[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>from literally who heroes to arguably more popular than Batman/Superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 36

>from literally who heroes to arguably more popular than Batman/Superman

how did Marvel do it?
>>
Having a shit ton of money and making sure no matter where you are, what channel you watch, or what site you browse, you WILL know about these characters and movies.
>>
>>82504522
not hiring Snyder
>>
By making them more funthan Batman/Superman
>>
>>82504522
insanely good casting
>>
File: 1475353966436.jpg (37KB, 526x473px) Image search: [Google]
1475353966436.jpg
37KB, 526x473px
>>82504522
>mfw the mouse always wins
>>
File: av.png (1MB, 796x720px) Image search: [Google]
av.png
1MB, 796x720px
they treat every movie like it's a standalone with respect to the source material and have good writers and god tier casting

i mean look at fucking BvS. we get the debut of flash in a shitty h246 video

that is fucking unacceptable. we're getting a JL movie with NO green lantern. joker & harley were walking hot topic and gal gadot is such a shit actress they made all the supporting amazonians speak with her shitty israeli accent to cover it up. it's not even snyder's fault as much as it's the suits at the top.

i can't believe i'm saying it but i'm more hyped for thor 3 in 2017 than a justice league movie and that's really sad for DC which i do love as a company
>>
It was refreshing after Spider-Man/Batman being shoved down our throats for years
>>
By making comic book movies RIGHT. They're supposed to be fun and light-hearted, not edgy and grimdark.
>>
Disney knows the formula to print money.
>>
>>82504782
>>82504601
not true, the mouse definitely kicks the marketing into overdrive, but pre-disney marvel studios were still making hits

iron man was their first movie and hype right out the gate with the comic-con footage. you could tell immediately they had lightning in a bottle with RDJ as stark

WB is wasting henry cavill who has been a fan favorite casting since singer's superman returns
>>
>>82504926
This.

Warner Bros is out of touch with everything film wise while DC does a good job with comics. Meanwhile, Marvel churns out mostly great movies while their comics have become drivel that lost touch with their audience.
>>
Snyder needs to be eradicated. Mel fucking Gibson could make better DC movies than he could
>>
>>82505068
marvel's comics went to shit after quesada left to help do the media stuff. he was the perfect editor-in-chief who understood the balance between the nerds and the normies
>>
>>82504522
Superman is from a bygone era and has all the relevance of Mickey Mouse. Notice how Disney ditched the Mickey character because he isn't relevant anymore?
>>
>>82504522
I don't recall Cap in my early life, but I did see Iron Man in some cartoon in the 90s I think. Maybe in Spiderman or X-Men I'm not sure. I fleetingly thought he was cool.
>>
>captain american
>literally who
>>
Marvel has good CGI and fun movies.
DC has bad CGI and deep movies that aren't really deep.
>>
File: 7345734562.jpg (158KB, 1400x888px) Image search: [Google]
7345734562.jpg
158KB, 1400x888px
Nolan and copycats were trying to make everything dark and realistic after TDK, while Marvel basically said "fuck that" and did their own thing and audiences liked it.
>>
they took their time
>>
File: 1332732712764.jpg (252KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1332732712764.jpg
252KB, 960x1280px
>>82505163
that' s not fair to snyder, as mel is a better director than 95% of all director's working today

WB/DC's problem is at the top. they do everything by suit/committee

they NEED a feige. ONE guy, (has to be the right guy of course) but one guy needs to have full power and autonomy

but WB saw how successful marvel has been and wanted to copy it with none of the soul. they all want to get the glory without working for it and certainly not giving up the power

they should've done a superman, batfleck, ww, flash, gl, THEN JLA movie, instead they saw that avengers money and tried to force it and their entire universe is fucked and have wasted casting
>>
>>82504926
the problem with your analysis is that normies cheered during that awful mini-trailer sequence in BvS
>>
>>82504522
>comics division
>how can we capitalize on this?
>replace Tony with a kid nigga girl and turn Captain America into a nazi!
How did they do it, indeed
>>
>>82504926
>respect to the source material
tip fucking top kek
>>
>>82504522
This might be true now but no way in hell will this last, batman/superman are ingrained in pop culture and have been for a very long time.

A few bad marvel movies or actor replacements and they will be ditched
>>
>>82505568

Why does Marvel get a pass when it comes to this kind of thing? They can change every single aspect of a character and Marvel fans still act like Marvel is reverently translating their greatest stories onto the big screen.
>>
>>82504522
>arguably

??????

