[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali en:_Covenant As the cre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 18

File: PgQrNGJ-701x525.jpg (66KB, 701x525px) Image search: [Google]
PgQrNGJ-701x525.jpg
66KB, 701x525px
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien:_Covenant

As the crew search for Oram, they gradually uncover David's activities on the planet: after landing on the Engineer homeworld with Shaw, David unleashed the "black goo", a bioweapon recovered during the Prometheus mission. This killed the Engineers and allowed David to experiment on local fauna by using the black goo to cross-breed them. The earliest xenomorphs came about after David experimented with a parasitic wasp that laid its eggs inside its prey; upon being born, the larvae ate the prey from the inside out. Elizabeth Shaw became the first victim of a facehugger, murdered by David in what David considers to be a necessary sacrifice.

With the ship safe, the crew decide to return to their original mission plan and re-enter stasis. As Walter puts them under one by one, crew member Daniels asks him if he will help her realise her dead husband's dream once they arrive on their new home world. However, Walter, whom Daniels previously confided in, does not understand this, and Daniels realises that she is talking to David, who has taken Walter's place. As Daniels enters cryosleep, David gains access to the colonists' cryosleep quarters where he regurgitates two facehugger embryos and leaves them with the sleeping colonists.

Lord Giger wouldn't have let this happen.

I nee do see this shit for myself.
>>
cash grab
>>
All the shit from Prometheus just to get Elizabeth killed, its like alien 3 all over again with the fucking kid.

B R A V O
>>
>>82598039
>I nee do see this shit for myself.
>I need to give those filthy juden kike pigs my money so they can shit out more of such trash so I can give those filthy juden kike pigs my money so they can shit out more of such trash so I can...

You are the cancer.
>>
>>82598214
Oh no, I plan to watch it via a download or putlocker if ever it becomes available. I would only view it in cinemas for Lord Giger.
>>
Another turd on an already tarnished legacy.
>>
>>82598039

>>the aliens in the first movies were invented by some human robot

>>they are just mutated wasps

why
>>
>>82598039
>This killed the Engineers and allowed David to experiment on local fauna by using the black goo to cross-breed them.

So David made the wheat? He was learning to control genetic engineering and to do that he turned a native plant into Earth wheat? I guess that makes sense. I feel like it's just going to bring up more questions than it answers though. Just like Prometheus. They'll never explain exactly what the fuck the black goo is or why it was on the other planet or why a fancy Real Doll from another planet is able to understand how to use it. It'll just be the catalyst to get David to stalk and kill some humans via the xenomorphs. I still want to know how David has the capacity to do all this but a human can't understand not to run sideways.
>>
>>82598039
why are people still expecting something decent from this franchise after the giant turd that was prometheus?
this movie was even fucking worse
>>
>>82598151

Good. I hope upon watching Covenant at least a fraction of the alien 3 defenders on this board will maybe realize how killing major characters in between movies is shit writing.

But alas, some will stick to their justifications of "hurr alien is dark series its supposed to be mean!"
>>
How do they beat the ayylmao?
>>
>>82598039
>David gains access to the colonists' cryosleep quarters where he regurgitates two facehugger embryos and leaves them with the sleeping colonists.

wat an asshole
>>
>>82598039
This is some Lucas tier franchise ruining shit
>>
>>82598570

They blast it into space via air lock.

I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>82598662
Lame

Did the ayylmao kill colonists?
>>
>>82598685
its a fucking slaughter of cannon fodder as usual

the movie is just BAD, there's no ways around it
>>
How could David do all this shit if he's got no body?
>>
>>82598039
why do the engineers look different? were they rape babies?
>>
Wait so I heard that normal gunz kill white ayys and that there are three different ayylmaos in the movie?
>>
It's true. All of it.
>>
>>82598812

