[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s opinion on season 5? the most recent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: SamuraiJack.png (169KB, 430x245px) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiJack.png
169KB, 430x245px
What is /tv/'s opinion on season 5? the most recent episode especially.
>>
>>82540423
Recent one was kinda boring, but overall its a solid season.

I don't think I have a Nostalgic Bias over the original 1-4 Season, I just think they are 7-8/10... Season 5 is more like a 6-7/10
>>
I don't watch the show but the last episode was good in my book because it made the manchildren who watch this glodified kiddieshit butthurt for some reason
>>
>>82540485
I never watched the show when it was first airing, but i watched a lot of the original before this new season. I personally think it's great, but i try not to overhype it too much. I really liked last episode, the kiss at the end really got me, my jaw dropped
>>
The latest episode made me laugh harder than, well, pretty much anything on TV or any movie, because I never do, so I liked it.
>>
first 4 episodes are masterpieces.
5 is good.
6 7 8 are meh.
everytime, in every story, the forced romance ruins everything.
ashi should have died in 7th episode.
>>
>>82540765
Ashi's death would have show that this show really is serious. but I think Jack deserves a little bit of relief after all he's been through.
>>
First three episodes were very very good. Nearly perfect if it weren't for the animation inconsistencies.

The show definitely dropped in quality after that. Not unwatchable like the REEEE WOMYNZ fags say but it isn't nearly as good as Ep 1-3.

Part of the problem is 10 22 minute episodes is too short for the story they want to tell. It should have been 15 or 20 episodes preferably. Since it was only 10 they shouldn't have included the Ashi arc.

But its still great. It is good closure for the series for sure.
>>
>>82540423
I expected the season to be comfier. It seems to be racing to wrap up the story as soon as possible. It's pretty solid and the art style seems even better than before.
>>
>>82540850
I agree a lot, the pacing seemed perfect along with the story in the beginning. but now, with only 2 episodes left, it feels like they are rushing to finish it
>>
Some people are mad because:

>Jack is no longer a wizard like them
>Jack is straight
>Ashi is straight

If you didn't realize this was going to happen when the daughters saw those 2 deer ur a dumb ass.
>>
Episode 1: 10/10
Episode 2: 10/10
Episode 3: 9/10
Episode 4: 7/10
Episode 5: 6/10
Episode 6: 7/10
Episode 7: 8/10
Episode 8: 4/10

How would you rate each episode /tv/?
>>
What do most people have against the most recent episode? I get that some people don't like Jashi, but what else about it is that bad?
>>
>>82541129
I'd give the first 3 10/10, then everything else 7.5.
>>
The rave scene was absolutely awful and the penis joke was so out of place, didn't match the tone of the series at all. After those atrocities, who really cares?
>>
>>82541170
The season is only 10 episodes and it's the last season. The entire episode was rather uninteresting villain of the week filler. The only plot point that we got from it is that Jack and Ashi are now in love. The rest of the episode was completely useless. They still have like 6 subplots that need to be wrapped in the next 2 episodes and they decide to waste the third to last just fucking around.
>>
>>82540423
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lbaTgwWJOU
good as fuck.

and jack finally got some ass. about damn time.
all the people complaining should consider suicide
>>
>>82541232
fag

Rave scene from original was based. New rave was based. Watch the series first before you open your retarded mouth on my website again.
>>
>dude lets force a shitty new character and ruin the show lmao
>>
Anyone else secretly hoping that there are actually 11 episodes in the season (since one got jacked by PICKLE RICKKKK!!! xD)

With 3 episodes left they probably could tie everything back up nicely.
>>
>>82541299
>nostalgiafagging is good
>>
>>82541299
The original rave scene was tonally consistent. The first four seasons had silly parts. The first 3 episodes of season 5 set a tone that was completely ruined and we reverted back to the original cartoon with a little blood and a penis joke. Ruined potential if you ask me, the original cartoon is very overrated.
>>
>>82541338
I'm hoping the last episode is 46 minutes instead of 23. I don't see how they can tie up Aku, Scaramouche, Ghost Scotsman, The Guardian, and going back to the past, in only 2 episodes.
>>
In the end Jack will probably be forced to choose returning to the past or staying with Ashi. The decision should be obvious, but it would still make the end bittersweet.
>>
>>82541359
Not him but it isn't nostalgiafagging, you are claiming it is out of place when the rave was pretty in place with some of the goofiness of the original seasons.

