[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the only Engineer in Prometheus was killed by the squid then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 21

File: 95b17e75a2e615f7f5282218049d81fa.jpg (289KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
95b17e75a2e615f7f5282218049d81fa.jpg
289KB, 1200x802px
If the only Engineer in Prometheus was killed by the squid then who is this joker and how does he have the Xenomorph eggs.
Will Covenant explain?
>>
>>82570613
I hope it doesn't explain tbqh
>>
>>82570613
>build this as a random cool atmospheric setpiece because giger made an awesome painting like that
>oh now i have to make seven prequel sequels to explain how that got there

was it literally autism?
>>
>they reveal it's david

will drop the entire franchise desu
>>
Spoilers for Covenant make it sound like nothing is explained. The answers left for the next movie, or the one after that.

This movie appears to just be the origin of the xenomorph.
>>
>>82570613
For every question that Prometheus answered, it raised 2 more. I doubt covenant will explain it all, but Ridley has said that the his next movie won't take 5 years like the gap between Prometheus and covenant. He better have all of this shit written down, because he's going to die soon.
>>82570690
No. Both Alien and Prometheus are miles better than the other movies.
>m-muh Aliens!
That movie is okay, but it doesn't reflect what the xenomorph is supposed to represent; it's only redeeming aspect is the design of the queen.
>>
>>82570613
The Space Jockey was fossilized, so it probably originated when there were more Engineers.
>>
>>82570799
Prometheus is garbage aside from the setting dude
>>
>>82570799
Aliens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ALien.

This is undisputable fact, kid.
>>
>>82570878
reverse contrarianism is still retarded
>>
if its in the future why they did not check atmosphere like in prequels and take out their helmets?
>>
>>82570937
Aliens has so much more depth to it but if dumb slasher horror flicks are your thing I could see why you'd prefer Alien.
>>
File: 8d9cf_ORIG-bucky.jpg (32KB, 520x580px) Image search: [Google]
8d9cf_ORIG-bucky.jpg
32KB, 520x580px
>>82570878
>>
>>82570853
I just watch Prometheus again last night, and you're wrong. The entire movie is great. Sure, it could have done some things better, but it's an overall great movie.
>>82570878
Alien>Prometheus>Aliens>Alien 3>Alien Resurrection

I imagine Covenant will be in between Prometheus and Aliens (which is fan fiction garbage, btw)
>>
>>82570973
>Aliens has so much more depth to it
I don't see how.
>>
File: 1469059497648.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1469059497648.png
1MB, 1920x816px
>>82570973
I like Aliens, but Alien is a better film in almost every way
>dumb slasher flick
kek, find a slasher film that's anywhere near as atmospheric and masterfully shot as Alien, the only ones I can think of that come anywhere close are Halloween and TCM
>>
>>82570770
how delusional is ridley if he thinks he'll be around when the next alien comes?
>>
>>82570973
Aliens was just like a ridiculous action film. Alien was a masterpiece. kys
>>
>>82571174
I'm sure he has it all planned out.
Only Ridley directed films are canon btw
>>
>>82571081
I watched it again last week myself and I'm pretty sure you have shit taste, literally everything from the characters, plot and acting is giving terrible
>>
>>82570613
I'm pretty sure originally he was just an explorer who served as a cautionary Warning to those came across him

I also think his design was gigers version of baron harkonnen from dune supposedly he'd already made some designs for it
>>
>>82571172
>kek, find a slasher film that's anywhere near as atmospheric and masterfully shot as Alien, the only ones I can think of that come anywhere close are Halloween and TCM
the first 2 nightmare on elm streets
>>
>>82571226
Perhaps you aren't a kino connoisseur like myself?
>>
>>82571226

>is giving terrible

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>82571082
Vietnam War Allegory and the way it delves into the complexities of motherhood.

It is an underrated gem that just happens to go over a lot of peoples heads. A real shame.
>>
File: ramming speed.webm (3MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
ramming speed.webm
3MB, 1280x532px
>>82570853
>Prometheus is garbage aside from the setting dude
The visuals / FX and the sound effects were all excellent, and most of the shots were beautiful. The overall tone of the movie was amazing when you weren't watching the characters act retarded. Weyland's old-man makeup was shit but everything else looked great.

