[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Mike Rowe and his hit series "Dirty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 1493790965541.jpg (190KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
1493790965541.jpg
190KB, 1024x862px
What does /tv/ think of Mike Rowe and his hit series "Dirty Jobs"?
Do you think we'll be getting a new season?
>>
>>82522558
he would probably look good with a beard idk
>>
>>82522558
What exactly is wrong with any of these points?
>>
File: 1494090909388.jpg (49KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1494090909388.jpg
49KB, 640x637px
>>82522558
Do wagies actually believe this shit?
>>
>>82522558
not with this economy
>>
>>82522623
>sumbit, conform, retire a sick and broken man with nothing to his name. Make someone else rich.
Clearly the master race is the entrepreneur.
>>
>>82522639
yes
>>
>>82522746
>Falling for the entrepreneur meme

Watching too many Vanercuck TED talks, huh?
>>
>>82522831
You're missing the real point, which is the sheer cruel hilarity of the most cuckish /tv/ types trying to pretend they've got anything in common with "entrepreneurs".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA

Is this true?
>>
>>82522558
This should be in the dictionary next to the word 'entitled'
>>
>>82522558
Holy shit this list is every corporation's wet dream
>>
>>82523025
It's the Good Goy pledge.
>>
>>82523025
>Company's want good workers

yeah, I guess that makes sense to be honest
>>
He's kind of a faggot. He goes to peoples' shitty jobs and makes fun of them. It's kind of bullshit and he's a dick.

"Wow, you work 12 hours a day in this dick sucking factory? That really sucks a dick."

Also, he wrote some essay not too long ago just talking shit about blue collar jobs and telling kids not to go towards them. Seems like a total Hollywood fraud elitist to me to be honest.
>>
>>82523110
And when state want's good citizen, it's suddenly totalitarian dictatorship.
>>
>take a pledge saying that I should admit I'm born lucky
>that I should work hard and not complain

Care to say that pledge out loud in German Mike?

You see, /tv, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't even care. It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and work ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now. Eight, /tv. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, /tv, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
>>
>>82523148
all states should want good citizens
all companies should want good workers

if a state demands good citizenship it can be called tyrannical
if a company demands good workers it can be called successful
>>
>>82523148
>>82523110
>i will never complain
>my security is my responsibility
>show early
>leave later
>cheerfully volunteer
>choices not circumstances
>>
>>82522558

11 and 12 instantly contradict each other.

kek
>>
>>82523025

As pointed in one of photoshops, it's a "S.L.A.V.E." pledge:

Let's break it to some points:

1) Is usual patriotic garbage, nothing special.
2) the "happiness" is usually what is PRed more on a TV by companies.There are accounts of companies just lobbying and propagandizing the way of human living that complies to them (for example, pushing fat panic while (((coincidentally))) starting adding sugar to everything).

3) This is the loser argument for the cucks with the shitty-paying job, so that they wouldn't start thinking, for example, why a Hollywood whore's ass earns more for one photoshoot than they will earn in a decade working 10h/day in the ass of the world.

5) One of the few good points. But then again, communists were bashed, among the other things, for that shit. And not forget the whole "consumerism" that swiped the America.

6) I have only four words to say about it: Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire.

7) And mind you, not even talking about extra payment. Like a good goy.

8) "Find a new job" is a fucking meme. With the same result, i could declare "nah, i'll just get rich and healthy". Real life doesn't work this way.

9) >LIbrary cards are free
Until GOP decides to make a buck from them.

10) Well, I suppose if I break his fingers while mugging him, I won't need to have any guilt. After all, it's HE who appeared in the wrong place in the wrong time.

Also, this shit attitude enables the worst of managers at any kind of work - the ones who screw you over in order to get a raise themselves and lick bosses' ass.

11) "I am a cuck and I'm proud of it!".

12) I would love to get him worked for some of the bosses I knew just to see his face, when after warking half a year he won't receive shit. And tell him to stop complaining and put himself by the bootstraps.
>>
>>82523199
That brings up to the simple point. Lolbertarians "free marketeers" and AnCaps are just totalitarians who were too much of a losers to get in a state position.
>>
>>82523219

Yeah it's good workdrone ethic.