Civil War made more money than BvS. That's tangible proof that they are more popular. There's nothing "arguable" about it.
>>
>>82505210
>Notice how Disney ditched the Mickey character because he isn't relevant anymore?
they just made new shorts with Mickey, The Donald and Goofy like a year ago. however his personality was changed into something wackier
>>
>>82504522
making good movies
>>
File: 1487659028877.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487659028877.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>Literally who
Maybe if you're retarded. Each of them had at least one cartoon and the Avengers has always been one of marvel's premiere teams everyone would of been familiar with if they knew about Spider-Man or the X-Men.
>>
File: absolute_madman_at_work.gif (399KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
absolute_madman_at_work.gif
399KB, 320x180px
>>82505210
I could understand that if some of the best comics Superman has ever been in hadn't been released less than 15 years ago.
>>
>>82505951
No one outside of /co/mblr ever cared about Ironman before Robert Downey Jr. played him. The Marvel big 3 for normies before MCU was Spiderman, Wolverine, and Hulk.
>>
>>82505674

Because when Marvel does it, it is for the betterment of the story, whereas when Warner Brothers does it it is because they are clueless.
>>
>>82506189
He wasn't world famous but many people remember this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE
>>
>>82505951
I used to watch Spiderman and X men as a kid and never heard of the avengers.

In fact, before DC disappointing me with terrible movies I didnt even know there was a difference between DC and Marvel.
>>
>>82506282
also I AM I R O N M A N
>>
>>82505269
Iron Man and TDK were made at the same time though
>>
>>82506307
Sounds like you were just a turbo casual. The Avengers even appeared on Spider-Man TAS when they adapted Secret Wars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlALop8q9RY
>>
>>82506189
My favorite X-Men was always Gambit. But nobody seems to give a flying fuck about him.
>>
>>82506450
I dont think it was aired here.

But most of the people who go to marvel movies arent even casual comic book readers or watched any of the tv series. They just know them from appearance.

I recently went to see Star Wars with a guy and he kept asking which one Luke Skywalker was.
>>
>>82506450
>Sounds like you were just a turbo casual
that's the point. most people are turbo casual when it comes to a comic book. all they know is Superman Batman Spiderman X-men. all Avenger were Literally Who back then.
>>
File: 1308941111425.jpg (132KB, 900x602px) Image search: [Google]
1308941111425.jpg
132KB, 900x602px
>>82505951
avengers were always marvel's b-team compared to the success of x-men

they were supposed to be the JLA of the marvel universe, the "all-star" team mind you, but x-men were just popular after storm, wolverine, colossus, nightcrawler lineup joined

90s comics boom/cartoon/video games blew them up even more

WB wasted all that bruce timm/paul dini credit. 25 years of telling amazing kino DC stories, and they blew it. i will forever be mad
>>
File: 1480803252380.jpg (87KB, 470x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480803252380.jpg
87KB, 470x750px
>>82506787
that picture makes me happy
>>
>>82505638
>No way it will last.
>This has been said for over 9 movies now.
>>
File: 1308937662271.jpg (181KB, 463x800px) Image search: [Google]
1308937662271.jpg
181KB, 463x800px
>>82506951
>>
>>82506189
Spiderman is still Marvel's biggest character by a huge margin. I believe he's only underneath Batman for the most merchandised superhero.
>>
>>82504601
>>82504782

Ironman was made when they were a small nobody studio making a huge gamble.
>>
>>82506236
>betterment
>>
>>82509993
Spider-Man is literally and unironically the only decent character ever created at Marvel comics

>bbbbut my wolverine
*cringe*
>>
>>82505951
You don't get it. Back before 2008, if you said Spider-man, Superman or Batman to ANYONE, not just comic book/superhero fans, chances are they would know who they were. Ironman and to some degree Captain America didn't even cross a lot of peoples radars.
>>
Because Iron Man producers read 2009 film audiences like a book.