Just Neomorphs and the Xenomorph (Protomorph?)
>>
File: quentin.jpg (296KB, 3000x1850px) Image search: [Google]
quentin.jpg
296KB, 3000x1850px
Is this faggot really being built up into the 'villain' of these movies?
>>
File: Alien.jpg (55KB, 500x231px) Image search: [Google]
Alien.jpg
55KB, 500x231px
>>82599398
u have no idea
>>
classic hackley
>>
>>82598570
>>82598685
>>82598812
could you talk like an actual human being?
>>
>>82598151
It's because there might be a film covering that time period between Prometheus and Covenant
>>
>>82600827
can any1 say FILLER
>>
File: 1489793554362.jpg (12KB, 241x314px) Image search: [Google]
1489793554362.jpg
12KB, 241x314px
>>82598039
>Xenomorphs came from wasps
Fuck this shit. What made them so interesting was the mystery surrounding them. Should have left it a mystery, Scott, you fucking hack. Blompkamp's Alien would have been the better choice after all.
>>
>>82598039
>>82598243
You have to go back, namefag.
>>
>>82600640
What, are they smoking opium?
>>
>>82600640

DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>82600900
>>82600913
They're playing the flute.
>>
File: chavomorph.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
chavomorph.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>82600873

>Blompkamp's Alien would have been the better choice after all.

MUH COLONIAL MARINES
>>
nooooooooo not noomi :(
>>
>>82598039
>Davey made xenos from wasps

Why were there xeno murals in prometheus then
>>
If David created the xenomorphs, then why was there a wall sculpture of one in Prometheus?
>>
File: 1494391211035.png (260KB, 484x605px) Image search: [Google]
1494391211035.png
260KB, 484x605px
>a butthurt robot made xenomorphs for no raisin

Epic mythology
>>
>>82601242

Are you stupid?

Scott is a proven hack, I'd rather take a risk with Blomkamp. It's not like we haven't had a bad Alien film before. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>82598039
Why did Shaw even bring David with her in the first place?
>>
>>82598740
Muh cannon
>>
>>82601461
because she was a saint
>>
>>82601425
>let's replace a washed-up director with one who's never made a good movie
how about getting a director that doesn't suck? or better yet, stop making alien films entirely
>>
>>82600873
They don't. The wasps are just previous failed experiments. I don't think the film explained how David made the Xenomorph eggs, and in any case we don't know how the black was made in the first place.
>>
Someone give me a quick rundown on cool death scenes AKA the only reason to go see these trash flicks
>>
>>82601425
>Scott is a hack
>but the director of Chappie isn't
>>
>>82601461
I don't see the issue with her bringing David, but at least just bring his disembodied head. Why give him a body? It should've been clear from Prometheus that he can't be trusted.
>>
>>82601378
>>82601385

The planet that the movie is sets in is the engineer's homeworld. David managed to replicate xenomorph's DNA with existing DNA in the homeworld, although the xenomorphs produced are not perfect, grotisque and requires DNA of a compatible host (such as a human) to propagate. He was also busy exploring the fauna and animals of the Engineer's homeworld and that he was also fusing the black goo with select organisms (plant or animal) to produce new distinct species. (carl Linnaeus)
>>
>>82598039
i love how these shill interns aren't even trying to act anymore like the shit they're shilling for isn't just complete shit.

>"THIS LE BAD BROZ XD I GOTTA GO SEE HOW BAD IT IS GOT TO BUY A TICKET GOT TO BUY ONE A TICKET GOT TO BUY BUY BUY"
>>
>>82601561
She needed someone to fly the ship while she went into hypersleep on the way to the engineer planet
>>
File: pepi.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepi.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>82598039

>the earlist xenomorph came about after using black goo to create a parasitic wasp that irl already exists on planet earth right now....now that's ALIEN
>>
>Fassbender continuously fucks over everyone and nobody notices: the series
>>
File: 1478907564147.jpg (24KB, 347x344px) Image search: [Google]
1478907564147.jpg
24KB, 347x344px
>>82601599
>OK so you gooped my husband and got him crispy fried with three kinds of spices got everyone else killed and totalled the mission completely but if I take a nap for a few decades you've got my back right? You promise you wont do anything weird?
>>
>>82598619
>facehugger embryos