Though the penis joke was meh
>>
>>82541299
Don't try to act like Samurai Jack 1-4 were perfect. How about you rewatch the series before making such a big assumption?
>>
>>82541245
>these fags who think SJ is an anime and everything is going to be meticulously explained and elaborated on

lmao, hes gonna fight aku and win. the end.
>>
>>82541414
The entire episode was MUH CALLBACKS
>>
>>82541459
almost like the series was dead for 15 years and wanted to throw fans something.

Don't you need to be 13+ to post here?
>>
>>82541459
That was the point of the episode you fucking tard. It was to show how Jack affected the world since he never bothered to stick around after helping people.
>>
>>82541395
scaramouche is only still around so he can go tell aku what jack is doing

>jack fights guardian
>meanwhile at the same time scaramouche is informing aku
>aku freaks out and goes to jack just as hes beating the guardian
>entire last episode will be climactic last battle

ez
>>
>>82541623
wow, that's actually a very good way to do this. If it actually happens, that would be an amazing ending.
>>
I wanna have sex with that emoji alien
>>
>>82541623
That leaves out Ghost Scotsman and if Jack goes back or not
>>
>>82541709
The guardian blocks a time portal, so jack could go back. And Scotsman could come with the people we see Ashi meet and help Jack in the battle against Aku
>>
>>82541623
>>82541709

>mid-aku fight, but after guardian fight
>Aku tried to kill Jack by aging him, since being stuck the same age and beard was the whole theme of this season
>Ashi or Scotsman helps Jack by stopping Aku before Jack is too old and frail in age-attack
>Jack, now with beard again, older, like in guardian episode
>Jack kills Aku for good
>kinged by Scotsman (thus, crown and cape)
>goes back in time

screenshot this.
>>
>>82541709
scotsman and the other allies are pretty easy to write into it, just have ashi go rally them in a B-plot or something
>>
>>82540423
I miss Punished Jack.
>>
>>82541129
I would call s05e07 a 10/10.
>>
Pretty poor. Every other episode just makes the main theme/concept of the season nullified. By now, there was no reason for a time skip and no reason for Jack to have never killed a human before.
>>
File: 1490466946354.jpg (83KB, 736x570px) Image search: [Google]
1490466946354.jpg
83KB, 736x570px
>Next time, on the series finale of Samurai Jack..
>>
>>82541129
Episode 1: 7/10
Episode 2: 8/10
Episode 3: 9/10
Episode 4: 7/10
Episode 5: 6/10
Episode 6: 7/10
Episode 7: 6/10
Episode 8: 8/10
>>
File: hqdefault-1-3.jpg (25KB, 372x276px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1-3.jpg
25KB, 372x276px
>>82540423
Love it. Great story telling and visuals. Ep 8 is def my least favorite so far, but it was still fuckin hilarious and cute.
>>82541299
that whole episode just made me so damn happy.
>>
>>82543086
you mean

all 10/10 besides clip show episode being a 6/10
>>
Why couldn't the meditation give him the location of the sword instead of just having it appear in his hand? How about after ashy helps him find the sword he then decides to use her sheath? The way it stands now is Jack is a retard for not taking a moment to meditate and then they had a filler episode to get him laid. What an uninspiring last couple episodes.
>>
>>82544066
>clip show episode

People actually claim that the "clips show" parts weren't actually clips, but that they actually animated again those parts. The old 4 seasons apparently only exist in 480p.
>>
>>82544486
Are you really that retarded? There was no "location", the sword abandoned him. The 3 gods actually were testing if Jack still was worthy of the sword.
>>
First three episodes are genuinely great and lived up to their 13-year hype.

After that, it's been nothing but a slow and steep decline with its quality, completely dropping the shark with episodes 7 & 8.

Overall, the 5th season has been trash/disappointing at large.
>>
Only dumb niggers hate the 5th season.

Are you a dumb nigger?
>>
File: 1494245308236.jpg (15KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494245308236.jpg
15KB, 300x400px
>>82540423
First three episodes were great. It all went downhill once Ashi became a main character.

>Bad pacing
>Forced romance
>Weird out of place sex jokes
>Rushed character development
>Plot points resolved with little to no tension or buildup.

I don't think I've ever seen a TV season(let alone a 10 ep one) drop so far in quality with every episode as much as this one has.
>>
>>82545862
kill yourself
>>
>>82545862
Forced? Cmon he saved her life, shes fucking hot. Forced?!
>>
>>82544682
Are you so dense you didn't understand that I thought it was stupid, considering it's an actual physical sword? No, seriously, how could you not understand what I posted yet have the gall to implying I'M stupid? Take a lap kid, you've lost the plot.
>>
>>82540423
Women ruin everything.
>>
File: Alimony Jack.png (365KB, 736x988px) Image search: [Google]
Alimony Jack.png
365KB, 736x988px
>>82546638
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.