The only really bad thing about it was the writing (which is a pretty huge deal, yes). David was the only well-written character.
>>
>>82571255
Pretty good flicks, but not even in the same ballpark as Alien
NOES 3 is the best tho
>>
>>82571324
What Xbox game is that?
>>
>>82571324
Why did they kill themselves just like that, so stupid
>>
>>82570730
but this would save the entire franchise you cuck.
>>
>>82571466
It was the only way to take down the alien ship that was headed to earth. How else do you think they were going to take it down?
>>
>>82570799
>He better have all of this shit written down, because he's going to die soon.
feels bad man
>>
>>82571503
>>82571503
how is that?

from elephant alien to human made robot

please
>>
>>82571316
You can find a similar level of depth in Alien, though.
>>
>>82570799
>Prometheus
>miles better

Prometheus is universally accepted as dog shit.
>>
>>82571081
>The entire movie is great
[citation needed]
>>
>>82571504
It was stupid. No one would do that
>>
>>82571324
What was the tone of the movie and what made it amazing?
>>
>>82571581
>elephant
no, elephant was retconned for an engineer, which is super boring. only way to save this origin shit would be that david converted himself into some sort of artificial alien queen monstrosity (elephant lad), a host for aliens, using human and engineer dna. he tried to do that with shawn but she died in the process, so he did it to himself.
>>
>>82570613
David engineered the xeno egg system based on its experiments on Shaw's corpse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9WRDu9EcZw
>>
File: Ancient Aliens.webm (3MB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Aliens.webm
3MB, 720x300px
>>
>>82571651
Clearly they did you fucking retard.
>>82571670
I've never understood why people think that retconning the elephant man is a bad idea. It was clear from the very first alien movie that it's a suit of some sort and prometheus answered that question of who is inside the suit? What your proposing is fucking stupid and makes no sense. How and why would David, a fucking robot, convert himself into an organic life for resembling the suits of the Engineers? If he could convert himself, why wouldn't he try to make himself the perfect specimen? If anything, it makes more sense for him to try and make himself into a fucking xenomorph rather than a stupid suit.

>>82571804
kino
>>
Fucking Ridley Scott looks better now than he did before.
>>
>>82571844
No. Rebecca calls up and tells them to commit suicide and the crew does it seconds after not even thinking it through
>>
>>82571614
And Marvel movies are universally accepted as great in most places. Universally accepted on 4chan doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>82570613
What if he was a part of the ship, cybernetically? Could be cool if it was of some really otherworldly slave race with another echelon of masters from some dark alt universe. Real Gigeresque shit.
>>
>>82570878

are you actually retarded or you just pretending?
>>
>>82571844
>It was clear from the very first alien movie that it's a suit of some sort
it was a fucking elephant creature, not a suit, he died fucking screaming, suits dont scream nor have a tongue, did you even watch the movie?

david could have done what i said, he has a mission, which we dont know yet, but we know he needs to create xenos at all costs.
>>
>>82572274
that makes a lot of sense in universe. lots more than le upset bald albino man.
>>
>>82570878
dude just go back to your thread you are pathetic
>>
>>82572773
Yea wish it would happen
>>
>>82572776
I don't have a thread, you wierdo.
>>
>>82571664
It's hard to describe the tone. It felt intriguing and wondrous one moment, and and then oppressive and frightening the next. It was bizarre and alien as they explored the new & unknown setting, yet at the same time it felt comfortably familiar from being based in the same universe as Alien. The tone overall was reminiscent of that of Alien.