I thought face huggers came out of eggs, presumably they develop inside the egg until maturity and will exit the egg when a host is near....are these proto face huggers that don't need eggs?
>>
>>82601716
In the movie, the emrbyos are placed in a cryogenic drawer contaning a set of human emrbyos. Not all of the spaces were occupied as there were expired human embryos due to an accident earlier in the movie leaving vacant spots. David just placed the alien embryos in those vacant along with the human embryos. The alien embryos will grow into full sized xenomorphs.
>>
File: 1449339504210.jpg (17KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1449339504210.jpg
17KB, 251x242px
so weiland yutani tried to cuck mankind with new alien tech by sending a group that got wiped out but the android survived and started cucking mankind instead so yutani send another ship that gets cucked, even more cucking happens before alien and then during alien the group gets cucked by said cuckening which was the result of yutani trying to cuck but geting cucked themselves and now they are stuck within a self inflicted cycle of never ending cucking?
>>
>>82601683
Shaw reprogrammed David to be non-hostile in the process of building his body. Unfortunately, David managed to recover his evil self eventually.
>>
>>82600873
>What made them so interesting was the mystery surrounding them.

No. Nobody cares about the "mystery."
Nobody cares about the origin.
They're just cool looking monsters.
>>
>>82601845

The xenomorph quite literally represents black cock.
>>
>>82601824

so whoever opens the embryo drawer won't notice there's some goofy looking non human ones?
>>
>>82598280
>>>the aliens in the first movies were invented by some human robot
Name one (1) scene from Alien or Aliens to support this statement.
>>
>>82601965
You think too much, just turn your brain off dude
>>
>>82601845
Get help
>>
>>82598334
>They'll never explain exactly what the fuck the black goo is or why it was on the other planet
It's a bioweapon.
The other question doesn't really need an answer.
>>
>>82601991
kill yourself
>>
File: blomkampvision.jpg (100KB, 1000x582px) Image search: [Google]
blomkampvision.jpg
100KB, 1000x582px
>>82601425

>YO RIPLEY LETS FOK UP THESE FOKKIN DWANKY ALIENS! DJ HI-TEK DROP A SICK FOKKIN BEAT AND LET'S DO THIS SHITT!
>>
>>82601965
Everyone is in cryosleep except evil david.

That's how the movie ended.
>>
giving back the franchise to ridley scott was a mistake
>>
>>82601845

>weiland originally travels to far off planet just because the owner is old, and gonna die, and wants to see if our creators can make him immortal, or give him more life, etc.
>assuming nothing is preknown about black goo at this point
>mission goes to shit
>lone android gets hands on black goo
>creates alien out of it

So at some point in this universe, David, or someone else on one of these trips managed to contact weyland corp and say

>hey there's a really cool murderous monster here we should weaponize, or and old man weyland died a long time ago.

And then somehow weyland knew there was a crashed ship on a planet that had some killer monster eggs they could go get.

What a dumb "cinematic universe"
>>
>>82601483

District 9, and I think Blomkamp could be reigned in with a good script.
>>
>>82602073

>cinematic universe

except it's not.
Aliens, Alien 3 and Resurrection are not canon
>>
>>82598039
What a fucking joke.

Ridley Scott is a fucking hack, literally Lucas-tier grasp of story telling.
>>
>>82602032

soo...assuming there's a sequel at some point

>they get to new uninhabited planet to populate
>david hides the ayy embryos before anyone else wakes up
>he also has to kill anyone that suspects his identity
>so aside from the girl there's what, one other survival from covenant?
>so daivd gets to experiment on them and the human embryos some more until they're all dead
>he sends a distress call for more humans to come
>continue the robot deception and experiments
>>
>>82602124
>District 9
is amateurish shit
>>
>>82602136

Even if you exclude those 3, we still have 3 movies: Alien, prometheus and covenant, and then the movie that will take place between prometheus and covenant..
>>
>>82602073

Lol weyland industries does not know anything about what happened to the crew of prometheus. The new movie is about a group of colonists who were supposed to travel to their designated planet to habitate but changed course to the engineer's homeworld due to a random space related accident while traveling in cryosleep. Although the designated plaent that they were supposed to travel would require them to be in cryosleep for another 7 and a half years, which none of the crew would want, they opted to explore the engineer's homeworld instead as it was closer, more suitable with life and the time of travel is 4 and a half weeks. It's interesting to note that during their initial scan for a habitable planet, the engineer's homeworld was absent.
>>
File: ahahahah.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
ahahahah.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>82598039
>>82598151
>Oh no! Characters should be invincible Mary sues/Gary stues in sci-fi horror movies!

The cunt absolutely deserved it for trusting a robot with no morals.