But work is like woman. Good beta drone is good... in the role of a drone. But the best piece of cake will go to your manager still, that does nothing, usually harms the job more than does anything good, but always gets scot-free because he has good smile, nice charisma and, what is more importantly, YOU to blame.
>>
is it worse to be a wagie or a neet?
>>
>>82522558
I agree with most of this, to a point.... but here's the reality, a lot of blue collar guys believe this shit so they get STUCK in a rut and just like to pretend it's noble to break your back for an employer that just shits all over you, constantly disrespects you, treats you like you do nothing when you're doing 10X the work of the bosses, and every day you come home psychologically bruised and physically sore. And then guys that believe that list like to pretend what they're doing is noble so they never seek a situation out where they're actually treated as human rather than some rented mule.

Hard work is important, it's important to do your best, it's important not to complain or make unnecessary waves. But that being said, you should ALSO know when you're underpaid for your job's market value and being exploited rather than appreciated. Then you search out jobs that pay better and treat you in a more dignified manner.
>>
>>82522558
broadway theatre actor takes on role of tough working blue collar man. pretty convincing actually.
>>
>>82523152
heh
>>
>>82524127

NEET, always. Wagecucks at least has some structure in their lives. NEETs usually waste away in self imposed isolation and develop misanthropic tendencies and a warped view of the world.

Being a wagecuck still sucks though.

t. once a NEET, now a wageslave
>>
the C.U.C.K. pledge
>>
>>82523587
Have you ever worked in a government agency? Everyone there would likely die of starvation very quickly in ancapistan outside of some warlord wanting to keep a harem of obese black women.
>>
>>82526606
Not an argument.
>>
>be Mike Rowe
>get a degree in communications from a university
>be a salesperson and opera singer
>end up on television for the rest of your career as a champion of the blue collar worker

simply, epic
>>
>>82523549
To springboard off you,
9) Library cards. Yeah good luck going into an interview for ANY job and when they ask for qualifications you present your library card

11 and 12 also directly contradict themselves too.
>world isn't fair and I accept that
>everybody is born equal
Here's what sheltered hollywood actors believe, everybody.

There's more points wrong but I don't feel like going into them here
>>
>>82522558
What the fuck does #6 even mean? That anything bad that happens to you on the job is your fault and the employer is totally off the hook for not maintaining a safe work environment? OSHA shouldn't exist?

Fuck this guy.
>>
>Millennials are terrified of hard work

No wonder the western world is in shit
>>
>>82526764
I think he means that you shouldn't rely on other people to keep you safe and that just following the guidelines (being in compliance) doesn't necessarily mean you are safe from all danger
Really just sounds like "don't be careless and try not to get hurt"

As I am not American I have never seen his show though
>>
>7.
>distinguish myself

Or you could just not work like a good little slave, learn how management operates, converse with people intelligently or learn to do so, and learn to propose improvements to the job your are doing, or at least keep track of that shit.
Working hard and working smart are two different things.
Slaves work hard, anyone can be a slave, ergo the task itself does not distinguish itself.
What is distinguishing is smart people who find solutions and showcase an understanding of business and its requirements to survive and improve beyond "gib salary pls".
>>
File: 0ZdVJqx.jpg (230KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
0ZdVJqx.jpg
230KB, 800x640px
>>82522558
This looks like a thing Jewish Satan would want you to sign in exchange for getting really good at playing piano
>>
>>82522558
How does he define "whining and complaining"?
>>
>>82527094
Saying anything other than "Yes sir"
>>
>>82526709
This. At least Bill Nye actually worked in STEM before becoming "the Science Guy"
>>
>>82522558
>Mike Rowe the Corporate Hoe
>>
>>82527094
Anything other than licking your bosses' ass.
>>
>>82526930
>Or you could just not work like a good little slave, learn how management operates, converse with people intelligently or learn to do so, and learn to propose improvements to the job your are doing, or at least keep track of that shit

You propose commie things, mate.

Funny commie, making workers overtake the management instead of some delusional bitch from college that has learned anything "from the book", but doesn't know how this shit works in real life and can't think outside of the book definitions.

That was, obvsly, a sarcasm. But not without a bitter part of real life.
>>
>>82522558
I think a lot of his social media showboating is at odds with the obnoxiously cynical asshole he is in the show.
>>
>>82526719

You should go into them.
And, maybe, combine that into copypasta for the wagecucks.
>>
>>82529586
>You propose commie things, mate.
>don't learn the game and don't patronize the glorious government representative management put there by the party
>be a good little slave and just work hard without thinking hard about anything

You are talking with someone who actually comes from an ex-commie country ya doffus.
Get the fuck out.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.