[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any conceivable way a Warhammer 40k move/tv show can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: HERESYINTESIFIES.jpg (7KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
HERESYINTESIFIES.jpg
7KB, 200x211px
Is there any conceivable way a Warhammer 40k move/tv show can work?

The way I see it, it would either be too long for a movie or too expensive for a tv show. That's not taking in the public's lack of knowledge of it.
>>
>>82552925
if its too long for a movie why not have a series of movies
>>
>>82552925
no, the armor in the childrens game looks to cartoony.

it could work as a cartoon though, anime
>>
>>82552925

Whammer 40K: The Musical.
>>
>>82553906
I would pay to see the Ork and Necron songs.
>>
>Is there any conceivable way a Warhammer 40k move/tv show can work?

Sure. Just adapt one of the novels that aren't part of a series. Like Fifteen Hours, that can get 15 episodes or whatever.
>>
I've always had this idea: a series about Warhammer 2K.
In this series, it follows an incredibly early psyker on Terra in "modern times" who has to juggle gaining powers, his life, and these terrifying hallucinations/dreams he keeps having (the daemon trying to get out)
>>
>>82554261
Make it not inherently Warhammer 40k related (Like Event Horizon) but have enough nudges to it.
>>
Make "Descent of Angels" into a movie. It's set on Caliban, a primitive medieval planet that has never heard of the Imperium or starships. The main character is a teen training to be a knight and fight monsters. Then the Great Crusade reaches the planet and the Emperor takes over. In the end, the teen becomes a Space Marine.

Now that's a horror movie I want to see. Knights on horseback fighting monsters in a dark forest. Then the medieval setting turns into gothic science fiction. That's Warhammer 40k.

amazon.com/Descent-Angels-Heresy-Mitchel-Scanlon/dp/1849708142/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493667204&sr=8-1&keywords=descent+of+angels
>>
>>82553887
Warhammer 40k shorts ala Animatrix and Halo Legends would be cool.
>>
>>82554683
>normal non-mutant teen becomes space marine
DROPPED, literally shounen anime tier
>>
40k sucks 'cause they killed all the dwarves.
>>
>>82552925
Easy anon, just write a movie set in the Warhammer 40k universe. You don't even need to adapt any of the books. It'd actually be very easy to do much like any of the existing fiction.
>>
Isnt their a youtube series
Inquisitor?

Anyways,
Either a twilight zone,black mirror, tales from the crypt type show with single episode storylines set in the 40k universe.

Or a tv series about an inquisitor,rogue trader, or a titan crew or space marine squad
>>
>>82552925
I think Imperial Guard stuff is probably the only realistic option, since there's really not much depth to anything related to Spess Mehreens (unless you wanted to emphasise how utterly inhuman Space Marines really are, i.e. brainwashed superhuman killing machines)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.