Weyland-Yutani synths were all garbage until they got to the bishop model in Aliens.
>>
>>82602204

>the movie that will take place between prometheus and covenant

there's also some prequel novel by Alan Dean Foster, in addition to the novelization. that might've been what was meant by the "in-between" part, rather than an actual movie.

it comes out in September, maybe.
>>
>>82602073
Personally, if I was WY, I would be way more interested in the black goo than the xenomorph. I would think that research into that shit would be way more useful as a weapon. It's basically the G-Virus.
>>
>>82598151
The little girl dies? Come the fuck on. I kinda liked her.
>>
David doesn't make any fucking sense now.

In Prometheus he's a loyal follower to Peter Weyland, and Peter Weyland is searching for immortality. He infects Holloway too see what this black goo does to people. He doesn't really fuck over the crew beyond that.

Killing Shaw and wanting to make Xenomorphs is just straight up dickery and he has no reason to do that. At least fucking over the Engineers kinda makes sense since they killed Weyland.
>>
>>82602299

Maybe no one ever told them about the goo, by the time anyone contacted them david has used all the goo up and there was only aliens running around.
>>
>>82598039
>However, Walter, whom Daniels previously confided in, does not understand this, and Daniels realises that she is talking to David, who has taken Walter's place
>As Daniels enters cryosleep
So, what, he couldn't not go into cryosleep after he found out the dude he was talking to was someone else entirely?
>>
>>82602017
>The xeno CGI would have used the exact same skeletal rig as the fookin prawns, the Elysium robopolice, and Chappie
>>
>>82602361
The way he sees it wouldn't be that he killed Shaw but that he sacrificed her in the same way Weyland did.
>>
>>82601898
I'd program the ship to fly itself back to earth and put myself to hypersleep before I'd take my chances with that psychopath.
>>
>>82602163

The xenomorphs are intelligent creatures which they do not receive much credit for, atleast to David which he considers as a perfect lifeforms. Xenomorphs are capable of sustaining a rational coexistence with another lifeform as long as you trust them and you regard them as your equal which if you fail, you'll fall into the prey category. In the movie, David was trying to establish a connection with a xenomorph which was standing in two legs, telling it to slowly breathe through its nostrils, and then momentarily afterwards, it was shot by another crew member. After this event, David turned against the crew.

I think xenomorphs can be tamed and thus non-hostile. Atleast that was David was trying to prove.

Probably in the new world, the full potential of the xenomorphs would be revealed. After all, they have not yet fully evolved, atleast to David's understanding.
>>
File: 1376770415938.gif (2MB, 350x194px) Image search: [Google]
1376770415938.gif
2MB, 350x194px
did noimi really died, did david experiment on her?

if yes that really sad
>>
>>82601900
You loved Aliens, didn't you?
>>
What's that? You like the mystery and cosmic horror of Alien?

Too bad! A robot did it.
>>
File: wikusland-yutani.jpg (73KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wikusland-yutani.jpg
73KB, 800x450px
>>82602463

BUILDIN BETTER FOOKIN WORLDS
>>
>Weiland Yutani can make androids that are stronger, more intelligent, and pretty much indestructible
>still looks for a source of immortality

just transfer your mind to an android
>>
>>82601517
>we don't know how the black was made in the first place.

Nor do we care, because it's an absolutely retarded plot device that is neither consistent nor imaginative.
>>
>Elizabeth Shaw became the first victim of a facehugger

But the engineer already got facehugged by the giant octopus in Prometheus?
>>
>>82602569
It was a fine action movie.
>>
>>82598334
But is wheat man made?
>>
>>82602652

Forget that, that wasn't actually part of the Alien ™ cinematic universe
>>
>>82598039
So just like Terminator, this franchise ends after the second? Good to know.
>>
>>82602361

It could be - and I'm reaching here, I haven't seen the movie nor do I trust Scott to employ intelligent writing - that David understood Weyland's motivation so well he also accepted it as his own. Weyland's mission was to gain immortality after he had already created life, to essentially become God. It's possible David also adopts this god complex, desperate to create the perfect organism since as an android he already basically has immortality.