>mostly against the war in the Middle East
>Pro-soldier
>anti-military industrial complex
>patriotic without being culty
>a character men want to be
>a character women want to be with
>smart writing without being full of itself
>liberals loved the anti-war message
>conservatives loved the rugged individualism message

I don't think any other cape movie absolutely NAILED it's audience like Iron Man did.
>>
>>82504682
This is the only correct answer (except for some of the side characters and villains, and arguably BW). No other actors in the industry deserve their salary as much as the Marvel cast. The stories suck, the action is sloppy and poorly edited, the CGI is worse than Indian tier but somehow the cast makes it all work.
>>
File: Man-Thing_Disambiguation.jpg (380KB, 581x713px) Image search: [Google]
Man-Thing_Disambiguation.jpg
380KB, 581x713px
>>82510213
>Implying
>>
>>82504522
> Marvel
> DC

Those aren't things. It's Disney vs Time Warner. Two mega corporations with Disney being the one that's far more powerful
>>
>>82506282

I remember that cartoon. It was awful. Stark was a depressed drunk. I'm glad the movies didn't go that way.
>>
>>82510519
shitty swamp thing
>>
>>82510252
people don't care about comics.
So basically a character being unpopular in comics makes no difference when making a movie about them.
>>
>>82504782
Vintage meme, my friend.
>>
>>82504522

>Ironman/cap
>who heros

Fucking wut?
>>
>literally who

Everyone knew Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the arrow guy from The Avengers.
>>
When Captain America died during the Civil War comic run the late show with David Letterman held up his fucking sheild and said rest in peace while the crowd went all sad. Cap dying was everywhere. Thats before all the MCU shit took off.

I'll give you IronMan that motherfucker is popular as fuck now.
>>
Iron Man was great and it kickstarted everything. Incredible Hulk, which came out the same year and had a far more popular character, underwhelmed audiences and critics alike.

Iron Man had an awesome suit, cool action, a likable main character, and tons of fun scenes and dialogue. General audiences couldn't care less about any Marvel heroes who are not named Spider-Man or not in the X-Men, but Marvel turned it all around with one movie.

DC, on the other hand, had the two biggest superheroes ever in the same movie, and couldn't even break the billion dollar mark.
>>
>>82510213
>disagrees with me
cringe
>likes a character that I don't like
da cringe
>inhales oxygen so the body can perform cellular respiration creating adenosine triphosphate nucleotides
CRINGE
>>
>>82510321
the real twist is less than that. all you need to realize was marvel just changed vietnam to afghanistan

>mostly against the war in SE Asia
>Pro-soldier
>anti-military industrial complex
>patriotic without being culty
>a character men want to be
>a character women want to be with
>smart writing without being full of itself
>liberals loved the anti-war message
>conservatives loved the rugged individualism message

stark was always about himself first. truly a great character
>>
>>82505779
Front and centre I mean. Maybe DC needs to find a character reflective of the times and drop Superman because their best attempts at him clearly ain't working... again.
>>
File: Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg (161KB, 648x853px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg
161KB, 648x853px
>Spiderman is still Marvel's biggest character by a huge margin. I believe he's only underneath Batman for the most merchandised superhero.

Spiderman vastly outsells batman worldwide.
>>
>>82510449
I think it's more that Marvel figured out a good way of introducing Superheroes with their origin stories.

They found that every movie involving an origin story works best by fleshing out the hero, which is more easily done by having a villain who acts like their mirror opposite. Because the villain acts as a mirror they don't have to spend much time on them and can instead focus everything on developing the hero with the result being a fun ride along with people going on some fantastical journey.
>>
>>82504522
>Ironman and Captain America
>literally who
Maybe Ironman didn't have much recognition before this, but Captain America was already a legend. The only reason he didn't get a lot of films more recently is because his costume would never succeed in live action, the new costume made it pretty easy to popularize him even more.
>>
>>82504522
I'm more curious as to how someone could possibly fuck up a Batman V Superman movie and make it not fun, interesting or entertaining at all.
>>
>>82504522
By spending billions on marketing
>>
>>82504522
>>from literally who heroes to arguably more popular than Batman/Superman
Not even fucking close my friend
>https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%2012-m&q=iron%20man,batman,superman,captain%20america
Fuck even Harley Quinn is more popular than Cap
>>
>>82516363
Its even funnier that the video games had better plots that the movie.
>>
>>82504522
I still don't like cap though
>>
>>82516863
>even Harley

You mean the currently most popular DC character after Batman?
>>
>>82516363
DC aren't clueless. They make good cartoons. They know how to do storytelling that works for their IPs. But they've just bungled their cinematic universe in a horrifyingly fantastic way.
>>
>>82516923
Still behind Supe but getting there
>https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%2012-m&q=iron%20man,batman,superman,captain%20america,harley%20quinn
All three more popular than cap and iron man of course
>>
>>82505638
Not if they keep it up.

