[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the only Adam Sandler movie I ever sat through and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8284.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8284.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
This is the only Adam Sandler movie I ever sat through and fuck was it bad.
>>
>>82557635

the one where he golfs is great
>>
>>82557635
check out billy madison and happy gilmore :^)
>>
>>82557635
Little Nicky was a fun memory of my shitty childhood
>>
>>82557635
check out punch love drunk and HG
>>
I watched most of them. Not a single one is actually good, they all roam at 4/10 - mediocre, but entertaining if you have nothing better to do.
>>
>>82557661
both shit
>>
fucking millenials
>>
>>82557635
Why did people not like this movie? As an 80's kid nostalgiafag I enjoyed the fuck out of it.
>>
>>82557635
watch the one where he plays Shadow of the Colossus
>>
>>82557762
because the Futurama episode did it better
>>
>>82557635
Be a kid in the 90s. Everyone tells me how great Billy Madison(?), the one where he has to go back to school to win million dollars, watch it, think its meh.

I honestly don't know how he kept getting movies made.
>>
>>82557762
>I remember that
>*claps*
>>
>>82557762
PACMAN
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW HIM
>>
>>82557858
>>82557809
It was a fun flick with neat special effects based on shit from my childhood. Not everything has to be 3 hour long pretentious Nolan garbage.
>>
>>82557762

The actors were just terrible, it's obvious Adam Sandler is just a bored middle aged man holding a prop on a green screen he has no idea what will be displaying in the final product in every action scene.
>>
>>82557788

>i honestly don't know how
(jewish)
>>
>>82557763
http://kotaku.com/246286/feature-the-colossus-and-the-comedian
>>
>>82557762
T. Sony
>>
>Airheads
>Billy Madison
>Happy Gilmore
>The Wedding Singer
>Big Daddy
>Punch-Drunk Love
>Spanglish
>Funny People

Those are his good movies. The Hotel Transylvania movies are alright kid's movies.
>>
File: 1480198752356.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1480198752356.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>82557635
>pixels utterly ripped apart as the worst thing ever
>mcu capeshit still getting 90+% rotten tomato scores
>>
>>82557635
Adam Sandler is only funny when you're 11-12
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
I like Pixels because it pissed off the manbabies who desperately cling to nostalgia. It's not a very good movie but it is a very good troll.
>>
>>82557962
>punch drunk love
>spanglish
>adam sandler movies

when people talk about sandler movies they usually refer to the ones where he has creative input, not ones that he happens to star in.

also
>you're so beautiful you should have a gender named after you
is a godawful line and fuck you for reminding me of it
>>
>>82557762

I don't get it either. It's the movie everyone decided to hate as soon as it was announced, and everyone went to see it just so they could shit on it and give it 1/10.

I thought it was fun, and I have no nostalgia for any of the 80s stuff in it. Some cringy humor and romance stuff, but overall an enjoyable 7/10 that I'll probably watch again some day.
>>
>>82558008
Actors give creative input and are a part of the creative process. I could maybe agree if he just had a cameo role in these movies, but he was the lead in both (and not just by "happenstance" as you seem to imply; he didn't just "happen" to star in those movies but rather was specifically chosen to star in those movies), and thus they are both Adam Sandler movies in that regard.
>>
Click is the pinnacle of sandler
>>
Happy Gilmore is an adolescents Brewsters Millions
>>
>using le quirky GoT dwarf

dropped
>>
>>82558068

Doesn't mean they listen to them. By all accounts Sandler had nothing to do with the script or direction of either of the movies. And there is a big difference between improving a few lines and being the producer and owner of the production company making the movie. PDL is PTA movie and Spanglish is a mediocre James Brooks affair.
>>
>>82558174
>By all accounts
Can you cite some examples of this?
>>
>>82558174
Whether or not they "listen" to him, Adam Sandler had creative involvement in both films by simple virtue of being the main star. You cannot tell me, with a straight face, that those two movies would be the exact same movie if they starred, say, Chris Rock instead of Adam Sandler. Or Harrison Ford instead of Adam Sandler.

Actors aren't props. They aren't robots. They aren't blank slates. The mere act of acting is creative input.
>>
>>82557635
You must be young.

I pity today's youth.
>>
>>82558008
>when people talk about sandler movies they usually refer to the ones where he has creative input, not ones that he happens to star in.
That doesn't seem to be true at all.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/lists/readers-poll-10-best-adam-sandler-movies-20141023/punch-drunk-love-20141023
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/25/top-10-adam-sandler-movies-2
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/best-and-worst-adam-sandler-movies-ranked
>>
>>82557635
The cobbler wasn't bad
>>
>>82557635
Isn't this from Guardians 2?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.