I never said that the movie was good. On the contrary, I think it was pretty bad - ruined by the plot and the characters. But the reason everyone loved the promos and trailers so much before it came out is because of the tone they expressed. The pre-release hype for the movie was tremendous because of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dSkf06yCvU
>>
>>82571081
>All scientist from the "ho the big worm, let me touch it" biologist to the "I choose to believe is a perfectly valid scientific method" main character are incompetent
>The people who are mapping the ship and in permanent communication with the command center which have location and map of the place manage to get lost
Sure what a great movie
>>
>>82572935
>the reason everyone loved the promos and trailers so much before it came out is because of the tone they expressed
I understand what you mean. I think the movie did a good job of giving us that early on, too. It's a very well-shot, stylistic success. It just has a crap screenplay.
>>
File: Prometheus ship.webm (2MB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus ship.webm
2MB, 1200x500px
>>82572005
The captain had (somehow) figured out everything that was going on before anyone else had a clue. He didn't have to think-it-through when Shaw radioed him what that the alien ship was taking that shit to earth, because he already knew what was at stake. He knew he had to act immediately or it would likely be the end of humanity. The other pilots just followed his lead because they trusted him.
>>
>>82572935
I love the feel of the Alien movies. Even the games, like AvP 1 & 2 for PC, or Alien Isolation. It always feels so... comfy. You're right it is kind of hard to explain. Blade Runner had a nice tone to it as well. Great world-building.
>>
>>82570878
fag
>>
>>82571588
You can find similar level of depth in just about any movie. That anon is retarded who probably read an article about le hidden meanings on Buzzfeed or Reddit.
>>
>>82570613
How did they think that joke from Prometheus was ever going to pass as a retcon?

The designs are nothing alike, let alone the sheer scale. The one in the images arm looks the size of a man. But nope, grey humans in a suit.
>>
>>82570613
It's been retconned to hell and back. It's obvious the creature from Alien was not just some tall humanoid wearing a suit. It's also clear that it was fused with the seat/console, one of the crew members mentions this. The implication was that this was some kind of creature specifically bred or at least modified to be a pilot and operate the ship, kinda like the the guild navigators from Dune.
>>
>>82578239
>It's obvious the creature from Alien was not just some tall humanoid wearing a suit
No. That's clearly a skull, it looks like a skull to give you the impression that it's a skull, you can only see skulls on people that are dead
>>
What will you guys do if it turns out David was lurking on the engineer ship the whole time the crew from Alien was wandering around in it? Like, he was creeping somewhere spying on them.
>>
>>82571504
Tell the ship's advanced AI to ram itself into the Juggernaut.
Even if we ignore this, the fact that his two co-pilots decided to die with him is just fucking retarded.
>>
>>82577723
Who knows.
>>
>>82571804
Always liked this scene, but goddamn, DNA doesn't look like that.
>>
>>82579429
>Am I the only one
yes
the alien universe is amazing and has provided us with some awesome movies and games
>>
>>82579528
And how much shit stuff? The franchise is over, all decent stuff has been wrung out, let it go and die in peace
>>
>>82579622
Who cares about the shit stuff? Nobody's forcing you to see it. A shitty sequel does nothing to detract from the original; it can just be ignored.

Meanwhile I'm happy that the good stuff exists, even if none of it is *superior* to the original Alien. It still gives a lot of enjoyment if you are a fan of the atmosphere / universe of the original movie.

And the franchise is obviously not over, considering we are discussing ITT a movie in it that is about to come out.
>>
>>82579429
>have something good
>not wanting more
You're simply not a real Alien fan, faggot.
>>
>>82579429
>can I get someone to agree with my vapid patrician pandering tastes

No
>>
>>82570613
and why is said joker 3 times the size of the engineers in prometheus
>>
File: SPACE SUIT.webm (3MB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE SUIT.webm
3MB, 1280x534px
>>82580482
maybe it was a different model space suit that was bigger
>>
>>82580482
>>82570613
not the same ship
not the same pilot

who cares beyond that, not a plot hole
>>
Prometheus is filler by a senile director.
>>
>>82580482

This! Space Jockey is huge.
>>
>>82570690

The true is there was a backstory for the engeniers, even there was multiple stories for the space jockey, depending of the different versions of the scripts. There is a version with a humanoid alien, a version with a human from the company in a human ship with the eggs, a version with multiples engeniers skeletons.

The orginal script had a whole description about the space jockey, engeniers and the xenos as ritualistic biological weapon that was dropped because was too trippy and mistical for the main story: It was bad back then and no clue why is bring back again.
>>
>>82570613
He's a big exoskeleton
>>
File: Alien.jpg (676KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Alien.jpg
676KB, 770x1100px
>>82570799
>Both Alien and Prometheus are miles better than the other movies.

Prometheus is far from masterpiece and really far from good film.

Ridley Scott cant understand what make the first alien a classic. The first Alien is like a H.P. Lovecraft story in space, from the premise to the whole art direction. It dont explain the mistery of the ancient, just give you a glimpse of the unknown to make you wonder about origin of the horror.