DC are killing Batman and Superman with these movies. People will soon associate those characters with the current movies, rather than the older ones.

Meanwhile Marvel makes their worthless characters that nobody has heard of into blockbusters.
>>
test
>>
File: 1439387223534.jpg (29KB, 442x475px) Image search: [Google]
1439387223534.jpg
29KB, 442x475px
The way you win is buy getting them early

This shit was always on when i got home from school

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNgc0UybvGA
as well as
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piUE2vEAoCw
and there wasnt any DC shit that i saw

I mean i liked both shows and i like MCU so i guess it worked.
>>
>>82516863
>dat cultural dominance
Based, although I think this is more an US/Europe thing. Marvel movies always perform better in the third world and China
>>
>>82505638
Nigga in 2 years we will have had a decade of Marvel movies. They are making a Black Panther movie. Black fucking Panther. That's how well off Marvel is right now, that a Black Panther movie is not only something they can seriously consider, but will probably make bank on due to his generally well received debut in that Captain America movie. Hell, I actually want to see it cause I thought he was cool. If you had told me in 2009 that I would be excited to see a Black Panther movie I wouldn't have believed it.

At this point Marvel would have to actively try to sabotage their success. Like a bunch of the execs get together and start betting how shitty they can go before people bail on their franchise.
>>
>>82505068
marvels comics are currently more interesting than blandbirth
>>
>>82517380
You're asking for America #1 to be storytimed here and you know you don't want that, shill
>>
>>82517407
DC has various comics just as bad as America #1 you cretin
>>
File: John_carter_poster.jpg (22KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
John_carter_poster.jpg
22KB, 259x383px
>>82504601
>>82504782
>muh Mouse

Explain this disaster idiots.
>>
>>82517436
Last warning, consider this mercy
>>
>>82504522
>Captain America
>literally who

He wasn't on the level of Batman/Superman but he was never unheard of.

Iron Man was never super popular but he wasn't unheard of either, he was just more known for ensemble comics than by himself.
>>
>>82505420
>normies cheered during that awful mini-trailer sequence in BvS

Those were not normies. Those were autistic DC ultra fans.

Normies hated BvS.
>>
>>82517481
oh no! a work of entertainment made by an immature leftist who puts in thinly veiled sociopolitics!! how will i cope!! nobody has ever published a comic like this before, certainly not DC!!
>>
>>82517486
iron man was way more well known than captain america
>>
>>82517170

The funny thing is Avengers 2 are arguable the worst movie in the series.

If that wasn't enough to kill MCU nothing will for a long time.
>>
>>82517543
Iron Man was never more well known than Captain America. I'm not even American and I know this. Captain America was seen as a bit antiquated but still very relevant in both the comics world and as a cultural figure.

Iron Man was largely unheard of by regular people and in the comics world he was more known for being part of groups like the Avengers and for events like Civil War than he was for his own shit.
>>
>>82517380
Rebirth is crushing marlel in comics so bad that marlel is going to pull a half assed Rebirth in a few months
>>
>>82517545
It's cause people love the characters now. Even if Avenger's 2 was undeniably subpar it still makes money hand over fist because nobody who likes these movies is going to miss seeing all their favorite characters together in one big adventure.
>>
>>82516030

It's pretty funny how everyone thinks that Batman and Superman are so super famous worldwide while they make less money than a lot of popular anime.
>>
>>82517584
thats not true at all. captain america was a comic book character known by people who liked comics whereas iron man was in about 4 cartoons or something and had his own show

>>82517592
yeah i know and hopefully its not as fucking boring as blandbirth
>>
>Batman
>Superman
>Spiderman

Anyone else is literally who. Maybe except Hulk and Wolverine.
>>
>>82504522
they didnt anon. stop talking out your ass
>>
>>82517672

Everybody knows Iron Man or Thor now.
>>
The popularity game was always DC's to lose.

