[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: homer chew.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
homer chew.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel isn't realistic enough!"
>>
File: 1440028889724.jpg (45KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
1440028889724.jpg
45KB, 540x380px
>how did those idiots not see it coming?
>>
>>82588704
This is a legitimate criticism if they're inconsistent with the rules though

Bioshock infinite, for example, where time travel puts you in the position of your past self sometimes but other times you're a separate entity
>>
>>82588704
well, some movies completely butcher time travel with bullshit, that is just insulting to human conceptions of cause and effect
most time travel movies don't really make sense, but i can live with most,
but Looper really fuckign triggered me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqe8Xq6LBQ
>>
>>82588704
its more like "the time travel in the movie dosnt conform to my perception and concept of how time travel would work if infact time travel were possible my understanding of it is vastly differant than what has been portrayed and i find it difficult to maintain suspension of disbelif due to contrast of theory"
>>
>>82588704
It's part of the
>le im such a nerd
phenomenon, where everyone thinks it so quirky that they know very basic physics. Criticism is only acceptable if it's inconsistent within the rules of the movie, as >>82588842 said.
>>
>>82588842
you have to go back /v/edditor
>>
>>82588964
If he was an older version of himself, wouldn't he remember getting kidnapped?
>>
>>82588704
>make sci-fi movie
>forgot about the sci part

Who fucked up there?
>>
File: fusion time.jpg (138KB, 668x680px) Image search: [Google]
fusion time.jpg
138KB, 668x680px
>>82590434
>if his younger version was killed wouldn't his older version just never existed?
>if his older version never existed there wouldn't be any reason for his younger self to be killed

it's an inherent time travel movie flaw. The execution in this fucking movie is just fucking horrific. And even all of the non time travel stuff doesn't make any sense. The only good part is the joseph Gordon levitt - bruce willis face merge
>>
>>82588842
As much as I agree you clearly werent payimg much attention as the game explains your specific gripe

Sometimes you are in a quantum superposition - i.e. present but not creating a direct imposition upon time. Only omniscient beings like the ginger twins and Elizabeth at the end of the game know how to do this.

Other times you are creating an Imposition, i.e. changing time, which can be done from a third-person vantage if one is simply travelling through rips in spacetime, or Quantum Leap stylee if you're put there by someone from a quantum superposition
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.