Speaking of which, why didn't Weyland just have his mind and personality transferred to an android instead of flying across space and getting murdered by a giant albino?
>>
File: 1481473703317.png (411KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1481473703317.png
411KB, 640x476px
>It's another small group of humans go to a new/recently colonized world and come across a spooky spaceship that has alien eggs in them, but they don't know what it is and the audience pretends they don't already know its the Aliens™ then a few of them get facehugged', then chestbursted', then the big alien(s) start killing the team off one by one until a final deathmatch between the last human with only one of the surviving - flick
Man, the Aliens series is creatively bankrupt. This is the best they could do?
>>
>>82601242
The most savage Alien ever.
>>
>>82602792
hollywood doesn't exactly reward creativity.
>>
File: Jeri-waiter1.jpg (199KB, 740x429px) Image search: [Google]
Jeri-waiter1.jpg
199KB, 740x429px
>>82602551
>I think xenomorphs can be tamed and thus non-hostile.

Oh god please let this happen my sides would never recover.
>>
>>82598619
Yeah, He should've just reguritated trite old memes instead. He could have been one of us.
>>
File: wait what.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wait what.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>82602688

NOT ANYMORE

>>82602765

>Speaking of which, why didn't Weyland just have his mind and personality transferred to an android instead of flying across space and getting murdered by a giant albino?

that "Meet Walter" video made me think they were going this way.
>>
File: concept-009.jpg (193KB, 1777x844px) Image search: [Google]
concept-009.jpg
193KB, 1777x844px
>>82602815

>Ripley, meet fookin' Wikus and fookin Chappie. they're totally safe!
>>
>>82602792
>Man, the Aliens series is creatively bankrupt. This is the best they could do?

Yes, it's the exact same every single time, even in the comics. It will always contain the same tropes as either Alien or Aliens, or Alien:resurrection.

>somehow an egg gets left behind and finds its way into a bunch of humans in an enclosed space
>insane scientists
>space jews who sacrifice people for profit
>stronk women
>>
>>82602699
And some people wouldn't even say the second is good enough.
>>
>>82602551

I don't think I could coexist with an animal that gestates inside my species and bursts forth from it killing it violently.
>>
>>82602551

autismo. why dont you get a real job instead of fanfiction shilling?
>>
>>82602895
I hate this "lets train zombies//aliens/dinosaurs and use them as weapons, what could go wrong" theme so much
>>
>>82598552
Difference is that nobody really liked Shaw. She had even less characterization than Newt and Hicks. She was basically a prop for the movie.
>>
>>82601401
>Epic mythology

Yeah, there's nothing alien or mysterious about Alien now. It's all just B-movie tripe now.
>>
>>82602699
Its a good thing they only made 1 Matrix and 3 Star Wars too. Any more would have just sucked old man balls..
>>
>>82602901
Alien never leant itself well to franchising, it was a pretty straightforward slasher flick with a very creative antagonist. Aliens was pretty much just Alien turned up to 11.
>>
Just got out of the movie. Ask me anything
>>
>>82603308
how did it feel to live inside the movie?
>>
>>82598039
the most advanced civilization in the galaxy, the engineers, killed by a robot, did they all succumb to religious idiocracy in the last 2000 years and vowed never to leave their home planet or something?
>>
>>82598039
and people said it was Lindelof's fault prometheus was shit
>>
>>82600873
They couldn't have because the Derelict from the first Alien was ancient and already has normal Xenomorph eggs on them.
>>
File: 98-1-1399675521.jpg (83KB, 870x1024px) Image search: [Google]
98-1-1399675521.jpg
83KB, 870x1024px
>>82602815
its a synth made to looklike a xeno.. you dungus.
>>
>>82598039
i got some questions:
>who is Oram?
>shaw is noomi rapecci right?
>is daniels the new meme girl, daughter of that dude from law and order?
>>
>>82600873
Blompkamp is the biggest hack there is. District 9 was good but everything since makes it seem like a fluke retroactively.
His Alien film would have just been fanservice garbage.
Scott may be a hack now too, but in his time he had genuine vision, and if anybody should be allowed to tank his property it should be him.
>>
>>82602638
Then you run into the situation of whether Android you is really you or if it's just a copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxucpPq6Lc
>>
>>82598039
Wow this sounds like dogshit
>>
>>82602895
I'm glad this won't happen. It would have been worse than any convoluted xeno evolution shit Ridley pulls
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.