[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a little late to the party but let's discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 595884.jpg (745KB, 1200x1601px) Image search: [Google]
595884.jpg
745KB, 1200x1601px
I'm a little late to the party but let's discuss this masterpiece
>>
Raw did it better
>>
kino
>>
Reminder that Blade Runner was also hated after release
>>
>>82561151
>Raw
Grave you mean? The poster is pretty cool but I have no idea what it's about
>>
>>82561151
Lmao holy fuck are you serious.
Did you watch either of them?
Do you have actual brain damage?
Did you read one sentence from the synopsis?
>>
>>82561230
Grave yes
>>82561306
I have seen both in theatres, thanks
>>
Any other movies where Keanu actually acts and not just stand there? I always loved him but I didn't know he could be this good
>>
>>82561356
Did you watch them with your ears plugged?
Do you think eight legged freaks and enemy are about the same thing because they both have spiders?
Do you think transformers and her are the same because they have talking robots?
>>
Great movie, goes full retard in a good way
>>
>>82561404
Point break
>>
Like a lot of modern movies, it's a copy/paste of scenes from older movies.

Mostly Blood and Black Lace & Lizard in a Woman’s Skin
>>
>>82561481
What about the score then? I'll give you that it sounds like some of Carpenter's stuff but it's still pretty damn good.
>>
>>82561554
My post sounded like I didn't like the movie, but I really did. Just because it's not original doesn't mean it's bad.

I would take that kind of movie over capeshit or generic Hollywood stuff any day.

The score sounded a little like Carpenter, yes, but it was a little more eerie.
>>
>>82560983
10/10 movie
>>
Coming from /tv/ I was expecting replies like "pretentious shit" or "fedora" and things like that.
I guess there's still hope for this board then
>>
Drive is one of my favorite movies of all time, I really didn't like Only God Forgives, I loved this one, should I rewatch OGF or is it still shit?
>>
>>82561752
/tv/ loves style over substance, so ofcourse Refn is liked here.
That said this was a good movie
>>
REAL LOLI SHIT
>>
>>82561752
Well, it is pretentious -- and not even good pretentious; it's hilariously-shallow.

As >>82561880 said: /tv/ loves style over substance.
>>
>>82561780
Watch OGF again.
>>
Garbage for pseudo intellectuals. Art house trash.
>>
>>82561880
>>82561933
Does "style over susbtance" mean it's bad or mediocre? Wasn't Cinema invented to add style TO substance? I really fail to see how focusing on the style is a bad thing.
And don't give me that "not enough character development and plot" argument cause it's not even valid, anyone with a brain and a little bit of imagination can fill in the blanks about the characters and the stories.
>>
>>82562037
It can be a bad thing, but Refn is an audiovisual director so he can get away with it
>>
>>82562037
It's 2017. A movie MUST have everything and the kitchen sink it it to be "good".

It's retarded, but it's how people think.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.