[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it seem like every film is a box office bomb these days,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: he loves it.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
he loves it.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
Why does it seem like every film is a box office bomb these days, What happened to the mid-budget film? This doesn't seem like a sustainable model anymore
>>
>>82590198
>What happened to the mid-budget film?
They come out in every season that isn't Summer. It has always been like this.
>>
>>82590198
Most movies are shit.
Wait for current movie bubble to pop, I'm sure the continuous assault of Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies will kill it.
>>
>>82590198
1.) It's easier to avoid paying royalties and taxes when everyone thinks your file bombed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

2.) The internet hate machine loves hyperbole
>>
>>82590198
Because who the fuck goes to the movies anymore? In the 90s and before the internet was new and slow, and people didn't have access to so much entertainment so easily.
Now, there's really no point to go to the movies unless you want to rage at niggers and normies.
>>
>>82590845
>Because who the fuck goes to the movies anymore?
Exactly, it's really nice going to the theater and being the only one there. Plus they can't turn you away for being single, because then they'd get literally no customers. Then you can enjoy a whole movie to yourself, even giving your own audio commentary on what's happening. You're the only one there so no one's going to pissed at your autism.
>>
>>82590198
>mid-budget film
You mean like The Founder or Silence? What are you talking about? There's a lot of films in the 10-50 mil range.
>>
>>82591206
Both those films bombed
>>
>>82591364
I don't think those kinds of films make money in cinema, they probably make money at home.
>>
>>82590198

Literally dead until they start making them available for viewing day one through streaming and download services.

No one goes to the cinema to see them anymore.

They may once the blockbuster bubble bursts and more of them are produced but I think it's unlikely.

Digital release is the future for films like that.
>>
>>82590198
gobbled up by netflix/amazon or otherwise independent
I don't think netflix movies even get a theatrical release
>>
>>82590198
Why would they do that to mr. whisker?
Thats a sure way yto have your cat hate you
>>
>>82590198
It the era of the cape movies,they dont really have much content in them pick up a comic once and you would know.
Its full of edgy shit but you got to work with with what you have since people love them.
So what does one do,throw piles of cash at actors and CGI and make real money.
Small studios cant compete with that,only veteran directors and companies like A24 are taking risks that dont always pay off.

Also
Money laundering.
>>
>>82591721
Im noticing trend with those,most of them have legit good writing and story but the set and actors are always sub par.
>>
>>82591364
Aren't R rated comedies still doing well? 21 Jump Street, Spy, etc. I think Baywatch/that upcoming ScarJo movie fits also. those Kevin Hart movies probably do well enough too
>>82591763
Ears aren't flat and pointing back, he's fine
>>
Basically what happened is the budgets doubled across the board, and today's mid-budget movies have very bare looking productions with less sets, props, location shoots and effects shots etc. than the same inflation adjusted budget would've bought you 30 years ago.
>>
>>82591830
>Money laundering.
I've begun to suspect this as well
Movie's budgets now are ridiculously inflated, like to the point they add in costly cgi shit that barely contribute to the quality of the film, if anyone even notices them. Then you add in the cost of actually shooting, and all the trivial shit that they just piss away money on, if feel like they are artificially inflating the cost of how much a movie SHOULD cost to make. Another argument is they do this to prevent smaller fries from being able to actually handle the production costs keeping the control of most valuable material relatively small number of hands.
>>
>>82592041
Do studios even disclose how they get their funding?
Even when you factor the ridiculous money drug addicts like Robert what his name is getting,the marketing budget isnt really there since studios already own all the marketing agencies and tv stations.
Plus all employees are already on a fixed salary calculated upfront.
Many things dont make sense but who knows.
>>
>>82590238
Fall/Winter is when these movies are released
>>
>>82592041
>costly cgi shit
Hollywood CGI has been outsourced to digital sweatshops in Mumbai for years, the few prestigious american studios can't work on every movie.
>>
>>82592122
>Hollywood CGI has been outsourced to digital sweatshops in Mumbai for years
This.
I even have one in my vicinity that doesnt even appear on vfxworldmap.com and they were working on Hollywood movie.
>>
>>82590198
If they start making good films all the time, they'd have to actually try.
If they flood us with shit then people get dumber and easier to please.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.