[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsS eQ10lVuk This has to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 20

File: pennywise.jpg (93KB, 1277x530px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise.jpg
93KB, 1277x530px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsSeQ10lVuk

This has to be the scariest monster I've ever seen. Holy shit.
>>
>>82556487
As a part-time clown, I find this movie offensive, this is calling for a lawsuit.

Clowns are people too !
>>
Looks real good.
>>
>>82556487
Honestly this looks fucking terrifying
>>
>>82556487
It looks fucking awful. The original was much scarier.

They've tried too hard to make him look "scary", which just makes him look not scary at all. It's too forced.
>>
>>82556487
first one was way scarier
>>
>>82556695
>>82556708
this
>>
>>82556715
Even tho I have never seen the 90's It, no doubt just by comparing the 2 by images, Tim Curry is without a doubt scarier in so many ways.

He actually looks like a maniac creature whilst the new It looks like some guy in clown paint.
>>
>>82556487

This is the current suicide squad joker of cinema
>>
>>82556781
I don't know anything about It, never seen the movie either, but Pennywise is kind of a horror icon at this point. I don't think it's really fair to compare the new one to the old one.
>>
>>82556863
>I don't think it's really fair to compare the new one to the old one.
For someone who has read the book and hasn't seen either movie, Tim Curry is without a doubt more scarier looking
>>
File: tumblr_o4tfiddxqq1rp0vkjo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4tfiddxqq1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x272px
>>82556781
What made the original even scarier is that Tim Curry was happy and cheery most of the time, and smiling. He was dancing around singing and shit. It was unnerving. The new one is trying too hard to look scary and doesn't pull it off.

Why would a kid go anywhere near a scary looking monster clown?
>>
>>82556863
Okay, then let's take the new one completely on its own.

It looks like an edgy teenager's attempt at horror. It looks like a juggalo tripped and fell into a bin at Hot Topic. It comes off as cliched and forced and invokes about as much lasting psychological terror as walking through the costume isle at Party City.

It looks like ass.
>>
>>82556912
>What made the original even scarier is that Tim Curry was happy and cheery most of the time, and smiling. He was dancing around singing and shit. It was unnerving.
Even though It isn't written like that at all in the book, this sure looks like it may be a really good creepy performance.

I have been hesitant to watch the 90's movie since the Turtle is left out apparently as well as Pennywise's past as I have heard but I may just watch it for Tim Curry
>>
File: oy.png (310KB, 630x269px) Image search: [Google]
oy.png
310KB, 630x269px
>>82556487
Only scary thing about it
>>
>>82556912
This. The whole point of IT using a clown suit was to lure kids and appear funny and friendly. Nu clown misses the point completely
>>
New IT is trying way too hard
>>
>>82556487

This whole trailer just does nothing for me.
>>
File: 0125623637.png (364KB, 794x328px) Image search: [Google]
0125623637.png
364KB, 794x328px
>>82556968
I am someone who has been hyped for this new film which is apparently going to follow the book so much more than the 90's did and I have to agree with you... the look of It is entirely wrong and just doesn't agree with me.

Looks like the only saving grace of the film now is the backstory of the Turtle, It being a demonic entity that has always existed in the universe and if they can pull off all of It's transformations.

It's a shame that none of this will probably make the trailer and even tho I don't want the whole thing to be spoiled: they BETTER show at least one of It's transformations in one of the trailers because if they don't... people who have never read the book will look at this as just a bland clown movie that tries to be scary but fails (since the first trailer already got so many laughs on youtube comments due to how terrible It was screaming and moving in the basement).

My vision though was to have It only in the distance. Like have a long camera shot and have something in the distance looking very creepy. Like the book describes: It can hypnotize people when they are near him so imagine a long camera shot of It the clown miles away. So you are not actually seeing his face full on close up (only for special occasions) because this clown face of this It is very terrible I am sorry to say even though this movie isn't even out yet but it is just not creepy AT ALL.
>>
>It (sometimes capitalized as IT), more commonly known as Pennywise the Dancing Clown, was the main antagonist of the novel and the film of the same name. It was portrayed to be a shapeshifting and malevolent entity millions (possibly billions) of years old, and with no exact gender or solid identity
>It was a mysterious evil being from an unknown realm/dimension outside the regions of space. When It came to planet Earth to feed, it's favorite disguise was that of a colorful and wisecracking circus clown named "Pennywise".
>It apparently originated from an undiscovered void containing and surrounding the entire Universe, a place referred to in the novel as the "Macroverse" (a concept later established as the Todash Darkness of the Dark Tower Novels)
>It's natural enemy is "The Turtle," another ancient Macroverse dweller who, eons ago, created our Universe and possibly others.
>It states that it prefers to kill and devour children, not by nature, but rather because children's fears are easier to manipulate and then interpret into a physical form. Thus children are easier to fill with terror, which It says is akin to salting the meat.

