't know what to say other than it was a tremendous film and made me feel ashamed to have not seen other films like it
>>
why was the old man's penis so frail?
>>
>>82604813

At least this one isn't eight fucking hours.
>>
who did the Prince represent?
>>
>>82606363
The prince was the herald of the eclipse, which brings chaos into the town
>>
>>82604813
I went to see a conversation between Tarr and some french philosopher and when some french girl asked Tarr a question Tarr made fun of her.
>>
>>82607274
based tarr
>>
>>82607274
What did you think of the talk? I was also there
I thought it was quite casual, not very deep or theoretical.
>>
>>82607488
Last Friday? Yeah I was kind of disappointed. They were going through the motions/talking on auto-pilot about stuff you can read on any short blurb related to a Tarr film. I also thought he was quite rude to the French girl.

Did you go to any of the Satantango screenings? I wanted to go but couldn't make it any of the three times :/
>>
>>82605396
i stopped watching. its depressing af
>>
>>82607626
Yeah, I thought it was nice of EYE to do a retrospective on Tarr but it just didn't seem academic enough and quite low-fi, the exhibition was a bit of a disappointment too.

He did specifically say not to ask that question though... which was a bit of a wasted question imo, all the questions were not very interesting, but at least it wasn't as tragic as the Q&A at the Satantango screening.
I thought at least the idea of the talk was nice, the climate for cinema in the Netherlands isn't great, but at least it shows Eye could have some influence on the culture (I believe Apichatpong is coming later in the year)
>>
>>82607860
>it wasn't as tragic as the Q&A at the Satantango screening
lel did he walk off or something?
>>
>>82607860
>>82607488
hi vitus
>>
>>82607901
no but I bet he was thinking to the questions were so bad. One anon even got told to fuck off.

>>82607962
hi anon!
>>
>>82607901
>>82608016
>One anon even got told to fuck off.
That would be me!

>>82608016
email reply when
the hype is too real right now
pls respond
>>
>>82608065
>>82608016
>got told to fuck off
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
What did you do?
>>
>>82604813
powerful film. why does /tv/ care about this now?
>>
>>82608065
sorry I'm still recovering from the w/e, I went to see some chinese guy who makes music with his body in the Red Light District and it got a bit crazy. Is kino in the Netherlands back on the menu bois?
>>
>>82608286
That sounds pretty cool. Was the music itself good, or was it all about the performance? I never go out in the RLD.
>Is kino in the Netherlands back on the menu bois?
That short is almost done so I'd say yes.

>>82608139
Asked him about how his style evolved throughout his career. He told me that Jonathan Rosenbaum and Susan Sontag had asked about the same thing and that I should fuck off.
>>
>>82608465
idk, it was definitely the weirdest performance I've ever been to and I've seen a girl putting a mic in her vagina and a guy fake-masturbating while fake-crying while smearing himself in shit.
hopefully you'll be better than Frans Zwartjes
>>
>>82608843
>>82608286
>I've seen a girl putting a mic in her vagina and a guy fake-masturbating while fake-crying while smearing himself in shit.
This is your brain on Bela Tarr.
>>
>>82608843
lel fucking performance art
I was gonna post something about definitely being better than Zwartjes since he's dead, but he's actually alive so w/e
>>
>>82605937
It had a cold.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.