[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rey theory thread.***** I like reincarnation best. It explains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Rey theory thread.*****

I like reincarnation best. It explains Rey's "Mary Sue" powers. It fits in eastern religious tone of original films. It ties into ep 1-3 with Anakin's fatherless birth.
>>
File: IMG_9381.jpg (86KB, 640x746px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9381.jpg
86KB, 640x746px
She is nobody. Kylo is the last Skywalker. Her purpose is that she's Kylo/Ben Solo's soulmate and the one destined to bring him back to the light. That's why the lightsaber called to her. It's why Rey has dreamt about Kylo even before she left Jakku according the novelization. Why they have a mysterious connection and his loyalty to Snoke seems to waver around her. Maz says whoever she was waiting for (her family) is never coming back

>"But there’s someone who still could, with your help."

Rey assume she means Luke and so does the audience. But she was actually talking about Kylo. He could still come back to the light with Rey's help.
>>
She the reincarnation of "The One" the first person to discover the force. She was part of a brother / sister team.

Snoake is the first person to weild the power of the dark side. Disney is already setting this up with one of their recent EU novels. In that story Sheev hears a voice calling to him from the outer rim territories. That voice is Snoake. This whole back story, of a "bigger bad guy" is based on an idea George Lucas and Gary Marshal had in the 1980s for a potential Star Wars sequel trilogy.

The Jedi were tricked into thinking Anakin was the chosen one. Even Yoda admits they may have misread the prophecy. Disney is going to expand on this idea, and in doing so they'll change the tone of the PT. No longer will a child killer be "the chosen one." It's also more sympathetic towards Anakin because now we see he was never in charge of his own life. His whole existence was one big manipulation
>>
>>82591281

When Rey tells Kylo that he fears he will never be as powerful as Darth Vader she's actually predicting a big moment in Kylo's story.

Kylo will sacrifice himself in Episode IX. He and Rey will team up to defeat Snoke (dark and light together, this is a very important theme).

In this battle he will sacrifice himself, just as his father did and his grandfather did before him, to save Rey and defeat the enemy.

At this moment, he WILL be as powerful as Darth Vader.
>>
>>82591326
So you think Rey's a Skywalker?
>>
>>82591400
No. I think the Skywalker part of the story is all about Kylo. It's all about how Skywalker's sacrifice themselves for the greater good. It's fairly likely that Luke will die in this movie, probably sacrificing himself to save others. Just like his mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi.
>>
>>82591522
No way do they end the Skywalker bloodline completely, that's way too bleak. If Kylo dies it's going to have to be after he impregnates somebody.
>>
>>
>>82591574
Disney and Kennedy keep hinting that the 1-9 story arc is all about the Skywalkers. I imagine when they do more films they will be about someone else.
>>
>>82591629
Me too but I still don't think they'll kill off the Skywalkers completely. Kylo having a kid leaves more potential for future stories, even if they do other movies centered on other characters at the same time. Disney CEO said they had ideas for 15 more years of SW movies. There's room for a lot of different things to happen there, and people love the Skywalker family. Disney knows it.
>>
>>82591718
Do you know how they've retconned Thrawn in the new Disney EU cannon? (Through books, merchandise and the Rebels TV series)

They're now going to do the same thing with Darth Revan, and they're going to do it based on something Luke Skywalker learns in his time on that Island.
>>
wasnt she confirmed kenobi
>>
>>82591759

Luke discovered a secret about the Jedi order dating back to the time of the Old Republic. He learns that the old Jedi actually embraced the force as a whole. This leads to his "grey Jedi" teachings.

Luke teaches Rey to be a Jedi, but not in the traditional light vs dark way, and then he dies.

Rey and Kylo team up to destroy Snoke in Ep IX. Kylo sacrifices himself just like Vader did in ROTJ. (He finally becomes as strong as Darth Vader.)

Rey goes on to found the new Jedi order, just as Snoke predicts in TFA.
>>
>>82591771

It's most likely. It's also very likely that she wasn't abandoned on Jakku, but rather hidden there so she wouldn't get discovered by Snoke.
>>
>>82591783
Luke's "grey Jedi" discovery is set during the era of the Old Republic, and it's referenced in much the same way that Obi-Wan and Leia reference the Clone Wars in Star Wars. It's a set up for what will come after the Skywalker Saga. The Old Republic trilogy.
>>
>>82591783
>he still thinks they're going to kill off all the skywalkers
no way. but add kylo knocking up rey offscreen and this is otherwise solid. either that or rey's skywalker herself.
>>
>>82592020
MSW talked about this actually.

>"What if she marries Kylo or they get together and then now, she’s not really Luke’s daughter, but she’s his niece and she’s basically a Skywalker through the bloodline, the lineage."
>>
>>82592020
Skywalker saga ends in EpIX
>>
>>82592113
just means the movies centered on them will end, not that the skywalkers will be wiped from the SW universe forever.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.