Prometheus tries too hard to be like an Arthur C. Clarke story, with the whole concept about humans created as experiment by godlike extraterrestrials and that vibe to give you a significative revelation tu humanity. Pretty much every event is lifted from the original scrip for Alien (the head they bring to the ship, the vessels, the goo, the alien pyramid/dome, the statues, etc). They cut all that in the 70´s not only because it was bad and too mystic, but also because it was redundant and distract from the main story (also, budget)

Prometheus is a refurbished script, with some good ideas, but a lot of bad ideas. Why Scott bring a hack like Lindelof to write a script? no clue. Prometheus is like Lost, a good premise with a bad, really bad development.
>>
>>82581474
>Prometheus is filler by a senile director.

This, also the new bladerunner.
>>
File: 1331263364780.jpg (145KB, 688x701px) Image search: [Google]
1331263364780.jpg
145KB, 688x701px
>>82581254
>not the same ship
>not the same pilot
This is the actual answer, said in Prometheus. How the fuck 42 posters in this thread were clueless about that is just way too sad. Granted Prometheus was just a clusterfucks of events but come on, they made it obvious the ship they arrived to its different from the Alien one.
>>
File: IMG_7275.png (434KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7275.png
434KB, 1334x750px
Dead shaw

Dropped

No one can complain about Alien 3 after this when they literally remove the main bitch from prometheus like this
>>
File: IMG_7274.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7274.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>82582445
This is dumb, he used her body to make an egg? This is not alien
>>
>>82571581
>>82571503
The fossilized Engineer has a hole in its chest, a chest burster would need a living being, not a robot in order to burst out. It got face hugger'd and the AYYLMAO that we all know and love popped out, not the deacon thing from Prometheus, this engineer needed to have been exposed to an egg for that little popper to pop out the chest.

You know I'm right.
>>
>>82570690
Its called desperation
>>
>>82579429

To be honest, beside the original alien trilogy... The best thing out there is Alien Isolation, wich is better than prometheu and covenant.
>>
>>82582578
How many FUCKING TIMES??

Prometheus retconned the big beasts in seats aka Spacejockeys into human hominids that wore suits that made them look like the fossilised cadavar.

ERGO

THAT FOSSILIZED BEAST IS A MAN IN HIS SPACE ARMOR YOU STUPID FUCKING PRICK GO WATCH PROMETHEUS
>>
>>82570613
Look at that, the mystery, the whole idea of these beings. They should have never even mentioned it again at all.
>>
>>82583025
>Being this mad
>Mad at Prometheus being a piece of shit movie and AYYLMAO CUNTENANT also being shit
Stay mad you basement dwelling cock duster.
>>
man I really want Covenant to at least be enjoyable, please
>>
File: 1326663300783.jpg (32KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1326663300783.jpg
32KB, 413x395px
>>82570613
Story time fuckers.
That Engineer was found in LV-426. His ship crashed there and he was clearly a chestburster victim, meaning the xenomorphs we know already existed. There were no other bodies discovered, meaning the guy was alone, or the crew, if any, managed to escape. Possibly the crash occurred because of the xenomorph outbreak. A really long, long ass time passed between his death and its discovery, causing the body to fossilize.

Now to Prometheus. The ship was found in LV-223. The ship was intact, meaning it landed there without problems, approximately 2000 years before Shaw and co arrival. Its cargo was mostly the black goo, which means the xenomorph didnt exist yet. Reminder that the xenomorphs that we know are the results of a certain breeding process, including human DNA, they couldnt exist pre-Prometheus. We later find out that the black goo is a bioweapon to kill humanity for reasons unknown. The crew is dead, except for one guy, which we know as the guy who went apeshit mad.

In short, Prometheus and Covenant have absolutely nothing to do with the fossilized pilot and it remains a mystery.

>>82583025
You tell them mate, you are completely and totally right, Im sure. Pic related.
>>
>>82583284

>means the xenomorph didnt exist yet.

wrong because a xeno is seen in the mural in the structure on LV223
>>
So, anyone more informed care to tell me if the Alien Queens are no longer canon?