Marvel's done a competent job but they couldn't compete against a DC/WB that knew what it was doing. Unfortunately it no longer does.
>>
>>82517728
They are still babbytier compared to the big 3.
>>
>>82517658
Don't worry it will be fun, like "regular issue of superman outselling a marvel event digitally" fun but still
>>
>>82517821
? i dont know why you keep talking about sales between two companies neither of us work for
>>
>>82517796
Not anymore. The only one people still give a shit about anymore is Batman. Superman's lost a great deal of his appeal and the only ones who really give a shit about Wonder Woman anymore are feminists who don't read comics.

You ask the average person on the street who they give more of a shit about, Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America, or Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman and they'll tell you the former.
>>
>>82504522
>more popular than Batman/Superman
lol no
>>
>>82517850
Why do you guys keep making shit up when the data is available in this same thread?>>82516863
>>
File: me pepe.jpg (30KB, 516x604px) Image search: [Google]
me pepe.jpg
30KB, 516x604px
>be WB
>have superior capeshit universe
>have suprerior and iconic characters
>even one of them can literally made bil easily if movie is at least above average
>have all the hype
>have tons of fans
>have DCAU and MCU as examples of adaptations
>failed so hard that greatest capeshit team of all time is less wanted than reddit-squad of literally who
>movie about the most famous female superhero is already doomed
>even FUCKING BATMAN is struggles to be created
Worst fucking timeline.
>>
>>82504522
if your character was succesful before the capeshit era, then they are far more symbolic than iron man and captain america will ever be. I'm talking specifically spiderman and batman, who got high budget movies when superheroes were considered strictly for kids and manchildren. Superman is different, he's more of the idea of a superhero prototype instead of an actual well-loved character, as he's pretty boring. So unless these two survive the superhero fad, i wouldn't put them over spiderman, batman or superman in terms of popularity. The superhero fad itself is nothing more than a love for franchises and continuity that was never fully present in the movie industry, and is especially appealing to millenials who grew up with harry potter and star wars.
>>
>>82517893
Fuck I forgot google searches were the be all-end all
>>
>>82518054
>objective data contradict my delusions so let's ignore it
tip top kek
>>
File: marlel.png (56KB, 1919x769px) Image search: [Google]
marlel.png
56KB, 1919x769px
>>82504522
>more popular than Batman/Superman
Normies who praise the films raise the popularity of Marvel so high, the rest forget how terrible the fucking comics are. Say what you will about the cinematic universe for DC, but at least they shine in picture books and animations
>>
File: 1491876470569.jpg (871KB, 2680x2624px) Image search: [Google]
1491876470569.jpg
871KB, 2680x2624px
>>82506236
>respect to the source material
wew
>>
>>82518081
>implying I'm ignoring it

Why are you arguing if you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old? I said google searches are not the finite, indisputable ranking of popularity. If it were, why is DC getting raped at the box office?
>>
>>82516863
So they aren't as popular, just what I thought.
>>
>>82518129
Does Snyder just copy/paste everything from the comics? The man has no original ideas of his own.
>>
File: 1491946304890.png (111KB, 1037x586px) Image search: [Google]
1491946304890.png
111KB, 1037x586px
>>82518169
>If it were, why is DC getting raped at the box office?
It's not. Also they are consistently outselling marvel in video sales. They are simply more popular
>>
Snyder is fully at fault. His movies are all about some symbol and message while it's about goddamn dudes in capes. Like who the fuck does he think the audience is?
>>
>>82518129
>Snyder is completely butchered and ruined personality of every singe character, but look, he copypasted few panels from Millershit! Respect!
Retard
>>
>>82504522
>>from literally who heroes to arguably more popular than Batman/Superman
>this is what MCU fanboys actually believe
lel
>>
>>82518203
>blatant proof that Marvel doesn't respect the source material
>moves the goal post
>almost every MCU film is an arc from the respective comics
I dislike BvS as much as the next guy, but that is seriously some retarded fucking logic
>>
>>82518226
Then why are DC fans so insecure?
>>
>>82518226
Iron Man 3 - $391.8m
Avengers Age of Ultron - $382.3m
Guardians of the Galaxy - $204.2m
Big Hero 6 - $187.3m
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $166.2m
Thor The Dark World - $139.4m
Batman V. Superman - $105m
Ant-Man - $103.9m
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $81.31m
X-men Days of Future Past - $77.4m
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $70.4m
Man of Steel - $42.7m
Anon...
>>
>>82518305
>they are more popular
>here are objective proof that they aren't
>lol u insecure
fucking shills
>>
imagine having an IQ so low that you actually watch capeshit lol
>>
>>82518299
the source material for civil war is complete garbage, the film was honestly quite a big improvement
>>
>>82518226
Wow you sure showed me with that one example anon.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Every-Superhero-Movie-Has-Made-More-Money-Than-Batman-V-Superman-128387.html
>>
>>82518299
I'm not even that guy arguing about the source material, I just find it funny that every one of Snyders movies is literally a 1:1 adaption
>>
>>82518352
The injustice video games had a pretty fun plot. Where Superman took over the world.

