[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was so much of this not explained in the movie? Am I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: donnie-darko-719479l[1].jpg (165KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
donnie-darko-719479l[1].jpg
165KB, 1000x1500px
Why was so much of this not explained in the movie? Am I just retarded?
>>
rewatch it. takes a few tries to get a grasp of what's going on
>>
File: Vermeer_The_concert.jpg (252KB, 1200x1345px) Image search: [Google]
Vermeer_The_concert.jpg
252KB, 1200x1345px
>>82600574
Yes, you're retarded. The film is intentionally abstract. Ever look at a piece of artwork and just instantly "get it"? Say to yourself "I know exactly was this person was feeling and was attempting to convey in this piece, and why they spent weeks or months perfecting it."

Maybe you should shut the fuck up.
>>
it was all a dream.

he died in bed
>>
>>82600841
this to be desu. it's like a lynch movie
>>
>>82600574
it's pretentious garbage
>>
OP here. Should probably mention I watched the original version and not the director's cut if that makes any difference.
>>
>>82600574
just rewatch it 3 times
>>
>>82601135
the director's cut includes a whole bunch of the mythology but there's something really spoonfed about it. Plus I think they changed a bunch of the music they couldn't license again for the directors cut

Personally I like the original way more.
>>
>>82601189
100%

My take was that essentially Donnie got to witness the contrast between his living and dying, how it would effect the people and the world around him, and was ultimately given a choice between the outcomes based on those experiences. The universe "demonstrated" why it was better that he die in the accident, and in the end Donnie agreed by placing himself there.

The Director's Cut fucks that all up with more scifi-ness but I prefer my headcanon. More elegant.
>>
>>82600841
thats a shit interpretation
>>
It was all a psychic delusion brought on by his medication.
>>
>>82600574
Its a mad world
>>
>>82602514
but let me guess, multiple universes and time travel bullshit is totally what happened!
>>
>>82603166
>he doesn't time travel and visit ayyy lmaos in other universes
Fucking pleb get off my board.
>>
>>82600574
No you're not retarded, the Director's just a mental.
Director's Cut tries to explain a bunch of the Time travel/alt universe stuff, but ends up leaving it in a paradox, and the rest of the lore was left as ideas written in shit on Richard Kelly's walls because the producers were sensible enough not to entertain them in the movie.

Just enjoy it as a fun homage to 80s adolescence.
>>
>>82600808

>maybe you should shut the fuck up

What did he mean by this? I didnt really get it the first time I read it
>>
I watched this as well on sbs tonight.

I watched the first half hour anyway and then I remembered maggie Gyllenhaal in that secretary movie so I looked it up and jerked off and then forgot about the movie.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.