Man I really would have prefered Xenomorphs to remin partly of origins unknown, have the space jockeys capture some of their specimens from parts unknown in the galay, to use them as war dogs and have it backfire, oh wait, that's Alien 3 plot xDDD
>>
>>82583365
Not the xenomorphs that we know. What we know so far, is that black goo+living being=Xenomorph, you know, black thing, skelly, kind of sexy, with long ass head, etc. We will call this result a proto xeno. In the end, proto xeno is not the same breed of Xenomorph that we have seen in the aliens movies, it still has way to go in terms of evolution. So, Engineers created the black goo to create proto xenos (hence they know how they look like), but due to certain events they evolved from host to host til they reached xenomorph (Alien 1) status.
>>
>>82582445
Is that illustrator?
>>
i'm watching the movies chronologically, is Alien vs Predator a must watch? does it have something to do with the story?
>>
File: 7691786250_9a8f27a6ed_b.jpg (559KB, 948x1016px) Image search: [Google]
7691786250_9a8f27a6ed_b.jpg
559KB, 948x1016px
>>82583523
There we go, pic related, reminder I just called this guy proto xeno for the sake of simplification. Our pal here, by all means, is a xeno, except for small differences such as his head. This is important because its proof that its still not a "complete" xenomorph. Proto xeno has a pointy head and resembles more a humanoid body, our Xenomorph friends have a round long head and look more biomechanical.

So point still stands, Engineers knew the xeno result from goo+engineer DNA, basing the mural on them. But the complete xenomorph didnt exist back then, it needs human DNA and maybe other shit, I dont know if the xenos in Covenant are yet the complete version or not.
>>
>>82583523
>Not the xenomorphs that we know.

>moving goalposts
>>
>>82571614
Then the universe has pleb taste.
>>
>>82583681

>does it have something to do with the story?

It just establishes that the original Weyland guy was hunting after alien tech even back during the 2000's, and that Preds have been using Earth a hunting ground for thousands of years.

But Preds hunt things on hundreds of different planets, so earth being on their list isnt anything amazing.
>>
>>82583787
If you are lost or disagree feel free to say it, Im enjoying myself here, Aliens threads are comfy.
>>
>>82579393
Alien DNA does
>>
>>82582334
saw that drawing in an "Alien Day" competition. did it win?
>>
File: Predators were kangs.jpg (199KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
Predators were kangs.jpg
199KB, 1920x818px
>>82583907

Oh, the Alien vs. Pred moves also establish that what we know as "xenomorphs" have existed since before even ancient Aztec times. Preds have hunted them for thousands of years on earth.

Its also implied that Preds guided early humanity, and helped build all the huge things like Pyramids in ancient times.
>>
>>82584241
AvP is not canon though, not canon Alien-wise and not canon Predator-wise. At least they are fun as fuck.
>>
File: xeno sharks.jpg (1MB, 1680x2583px) Image search: [Google]
xeno sharks.jpg
1MB, 1680x2583px
I wonder how much more of that "non-canon" prometheus sequel comic they are going to borrow.

Apparently James Cameron really liked it, and used a bunch of stuff from it to make Alien:Covenant

>another crew shows up to see what happened to the ship in the Prometheus movie
>black goo has spread out from the crashed alien ship that rolled around
>goo has created plantlife and a big forest/jungle with strange xeno looking animals that live in it
>scientist injects some of the goo into their android to see what ti does to synethics
>goo adapts and starts turning the android into a crazed bio mechanical being that keeps getting smarter and smarter
>scientist escape from the mutant android guys and starts doing experiments with goo in a cave alone
>another crashed ship is found, but its infested with xenomorphs and a queen
>another engineer pops up and starts killing off the xenomorphs, I guess trying to wipe them out before they spread

>eventually a pred shows up to fight xenos, but finds the engineer and decides to fight him instead
>>
>>82584394

>AvP is not canon though, not canon Alien-wise and not canon Predator-wise.

Says who.
>>
>>82584562
Mostly? the fans. Not shitting on AvP, I love it, but its made from different people that were not involved in the Aliens and Predators movies.
>>
>>82584562
Says Ridley now. I liked the comics because they were SELF contained pretty much. Impossible for avp now thanks for the David thing
>>
>>82571447
Haha epic joke my dude. The computer generated images aren't utterly indistinguishable from real life

You know if it's so obvious why this is "Terrible CGI" it shouldn't be hard for you to form some kind of rebuttal
>>
>>82584742
Not him but stop trolling. It looks like a mass effect 3 cg trailer
>>
>>82584808
Man, that trailer was awesome as fuck.
>>
>>82584808
Saying something doesn't make it true.

