[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why /tv/ can't just admit the truth? This movie it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: pp.jpg (597KB, 1687x2500px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
597KB, 1687x2500px
Why /tv/ can't just admit the truth?

This movie it's a masterpiece

no bait
>>
>>82556230

the end kind of ruined it but other than that its a masterpiece

gonna rewatch before covenant drops
>>
kill yourself
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
>>82556237

also additonally

how can a movie with one of the best intro scenes in the history of kino end on such a bad note?!

rly makes ya think
>>
>>82556252
what a mature opinion
>>
>>82556230
It's a (divine) comedy.

Plebs expected a grim dark horror film, instead they got a campy Indiana Jones style adventure set in space with brilliant social satire and masterclass cinamontophies.
>>
>>82556230
True. Haven't seen Covenant yet, but so far this is the best Alien movie.
>>
File: q0EC6.jpg (29KB, 1000x727px) Image search: [Google]
q0EC6.jpg
29KB, 1000x727px
>>82556237
Why was the end bad? The Squid monster was sure stupid looking but the Deacon was cool
>>
File: GoodJesus3-web.jpg (81KB, 750x1257px) Image search: [Google]
GoodJesus3-web.jpg
81KB, 750x1257px
>>82556483
>Jesus was an Alien
Not joking. I would love to see Ridley Scott make an Alien sequel where we see one of the Engineers go down to Earth and it turns out he was Jesus and people thought he was a God
>>
>>82556938

it just spirals out of control into a big fat meme fest of fights and non sense
>>
>>82556977
he did it was called promotheus
>>
>>82556230
Didnt like it as much as ayylien 1 but it was good. I hope covenant continue where Prometheus left off instead of being another alien remake
>>
>>82556230
>Poorly resized characters (except for David)
>Convoluted story
>Fantastic design and art direction
>Interesting themes

A masterpiece it ain't
>>
>>82558297
>Resized
Realised, ffs
>>
File: Prometheus Engineer logic.jpg (103KB, 869x670px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus Engineer logic.jpg
103KB, 869x670px
>>
File: give up machine.jpg (208KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
give up machine.jpg
208KB, 500x373px
>Covenant leak
>two different people slip on the same pool of blood like a 3 stooges skit
>>
The really depressing thing is how there are a bunch of deleted scenes that'd give proper context to some of the retardation, like the biologist guy and the space snake, I don't know how people could defend that shit before we found out they had cut out a scene where he'd found one of them before and it was docile.

Who had final say on what stayed in the movie?
>>
>>82556230
Visuals and atmosphere are the only good things about that movie
>>
>>82556230
No. But it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. Especially when compared to every Alien movie after Aliens
>>
>>82556230
I wanted to like this movie, I really did, but there are just too many retarded and poorly thought out moments in it.

Stuff like people desperately taking their helmets off despite being scientists, the retarded weed smoking followed by alien penis attack scene, the bit where David infects that guy for no reason (and no, "He was doing it to find out what would happen!" isn't a reason), the zombie attack scene and the bit where the Engineer's head is being electrocuted are just the ones I can remember.

There's a great movie in there, but it's just weighed down by trash that feels like it was put in to appeal to normies who wouldn't be entertained unless something "fun" was happening.
>>
>>82559891
>Especially when compared to every Alien movie after Aliens

but that's the lowest of low bars, 3 is basically "A guide to surviving exec bullying with your dignity intact" and Resurrection is "2cool4school wait what franchise is this again?"
>>
>>82556230
Saw it with a friend. Didn't think there was any way he didn't also think it was a masterpiece. He had a totally different experience than me. I was shocked.
>>
>>82556230
Because truth's endlessly mutable on a board as hipsterish as this one, you know that.
>>
It was on the other night and once again I burst out laughing at the scene where the two idiots are running in a straight line away from the rolling ship.

They are literally too retarded to take a few steps to the left or right.
>>
>>82556230
Far from masterpiece and really far from good film.

Ridley Scott cant understand what make the first alien a classic. The first Alien is like a H.P. Lovecraft story in space, from the premise to the whole art direction. It dont explain the mistery of the ancient, just give you a glimpse of the unknown to make you wonder about origin of the horror.

Prometheus tries too hard to be like an Arthur C. Clarke story. Pretty much every event is lifted from the original scrip for Alien (the head they bring to the ship, the vessels, the goo, the alien pyramid/dome, the statues, etc). They cut all that in the 70´s not only because it was bad and too hippie, but also because it was redundant and distract from the main story (also, budget)

Prometheus is a refurbished script, with some good ideas, but a lot of bad ideas. Why Scott bring a hack like Lindelof to write a script? no clue. Prometheus is like Lost, a good premise with a bad, really bad development.
>>
File: ding.jpg (20KB, 426x416px) Image search: [Google]
ding.jpg
20KB, 426x416px
>>82556230
You're right, this movie is pretty good.

It's just a shame everybody in it went to the same school of running away from things.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.