[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was it actually good? I'm still not sold on the fact that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Prometheus_Poster.png (867KB, 1000x1481px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus_Poster.png
867KB, 1000x1481px
was it actually good?

I'm still not sold on the fact that it getting a sequel automatically qualifies it as a good film
>>
>>82599126
Yes
>>
Incredible direction, beautiful CGI and solid performances from Noomi and Fassbender

all the problems are in the script, which really aren't as bad as people make it out to be. Movie is a solid 6-7/10.
>>
>>82599126
very confusing. see if you can get your hands on the fan edit.
>>
I love in but it's pretty accepted as an okay movie.
Alien>Prometheus>Covenant>Aliens>Alien 3>Resurection

Ridley is the only person that should be allowed to touch these movies.
>>
>>82599126
Wayland pays what, like a trillion dollars for this mission?

Who do they select to send? Utter morons.

Like actual idiots with anger issues who break rank and have no concern for their fellow astrofriends.

Script was like straight to video, but the vfx and cast was like summer blockbuster.

Alien vs Predator was better.
>>
>>82599126

Everything but the script was a 9/10, but that TURD of a script drags this movie down to a 2/10 overall.
>>
>>82599126
who said it getting a sequel qualifies it as good? it's a pretty decent movie, 8/10, marred from being a masterpiece by having having all the characters do dumb shit that would make Roger corman laugh
>>
>>82599154
This very much. The only real issues with the movie are:
>very confused plot device. Can you fucking settle on what the black goo actually does instead of "It's a mysterious mutagen that does whatever the plot needs it to :^)"?
>very hamfisted biblical themes.
>some of the characters are plain retarded, although you sort of could explain that away with the cyberpunk universe where scientific professions are pretty much cheap labour within the reach of every retard on earth.
>>
>>82599204
How'd you see a movie that's not out yet and rank it???
>>
>>82599539
It's by Scott so by default it's guaranteed to be be better than the others. Kind of like Lucas and Star Wars.
>>82599484
>bilblical themes
>bad
They were some of the most thought provoking moments of the film despite being overly present. Shaw's continued belief in God despite meeting her literal creator brings up the question of faith and how we as a species would react if we were put in the same situation.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.