Why doesn't this look realistic?
>>
>>82584846
>realistic
>>
>>82579429
I'm in the same boat. I think Alien is a decent movie but the rest have all been pretty mediocre to shitty.

It doesn't help that one of my friends is like all the other delusional assholes in this thread who think the Alien is series is the greatest thing ever and Ridley Scott is some GOAT director. He always wants me to go see the newest one despite me not even remotely being interested.

The Predator series has always been better.
>>
>>82570613
Alien fans are literally the worst fucking faggots on /tv/.
>>
>>82571738
Poor noomi.
>Fixes David
>Looks past their differences and develop a friendship
>Trusted him enough to put her under and watch the ship
>David learns more about engineers and wipes em all out
>Uses Shaw as a guinea pig cause "bah humans bad, must fill plot hole with xeno egg"

What the fuck IS his problem?
>>
>>82570878
the only fact in your post is that you posted.
>>
>>82585124
Its problem is being a machine that was given a task to carry out.

He wasn't coded to have morals what do you expect?
>>
>>82585386
No, he wasn't. Problem is he developed them. Along with emotion.
Technically within the realms of the universe RS is cooking up, David is the perfect organism.
>>
>>82570973
>PEW PEW PEW PEW BRSSHHHH RATATATATA PEW PEW PEW
>>
>>82583284
I'll play advocate and say that xenomorphs are a product of the weaponized black goo assimilating to Engineer DNA, which is equivalent to human DNA.

Therefore, as long as the black goo exists and is near either Engineers or any other species they seeded, the general xenomorph form can convergent evolve in a couple of generations.

So, xenomorphs could have existed a billion years ago for all we know. Or, they could have simply had the same sort of accident happen anywhere else.

Prometheus onward is clearly a retcon using unnecessary lore, but the only thing that directly contradicts might be things like the space jockey being obviously a giant, and engineers supposedly just being tall humans in slightly oversized suits.
>>
>>82571316
>it delves into the complexities of motherhood

kek
>>
>>82571804
>little white boi dies after BBC abandons him to the clouds

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>82579113
>What will you guys do if it turns out David was lurking on the engineer ship the whole time the crew from Alien was wandering around in it? Like, he was creeping somewhere spying on them.
Maybe they will retcon further and have David convert the robot in Alien (I forget his name) and have him try to kill everyone.
>>
>>82585124
>mfw it turns out that David only turned crazy/evil because of the black goo he touched which has slowly been turning him into a bio organic abomination like in the comics
>>
So are AVP and AVPR still canon? I've been wondering this since Prometheus came out and a bunch of people were chimping out about them being non-canon now. Assuming Xenomorphs originate sometime around Prometheus, it makes the Xeno skull in the Predator ship in P2 impossible.
I haven't seen Covenant yet, but I assume David doesn't create the Xenomorph species in it.
>>
File: I10-03-evolution1.jpg (222KB, 2007x580px) Image search: [Google]
I10-03-evolution1.jpg
222KB, 2007x580px
>>82587371
>Engineer DNA, which is equivalent to human DNA.
Its not, you seem to think that Engineers created humans, which is plain wrong, at least directly. Engineers started the evolution cycle on Earth, they didnt create humans adam and eve style. As you can remember from Prometheus, the Engineer, our creator, died on water, his DNA (which is shown to be different than the DNA style that we know, I believe an anon pointed it out somewhere in this thread) disintegrated and that was the start of life on Earth, then comes the cycle that we know, first fish-like lifeforms appeared, evolved to land creatures, etc etc. Pic related.

If what you said were right, then everything, plants, animals, humans, Engineers, would have the same DNA and we know thats just impossible.
>>
>>82589152
In the movie, a scene shows them analyzing human and engineer DNA, which results in a "match." Whatever that entails.

