[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who didn't like this show, what didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: breaking-bad-S5.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
breaking-bad-S5.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
For those of you who didn't like this show, what didn't you like about it or when did you think it went downhill?
>>
>>82505710

All the characters are annoying and unlikable

The two main characters constantly argue and bicker like two little bitches

Much of the story is boring, especially all the cancer stuff

The pacing is glacially slow

Bad editing and camera work
>>
>>82505710
Season 1 i thought "this guy's sort of a dick"
Season 2 when they did the los alamos episode I lost all respect for him
>>
>>82505710

The fucking thing with Walt meeting Jane's father in the bar or whatever and him causing the plane crash. Coincidences like that are incredible when they happen in real life but when they're written to occur they're just stupid. It made me resent the show when I hear people say how "smart" the writing is.
>>
>>82506272
is it opposite day?
>>
>>82506504
Exactly this. That was the first moment where I really couldn't suspend my disbelief anymore. I did enjoy the show all the way through, but by season 4 they'd piled up the high-stakes plot twists so high, in such a short amount of time, that it became a cartoon.

A fun cartoon, granted. But not the same show it was for the first 2 seasons
>>
>>82505710
Went downhill after S2 when they decided to write it as it went along. What a waste.
>>
>>82506605

Yeah, I don't hate the show at all. I would even consider myself a fan. I watch Better Call Saul every week. I mostly hate the fanbase, to be honest. They constantly praise it as the greatest ever when they've never seen any other great shows so they have no real reference level.
>>
>>82506605
Yeah I agree with this. There were definitely some great moments near the end like the train episode, but, like you said, it basically became a cartoon. Gus adjusting his tie after getting his face blown off was probably the last straw for me, personally.
>>
>its an anon couldn't disband his disbelief while watching a tv show episode
>>
>>82506744
>Gus adjusting his tie after getting his face blown off was probably the last straw for me, personally.

Fucking this. The fact that everyone says it was "such a great le EPIC scene XD" when in reality it's one of the stupidest scenes ever committed to television and a black mark on the show. It was a jump the shark moment, in my opinion.
>>
>>82506801
It's different when a show tries to be scientifically accurate and "realistic"
>>
>>82506801
...what
>>
>>82506801

>it's the shitty go-to defense of bad character/story writing in a show where the rules of logic and reality apply episode

Fuck anyone who does this. Game of Thrones fans do the same thing when someone criticizes a character acting illogically because of bad writing.

"OH YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT REALISM IN A SHOW WITH DRAGONS AND MAGIC XD"

It's not the same fucking thing.
>>
>>82506841
Science, bitch !!!

hahaha such a nerd XDEE
>>
I loved it all the way through but I really feel like it nosedived in season 5 with all the weird plotting and pacing. Like how they spend half an episode with Walt figuring out how to lie to his family about why gas is soaking the living room
>>
>>82506744
Yeah, the train episode was a favorite for me too, from beginning to end. They didn't do a bad job at all when the show went all the way into genre-movie territory. It was only shitty when Vince was trying to have his cake and eat it too. There were many points where he still wanted us to take the characters & their domestic struggles seriously, when their actions & circumstances had become far too ridiculous and pulpy to get emotionally invested in.
>>
>>82505710

Early seasons basically run on the same formula as 1960's Adam West Batman show.

Old guy + young sidekick get into impossible sticky situation. Omg how will they escape! And then he throws a smoke bomb or some shit. Over and over and over.

Gus was the main thing I did like about the show.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.