[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>IT remake >The Dark Tower It's looking like a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

File: it-remake-movie-poster.jpg (52KB, 620x863px) Image search: [Google]
it-remake-movie-poster.jpg
52KB, 620x863px
>IT remake
>The Dark Tower
It's looking like a good year for Stephen King fans. The trailers look really good. Thoughts, constant readers?
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 512x288px
>>
File: the-dark-tower-roland-idris-elba.jpg (887KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
the-dark-tower-roland-idris-elba.jpg
887KB, 1200x800px
>>
>good
>>
>>82515554
>implying
>>
File: images (1).jpg (16KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
16KB, 511x288px
>>
Was the guy in the Dark Tower book black?
>>
File: dt_july11_14.jpg (147KB, 550x835px) Image search: [Google]
dt_july11_14.jpg
147KB, 550x835px
>>
>>82515663
No, he was a Clint Eastwood clone, basically.
>>
>>82515578

unless this scene involves a slide whistle sound effect I will hate it.
>>
>>82515436
>good
Are you a troll?
>>
>>82515436
>Thoughts, constant readers?
I'll watch IT when IT's on Netflix, and I'll skip through dark tower when I'm drunk.
Call me when they do an Insomnia/Talisman miniseries
>>
>>82515554
"No!"
>>
>>82515706
I'm certainly not. I think they're both going to be great. A nice change from all the terrible adaptations of the past.

>>82515759
>Insomnia
High hopes, anon.
>>
>>82515693
I would actually enjoy that. Either that, or Pennywise pokes out of the sewer like a simple appendage or tentacle of IT's true form, connected to the deeper creature within.
>>
File: scared.png (224KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
224KB, 393x377px
>The fucking comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCdOQsX5kc

>2:16
>>
File: 0125623637.png (364KB, 794x328px) Image search: [Google]
0125623637.png
364KB, 794x328px
He doesn't look scary at all... I have never seen the 90's mini series but Tim Curry from what I have seen looks WAY MORE SCARY than this clown
>>
>>82516287
>I have never seen the 90's mini series
GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>82516287
yeah, mostly because in the original they were going for more unsettling rather than straight scary which this is doing
although I have to say I do like the makeup style
>>
>>82515817
I'm assuming that you're an illiterate retard then, who's never read the Dark Tower series.

Because if you had, you'd know how much they fucked up.
>>
Are they going to include the orgy in IT and the casual racism in The Dark Tower?
>>
File: Pennywisesmile.jpg (31KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Pennywisesmile.jpg
31KB, 450x338px
>>82516287
Penmywise at least in the books and tim currys version he understood the inate unsettling fear of something so ordinary and unthreatening but with the power to kill you with a flick of the wrist anytime and anywhere awake or asleep

pennyiwise is pretty much freddy kruger on steroids

Pennywise was never trying to kill them. he enjoyed torturing them mentally much more
>>
>>82516396
I've read them all. I have no problem with the casting. Stephen King has no problem with the casting. Get fucked.
>>
>>82515436
>the trailers look really good

>every single line in the Dark Tower trailer absolutely conradicts actual content from the books
>>
>>82516528
So I'm assuming they're going to turn the handicapped lady in to a southern white women then?

Or will all the racially charged dialogue simply be dropped?

In which case, why stop there, why not cast the kid as Philippine transvestite?
>>
>>82516572
>>82516528
Once again reddit get btfo
>>
>>82515436
>>
Dark tower trailer had a lot of memeing video game effects translated to film shit going on, looked like a Snyder film frankly with shit like the slow motion reloading cylinders in mid air
>>
>>82515436
I'm hype for IT but a little worried about The Dark Tower. It looks like they changed the entire tone of the story. Also, are we clear on whether this is just the first installment or are they actually going to try to collapse it all down into one movie?
>>
File: Le Brouillard.jpg (23KB, 220x357px) Image search: [Google]
Le Brouillard.jpg
23KB, 220x357px
But there's only ever been one really good Steven King adaptation
>>
>>82518845
Two - there's still The Shawshank Redemption.

Interestingly, the same guy directed both.
>>
>>82517013
Oh nice dude really showed him
>>
>>82515436
Excited for the new It movie, I will probably skip out on the shitty YA Dark Tower movie with nigger Eboland.
>>
>>82515436
The It movie looks interesting, I thought the original was corny as fuck. I used to cringe when people said that movie scared them when they were a kid.

Now as for The Dark Tower series, those books sucked dick. I thought the characters were interesting, but they were thrown into a shit blend of a story that read like an autistic fanfiction crossover of King's work, with King himself as a character in it. I think they cast Flagg well in it though, and I really did like him in The Stand, so MAYBE I'll check it out. The Stand and From a Buick 8 are the only King books I like.

Dean Koontz is much better, fuck King
>>
>>82518874
You forgot about Misery
>>
>>82518874
The Green Mile.
>>
>>82521546
Shit, that too. The Shining's a great movie as well, but it's far more Kubrick's baby than it is King's.
>>
IT looks like a decent horror flick. The 90s one sucks aside from Tim Curry and IT is a cool concept so I'm happy its being remade. I'm cautiously optimistic. Not sure why people act like the trailer is bad, IT is just horror with a spooky monster clown, what did people expect?

The Dark Tower looks like absolute trash. The only thing remotely interesting about it is the casting. Virtue signalling aside, Idris Elba is a decent choice for Roland and I'm curious to see what Mcconaughey does with Flagg. Otherwise is looks truly awful. And not just because it's different from the books. The books are extremely overrated and they get worse as the series goes on. They start off decent and just become a Stephen King wankfest.
>>
i lol at people who say it mini series wasnt scary, did you watch it as a 10 year old?? no. then stfu how would u know if you never experienced it as a kid before you could seperate fiction from reality, i couldnt look at ITs face untill i was way older, it really did scare the fuck out of me as a lil kid
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 246x205px
>>
>>82522707
So King makes books that frighten little kids? Go read Goosebumps faggot.
>>
mini series not book you fruit cup
>>
That swimming scene is Bonersville. Did everyone wear white undies in the 80s or is this a case of pottery?
>>
I love Idris Elba but it was the wrong choice for this movie. However if the movie around him was good I wouldn't have a problem with it. The fact that the movie looks like a low budget Underworld sequel or I Frankenstein or any number of other grimdark generic trash 2010 "sci fi fantasy action film" is why the movie looks terrible. A serious, weird western with hints of the supernatural and sci fi concepts is what was needed for this movie. Everyone involved behind the scenes ranges from incompetent to complete fuck up and the fact that this movie clearly won't have any sequels is a travesty.
>>
This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.
>>
File: beep beep ritchie.jpg (70KB, 491x853px) Image search: [Google]
beep beep ritchie.jpg
70KB, 491x853px
>>
>>82522850

You've missed the whole point of the story about growing up and dealing with fear.

Also the Drider at the end..
>>
>>82516520
The tim curry version looked stupid too, honestly.
Show me a picture of a clown that actually looks scary.
>>
File: 14676527.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
14676527.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
/tv/ is going to talk about IT for months to come, that's what we know for sure.
>>
File: reddIT.png (1MB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
reddIT.png
1MB, 960x1440px
>>82523762
>>
don't forget the mist
>>
>>82523869

I fear for the Beverly posting.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.