And the scene at the beginning has no placement nor a time frame. Also, the murals depict Engineers visited earth to deliver the maps leading them to the research facility, so they obviously had been tampering with human development for a long time.
>>
File: wVCgyhh.jpg (94KB, 670x913px) Image search: [Google]
wVCgyhh.jpg
94KB, 670x913px
>>82589132
Delicate topic, can easily blow up in shitpost fest due to 2 fanbases clashing. The short version is, we dont know if its canon or not, and no one can know unless every director that worked in the aliens/predators/avp movies sit down together and discuss whats canon and what isnt. Theres some stuff to take in mind so you can make your own assumption
>Ridley completely denies AvP, its not canon for him
>The Xenomorph skull in Predator 2 was a reference, not a hint of both creatures living in the same universe
>AvP dates way back to the 80s, the movie didnt start AvP
>No director of Aliens or Predators movie had anything to do with the AvP movies

>>82589355
>In the movie, a scene shows them analyzing human and engineer DNA, which results in a "match." Whatever that entails
We humans evolved really close to Engineers, we have similar DNA.
>so they obviously had been tampering with human development for a long time.
They sure did, I bet actual Jesus was over 2m, fit as fuck, bald and completely white. Koreans knew all along, just look at this fucker.
>>
>>82584742
kek, you have to have worked on this film to get this butthurt over something so inconsequential
>>
REEEEEEEEEEE re:shaw
>>
>>82584562
Says me. You got a problem with that?
>>
>>82570730
That would actually make sense. Imagine him dumping the xeno eggs from planet to planet until he runs out of energy and just ends up immobilized there. He would have upgraded his body to wear the suit.
>>
File: confused.png (757KB, 850x476px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
757KB, 850x476px
I can't care about the lore of the Alien universe
the assholes who wrote the script knew it was a mess, but knew that the absolute geeks who love sci-fi would twist themselves in pretzels trying to reconcile trivial details about his blockbuster that obviously didn't give a shit about making a strong, clear story

the next movies aren't going to be revelations, and nobody should treat mainstream filth as gospel to be gone over line by line - the people who made it wanted it to be awesome and impressive and they succeeded. maybe they made it intentionally messy just so those inclined to do so would obsess over "consistencies" and "internal logic" - despite it not once justifying such sustained attention

this to me seems like a plausible theory, and I think people shouldn't assume the people making movies like this are above that crass level of manipulation
>>
>>82590957
this diatribe seems just as convoluted lmao
>>
>>82582334
You're being autistic if you were expecting an origins movie based around theology the same as a sci fi slasher in space. Prometheus is way more better in terms of sci-fi and story telling. It's an adventure. Alien was a slasher horror. That's what it was good at. Revelations won't be mysterious, this is common sense.
>>
>>82591005
maybe the last part, the bit where I made up a conspiracy about them intentionally making a grand mess of a story, in order to hijack the exact same regions of the human brain that attempts to reconcile the entire Bible with itself. it's kind of funny, actually - but I guess thinking about a convoluted movie brings out convoluted criticisms of same, of its own accord
>>
>>82591156
At least for myself, I end bible study with this Universe after all the corporation shit. It's the only bit of the world building that gives it a bit of veracity and believability. Weyland Yutani is the reason I come back because I feel like they should be made more sinister than the Alien itself which would work it out at least for me. I cross my fingers for the next installments.
>>
>>82571844
>clearly a suit
>that has a similar exoskeletal look to the alien we see later
Clearly the xenomorph was also wearing a suit. When do we finally get the kino that shows the humans inside that actually wear them?
>>
>>82583284
>he xenomorphs we know already existed.
the xenomorphs that we know came from that shipment.

It's clearly that all the xenomoprh thingy process are just a byproduct or a wip experimentation of what the black goo thingy can do.
>>
>>82589132
>So are AVP and AVPR still canon
they never where.
>>
File: confused.png (98KB, 268x232px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
98KB, 268x232px
>>82591298
there's lots of potential there, but I have to agree with this anon:
>>82582334
>Prometheus is like Lost, a good premise with a bad, really bad development.
couldn't have put it better myself. stripped down is best, but they've already put too much shit in there for me to feel optimistic they'll pare it down to a more sophisticated Weyland-Yutani exploration like you - and I - would love to see
>I end bible study with this Universe after all the corporation shit.
it's really obvious now, with titles like "Covenant" that they're mining a religious theme. Prometheus has a creation myth right at the beginning, and the religious stuff that got referenced explicitly which I previously figured was useless within the story now seems like it's referencing the implicit religious questions which abound throughout - and which I suspect takes a strong second place after the visuals for why people responded to it so much
>I cross my fingers for the next installments.
here's hoping
>>
>>82591656
Agreed
>>
>>82570613
no covenant will not explain this shit, it's up to the next sequel in the prometheus trilogy
>>
>>82570730
David will be back and big part of Weyland Yutani. Hence the company's desire to get Xenia and eggs back Earth, his creation.
>>
>>82570690
No it's just for money
>>
>>82570878
Fuck off
>>
>>82582445
This shit really pisses me off. A compelling character with a lot of potential + a full movie of backstory already done, and she's just killed off.
>>
>>82570613
David turns whats-her-face into a queen
>>
>>82571804