They should have made the movie about that.
>>
>>82518256
>ruined personality of every singe character
I don't get this. Batman has killed outside of Miller's stories and has been stupidly over cautious when encountering Superman for the first time. Lex Jr is ripped straight from birthright. Superman has been severely depressed in comics as well. What else is there? Perry White being black?
>>
>>82518330
>They are more popular
>N-no my favourite children's movie is better! Look at my cherrypicked statistics?
>Why are DC faggots so insecure?
>S-stop calling me insecure!
>>
>>82506189
>The Marvel big 3 for normies before MCU was Spiderman, Wolverine, and Hulk.
True, and now they're going to have Ironman flying around in Homecoming as if people didn't know who Spiderman is or cared if Tony wasn't in there.
Ironman isn't even that good of a character, he's done the same shit since the second movie and now just about anyone can beat him.
>>
>>82518384
The Star Wars video games also have better plots than the Star Wars movies.

That's because in video games nobody gives a fuck. So they go all out.
While in movies they have to stick to certain expectations of the casual audience. Because there is too much money on the line.
>>
>>82518398
>google trends in every single country of the world are cherrypicked statistics
Fucking shills
>>
>>82517170
I would have figured that Ant Man or GotG would have been their big gamble over Black Panther. I never read any non-X-Men/Spider-Man comics back in the day, and I knew who Black Panther was.
>>
File: 1459137013684.jpg (256KB, 974x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1459137013684.jpg
256KB, 974x1104px
>>
>>82504522
Quips.
>>
File: 1460764000071.png (245KB, 498x680px) Image search: [Google]
1460764000071.png
245KB, 498x680px
>>82518437
>There were more searches for specific characters over a specific time frame so this means objectively that people like these movies more despite them being outperformed at the box office

>shills
You realize this meme only started because DC fags were so insecure about their rival being successful. I never gave a shit about marvel or DC but DC fags started shitting up this board because it was the wrong faggot in spandex beating up criminals on the big screen.
>>
>>82517451
>Tfw forgot this movie even existed
You now remember cowboys vs aliens too
>>
The thing is Marvel movies are fun but ultimately just as bad as DC ones, and way more forgettable and generic. That's why the characters outside Iron Man don't catch up with DC in the culture relevance and they get slaughtered in bluray sales. In the end these are two different model business and they are bothg succesful, but DC's trinity is still objectively more popular and that's how it's going to be for a long time
>>
>>82518391
>Batman has killed
Not in a single good or iconic story. Also in Millershit he has killed only ONE mutant and only because he was threaten a child. And Batman killing is not the problem. Problem is - Affleck's Batman is insane retard who is bad as detective, tactican and can't even keep his fucking secret identity. Also manipulated by twitchy mr autismo. And Brithright's Lex is shit.
>>
>>82518523
Look the OP, we were talking about the popularity of the characters. People looking them up notably more proves objecively they are more popular. But hey move those goalposts a little more no one will notice next time
>>
>>82518556
Marvel caught lightning in a bottle with RDJ as Ironman. They tried to emulate his snarky persona and quips into other characters but they can't pull it off. Seeing a city get leveled for the nth fucking time with no repercussions gets really really tiring and subtracts from the heroes threat of facing imminent danger. i really wish this fucking popcorn flicks of marvel ends.
>>
>>82518602
>Not in a single good or iconic story
>So it doesn't count!

>who is bad as detective, tactican and can't even keep his fucking secret identity
Best point you've made all night. Still think he was a solid performance. But the "worlds greatest detective" shtick should have been more apparent.

>And Brithright's Lex is shit
>it's shit so that makes me right!
>>
File: hitlerdoritos.png (44KB, 1357x617px) Image search: [Google]
hitlerdoritos.png
44KB, 1357x617px
>>82518605
Right.