Sounds like Edge The Hedgeheg tier character you'd come up in 3rd grade. And if his goal is to spook the children, why is he taking form of a fucktarded clown?
>>
File: u5MrMN.gif (2MB, 741x412px) Image search: [Google]
u5MrMN.gif
2MB, 741x412px
>>82557020
The book never describes It as funny and friendly. He was only friendly to Georgie but still; the make up and expression on this It is so wrong.

I am pretty sure in one part of the book, It is dragging some guy out to the river while one of the characters sees It in the distance and It smiles at him with massive fangs.

Reading that brought shivers because it gave me such a terrifying imagination. I really hope this movie attempts this scene

If a kids show: Doctor Who from gif related can do horror well, then this better do it well.
>>
>>82556487
There's nothing innocent about him, which is what they though would make him scarier but it seems tryhard now. Like that's obviously an evil monster clown. The Tim Curry one looked like an actual clown witched made him creepier. He reminded you of the first time you saw a cheap clown and how scarifying unsettling it is. This looks way too well done. The hair, costume, makeup, eyes are all perfect, like a Hollywood-tier professional done monster.
>>
>>82557292
Read the book faggot. He was never "le funny curryclown man ecksdee".
>>
>>82556487
>Ever heard of a Staph infection?!
Cringe
>>
show me a picture of a real clown who is unintentionally creepy
>>
File: 1366503408590.png (241KB, 622x336px) Image search: [Google]
1366503408590.png
241KB, 622x336px
>>82557092

it looks like the face jay makes when he's trying to look dumber than usual.
>>
>>82556912
I was kinda disturbed by it when I was 14, but now that I see it again at 21 I find him funny as fuck, I re-watched some of his clips a dozen times in a row because of how funny he is, like when he shuts the door while laughing
>>
File: Pogo_the_Clown_-_01.jpg (165KB, 1146x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Pogo_the_Clown_-_01.jpg
165KB, 1146x1800px
>>82557490
Yes he's actually trying to not look intimidating in this image despite what he did.
>>
Reminder to hide and report all viral marketing threads
>>
>>82556695
How scary is the clown in the book?
Shouldn't that be your baseline not a previous adaptation?
>>
>>82557237
>never describes it as friendly
>it was friendly to georgie though

Um, sweetie you're not making much sense
>>
>>82557020

This. At least they got it right by not making it in modern times. No way IT could pull off that shit in the 21st century, no kid likes clowns now.
>>
>>82557557
You only find gacy "scary" because you know he was fucked in the head. If you didnt know who he was then he looks like a fat clown with bad makeup. Step up kid your argument is retarded
>>
>>82556912

The difference is the idea of a creepy grown man luring children to hurt them sets off obvious fear alarms in both children and adults.

Meanwhile nuIT is played by a dude who looks about fucking 15 years old and it's not creepy for him to be luring kids, he just looks like a loser who's parents are forcing to entertain his little siblings birthday party or something, not a pedophile like someone who looks like Tim Curry can pull off.
>>
>>82556487
the clown looks like a retard
>>
>>82557649
Scary clown is such a great juxtaposition thats the whole genius of it, you clown
>>
>>82557540
who?
>>
ITT: Retards who havent read the book and thinks IT is a funny clown with le jokes XD just because curry made him so. He was always fucking scary
>>
>>82557695

well then Stephen King missed the point
>>
Hopefully this will end up being another Heath Ledger Joker situation, where someone reprises some iconic role and it looks stupid as fuck at first but ends up being great.
>>
>>82556587
be aware of more people hating you after this movie
>>
File: 1445300220520.png (133KB, 268x322px) Image search: [Google]
1445300220520.png
133KB, 268x322px
>>82557716
"muh faulty opinion is more important than the source material"
>>
>>82556487
DUDE BALLOONS LAMO
>>
>>82557695
He wasn't that scary. Georgie trusted him enough to not be scared away, even though he was a clown randomly inside a storm drain
>>
>>82557292
are you underage?
>>
>>82557695
Or what if, get this, what if they actually think Curry's clown is scarier than le edgy tryhard clown?
>>
>>82556487
looks like a meme series that's been taylor made for reddit
>>
>>82557740
/tv/ is always fucking wrong. They ripped on ledgers joker for months and then they all sucked his dick when the movie came out. What did they mean by this?
>>
>>82557751