What the fuck was the point of this scene? Looks like some vague shit to just be vague
>>
>>82592714
David was actually from the future. His design is far too good to be an early generation android. Even his programming is more complex, as he doesn't appear to spaz out when confronted with conflicting imperatives.

Weyland Yutani sent him back to engineer the xenomorphs in an attempt to forever open-end the copyright their genome by erasing its origin in a paradox. David now seeds the planets with this perfect biological weapon and Weyland Yutani reaps the rewards. forever beyond fear of the bonus situation.
>>
>>82571081
The only thing I remember strongly about prometheus was that scene where the chick goes into the self surgery machine and has surgery on her stomach and then proceeds to perform amazing feats of athleticism only minutes afterwards.
I was quite disappointed.
>>
>>82593800
That bugged the shit out of me, too. I get that they made a halfhearted effort to excuse it by having her zip up in that skin-tight bodysuit, but sorry - that just didn't cut it for me.
>>
>>82592961
Experiment to create life on planet Earth? Fuck knows.
>>
>>82572935
that viral video was better than the movie itself
>>
File: jonesy.png (245KB, 639x342px) Image search: [Google]
jonesy.png
245KB, 639x342px
>>82582445
DROPPED
>>
>>82583229
Most reviews say the first half has some new content and second half is literally Alien 2.0

Damn...
>>
>James Franco dies first
Why is this allowed? I like him as an actor when he plays drama stuff (Spiderman, 127 hours)
>>
>>82594036
that's dumb though because he's a robut

how is he going to "die" from gettig stabbed when ripping him in half or ripping his head off doesn't kill him

he's not even alive in the first place
>>
>>82582445
>Kills off the best female character in sci fi since Ridley
>replaces her with a Gender Fluid

I could have seen Shaw as the main character of a new Alien franchise and Ridley had to go and fuck this up
>>
>>82594087
>how is he going to "die" from gettig stabbed when ripping him in half or ripping his head off doesn't kill him
okay I am an idiot. please ignore my post idk what I am doing
>>
>>82594089
>Ridley had to go and fuck this up
Isn't that what he does best though?
>>
>>82594104
Prometheus was a good movie. I just wish the Alien breed didn't look like a fucking Squid with a giant vagina (yes Alien always looked sequel but Ridley literally went too far with the Squid having like 6 looking Vulvas).
>>
Who are all these literal whos and nobodies in Covenant anyway? Does Ridley just use a zero-cast to bring in more profit for himself?

Fassbender and McBride (why is he even in it) is pretty much it?
>>
>>82594124
>yes Alien always looked sequel
sexual*

>tfw Giger drew some of his own creatures but they were all rejected
You can find this on the blu ray documentary. Giger's monster instead of the Squid was like a giant looking Spider. Would have been creepier
>>
>>82594127
They don't need big names to sell the movie, so maybe they just picked the ones who did the best auditions? Unknown =/= bad.
>>
File: 1452502955276.jpg (87KB, 597x448px) Image search: [Google]
1452502955276.jpg
87KB, 597x448px
>>82571081
>Alien>Prometheus>Aliens>Alien 3>Alien Resurrection
>>
Just came back from watching this in asia.
it's kino
>>
>>82594127
Alien is enough of a marketable name
>>
>>82594316
A lot of times I find it easier to immerse myself in a story without a lot of big names. provided that the unknowns are at least competent actors. I prefer big-name stars for my action movies and character pieces, not for my sci-fi/horror.
>>
Just got back from the covenant prerelease, the only thing you need to know is to watch when the proto-xenomorph grabs the ladder with it's tail on the camera.
>>
>>82570613
Who says the derelict on LV-426/ Archeron hasn't been there well before the events of Prometheus?
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.