Stephen King is and has always been a shit author and a joke. Literally his only merit is that his shit novels somehow get made into great movies.
>>
>>82557751
Stephen King is a druggie retard who wrote a couple of okay books by accident while tripping on heroin, his opinion on things matters not.
>>
>>82557490
>>
>>82557766
Thats fine but we both know thats not whats happening here. Retards are trying to whine that its the wrong clown when in fact hes more true to the books than the le curry fannyman. Tards gonna tard
>>
>>82557211
Is there anything worse than horror films where the antagonist basically just has infinite magical powers, making anything that happens in the movie void of logic and sense?
Where is the 'fun' part of this new film supposed to come from? A bunch of kids will do faux-90s things while referencing popculture and memes, while being killed in random, dumb way? How quiant.
>>
Is he supposed to look like a juggalo?
>>
>>82557071
Tim curry clown looks like the clowns on my childhood party. New clown looks too edgy and unfriednly at all
>>
Why are millenials so afraid of clowns?

Why does the girl look so much older than the boys?
>>
Remember all those stories of clowns in the woods? Who thought that would inspire such an original movie. This is what I want more of Hollywood, real original ideas.
>>
>>82557895
>Is there anything worse than horror films where the antagonist basically just has infinite magical powers, making anything that happens in the movie void of logic and sense?

Go whine about shit like The Grudge, then. At least It can be defeated in some way.
>>
File: iwftr.jpg (55KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
iwftr.jpg
55KB, 542x616px
>>82556487
You know your movie monster is failing when I'd still fuck it
>>
>>82557964
It doesn't matter if he can be defeated if he has magic powers. That's why the Saw films were successful.

Too many horror movies give the antagonist +Life +Armor +Mana. The antagonist should have to work too.
>>
>>82556487
whoa is this stranger things 2
>>
>>82557020
>>82557641
No in the book they all describe how horrible it looks, It was only nice to Bills brother to kill him.

>>82557805
Sorry how many best sellers did you sell so I can compare your opinion?
>>
File: promopic_018.jpg (81KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
promopic_018.jpg
81KB, 1200x600px
>>82556487
huuuge fan of king, the book (books if you count insomnia and the others IT/deadlights appear in), and the miniseries, and this looks fucking amazing

i don't think you can call yourself a fan if you don't see this on opening day. twice.
>>
File: himgif45.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
himgif45.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>82558136
>le you can't judge food unless you're a Chef argument
neck yourself faggot
>>
>>82557895
Cool too sooth your mind none of the kids die, they hurt the clown and they have to fight him again as adults.

Stan commits suicide so he doesn't have to fight him and see the dead lights.

Eddie gets his arm bitten off and dies of blood loss.

and the only true way to beat him is to believe you can because that's the rules Pennywise set up.

So calm your mind child, you don't have to worry about any of that.

>>82557921
If you grew up in the midwest its because the 80s and 90s. If you don't know what I mean your too young or too old.
>>
>>82557895

that's what's scary about it, it's not a physical threat like another human you could fight against, it's more like a nightmare with no logic to it
>>
Is there gonna be a scene that depicts Bev's husband belting her naked self that will end up with rough sex?
>>
Stephen King is a fucking hack, and fuck anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>82557005
>Even though It isn't written like that at all in the book
The very firts scene in the book literally shows Pennywise fooling a kid by acting friendly.
>>
>>82558190
>and the only true way to beat him is to believe you can
Is IT anime?
>>
>>82558224
>hasn't read the book
>>
>>82558224
>The first scene in an 1,100 page book shows him act a certain way so that's how he acts for the rest of the book.
>>
>>82556487

>that voice Finn was doing

Cute. Cute!
>>
>"We wanted someone who created a Pennywise character that would stand on its own and Bill came in and created this character that frankly freaked us out."

This is LIGHTS! CAMERA! INSANITY! all over again.
>>
>>82556715
>those eyes
stuff of nightmares I tell ya
>>
>>82558156
>le stephen king isn't a good arguement
who's the real retard here?
>>
>>82556487
whats with americans and their fear of clowns. pls respond.
>>
>>82558136

>best sellers
>good literature
>>
>>82556587
So how many kids do you have under your floor boards so far?
>>
>>82558382
>It is millions of years old
>deadlights
>Bully is a racist and anti-semite
>orgy scene
>boring one-dimensional recycled tropes
>shock value
King is a moron whose mind asks "how can I make this next page move in an unexpected, CUH-RAZY direction? None of what he writes is intelligent or even frightening- at the moment you may be caught up in his tense style, absorbing the details, but when you step back and look at the premise and story it suddenly becomes very visibly shit and simple, like a reverse Bob Ross painting.
>>
>>82558439
Look up coulrophobia
>>
File: disturbed.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
disturbed.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>not posting the newest trailer showing off the films Disturbed soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6KXFN9dIg
>>
The thing about remaking classic horror movies is no matter how good it is, you're still a presumably grown adult evaluating it as a production, as opposed to a young easily-scared child who takes things at face value, but with the added distaste of knowing this movie exists to cash in on a franchise. I don't think there's anything this movie could do to satiate anyone who is watching this out of love for the first one simply because the original audience has grown up now.

Coming from someone who hasn't seen the original or read the book, the original Pennywise isn't scary either, and if it was released now you'd be slandering it
>>
>>82558562
This is hilarious
>>
>>82557805
>tripping on heroin
>tripping
>on heroin

kys fagit
>>
>>82558439
Thats part of their "culture" dude.
>>
>>82556587
Frankly I find the term clown derogatory and problematic. Jester-american is the proper name
>>
>>82557598
The clown is supposed to be an inviting sight for children, to lure them away from their parents.
>>
>>82556695
The acting in the original is terrible
>>
>>82558761

World Clown Association. uses the term Clown.

If you joined us you know we are a proud people, and have strict rules for clowning.
>>
Whats the classifier for multiple clowns? A gaggle? A flock?
>>
>>82558462
Not enough sadly

>>82558761
Thank you for respecting us. If you've got kids, I'd be honored to go to their birthday party.
>>
>>82558562
Brilliant. Can't take this movie serious anymore.
>>
File: laugh-tyrone796694680.gif (3MB, 304x332px) Image search: [Google]
laugh-tyrone796694680.gif
3MB, 304x332px
>>82558761
>>
>>82556487
>A fucking clown
>>
File: naked_clowns_clown666.jpg (39KB, 448x413px) Image search: [Google]
naked_clowns_clown666.jpg
39KB, 448x413px
>>82559144
>>
File: IMG_4272.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4272.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>82558289
Who's Finn?
>>
>>82559751
Beep Beep.
>>
>MLG airhorns
why
>>
>>82558763
Can you point to another instance BESIDES GEORGE'S BROTHER where he does this? He only acts as Pennywise when scaring the children, but does all his killing as different monsters (loup garou, leper, etc)
>>
ITT

>people who haven't read the book

>people who haven't seen the shitty 90s movie since they were kids

>people who think a role can only ever be done one way
>>
>>82560053
Every time he meets a kid for the first time he tries the friendly clown thing at least for a few moments (in the book, at east). IT as ADHD though, so he goes all scary as shit at the drop of a clown hat.
>>
>>82556487
who here //spooked//?
>>
>>82560439

Ben sees IT In the clown suit walking on the Canal, but a steam whistle in town goes off and IT looks up suddenly and has the Mummy face

Eddie saw the leper in a clown suit

Mike saw the bird with the Pom poms on It's tongue

Bill saw the winking Georgie picture and blood.

Bev saw the blood.

Richie saw the Paul Bunyan statue come to life

Later Richie sees the Werewolf at Neibolt Street while Bill sees the clown

Eddie Corocan saw the creature from the black lagoon

Patrick Hockstetter saw the leeches

Who else?

Belch, Henry, and Vic saw the Frankenstein monster. Or Henry did at least

Some random kid when they were adults saw the shark from Jaws

It's very seldom that he does the happy clown routine. Georgie got it the most. Every other time he's maniacally insane or there's some overt monster element
>>
>>82559726
Saucelicious on this crazy ish?
>>
>>82560665

Forgot. After he joins the Losers, Mike sees the clown during a parade, handing out balloons to crying children.

They collectively see the clown in the photo album

Don Hegarty sees the clown bite into Adrian Melon

This isn't all It's appearances.but it shows how little that he appears as the friendly clown
>>
>>82557821
The Demon Eloise Cole
>>
File: pennywise wall of text.jpg (128KB, 640x868px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise wall of text.jpg
128KB, 640x868px
>>82557581
What's that? You want an article about the movie? Why didn't you ask sooner?
>>
>>82557092
What a nice looking clown! He looks so friendly and approachable.

Maybe I WILL follow him into the sewers.
>>
Reminder most people don't want to hear Pennywise speak etc before the movie hits theaters. I fucking hate the anti-spoilers brigade.
>>
>>82561973

When has he ever lead a child into the sewers?
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.