And I said that the search terms for specific things are not conclusive proof one movie franchise is more liked.

I bet you think Americans love Hitler more than doritos huh Anon?
>>
>>82506282
I remember seeing an episode. It wasn't exactly popular.
>>
>>82518710
So, your point is - it's okay if their characters is shit because they were shit in some comics? Shouldn't they adapt best ones? As Marlel did? (even if their best ones is bland shit in the first place, but even that worked for them)
>>
>>82518725
If this isn't the most embarrassing false equivalence I've ever seen it has to be pretty close.
>>
File: 1459142567356.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1459142567356.png
255KB, 770x711px
>>82518762
>>
>>82518785
>capeshit character vs capeshit character -> good comparision
>food vs dictator -> bad comparision
I don't know if you're baiting or legit fucktarded at this point, honestly I don't
>>
>>82504522
DC made bad movies, Marvel did ok movies.
>>
>>82518759
My entire point stemmed from the source material being respected or not. Zach just chose the wrong material for his characters and it backfired horribly. I get that people don't want to see depressed Superman. They want to see hopeful and heroic Superman, which in my opinion was best shown in MoS, pretty much the only good DC film at this point. But I still believe that these characters are portrayed just like they are from their comic book roots. Lex Jr, ect.
>>
File: 1459199754622.jpg (108KB, 790x680px) Image search: [Google]
1459199754622.jpg
108KB, 790x680px
>>82518849
>S-stop making retarded comparisons to make fun of my r-retarded arguments!
>>
File: 1493807990763-tv.jpg (62KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493807990763-tv.jpg
62KB, 540x960px
>>82518352
>no credible sources to confirm claim what-so-ever
Mouskeeter at it again.
>>
File: 1490856791734.png (30KB, 860x371px) Image search: [Google]
1490856791734.png
30KB, 860x371px
>>82518926
>kiss a little ass from time to time
>a little
>from time to time
Ironically, DC fans aren't fucking exaggerating when they pull the shill card
>>
>>82505234
It was probably Iron Man
>>
>>82518903
>I'm actually fucktarded and I just got BTFO pls stop bullying
>Superman, Batman and Harley Quinn still more popular than any MCU character
Say no more brah.
>>
File: 1490852343737-tv.jpg (385KB, 1352x903px) Image search: [Google]
1490852343737-tv.jpg
385KB, 1352x903px
>>82518977
And bots.

Just like this >>82518903
>>82518398 for example
>>
File: 1459633073395.png (110KB, 633x568px) Image search: [Google]
1459633073395.png
110KB, 633x568px
>>82518926
I don't give a shit about Marvel vs DC and I'm not autistic enough to be a compile every conceivable statistic about how one franchise is better than another. So I linked the first source available showing Marvel is consistently outperforming DC at the box office.

I just hate DC fags for ruining this board.
>>
File: 1453076353270.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453076353270.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>82518226
>>
>>82507100
And 9 years
>>
>>82519027
>I moved the goalpost from popularity to box office after getting rektd but I'm not a shill
doubt.png
>>
File: S70503-134649.jpg (206KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
S70503-134649.jpg
206KB, 720x1280px
>>82518926
Not so fast dcuck...

>>82505234
Because in 90's TAS universe he was "dead" since WW2 and Electro was Red Skull's wife's son.
>>
>>82518926
Well at least they are open about it now
>>
File: 1488181248462.jpg (83KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
1488181248462.jpg
83KB, 638x425px
>>82519060
>DC wins an academy award
>a fucking academy award over a shit category
>Mr. Doctor will best effects though, right?!
Still cracks me up
>>
>>82519014
>H-heh no you're dumb
>Check out all these cherrpicked stats showing people love my infantile children's characters more than another company's! N-nothing personal kid,

You were that faggot who argued about Xbox 360 vs PS3 or Star Wars vs Star Trek weren't you?

>Implying I give a shit about Marvel.

I don't give a fuck about Marvel. I just hate DC fags for ruining this board, now everything is Marvel vs DC and getting triggered the moment someone talks shit about their waifu.

You are the cancer.
>>
>>82519109
Calm down shill, it's just capeshit. OP made a claim about capeshit and I just proved it was false, no need to cry about it. Besides Batman, Superman and Harley Quinn are all cultural icons of the western culture but Marvel does other things well. They kind of ruined Spider-Man by rebooting him so many times but that's Sony's fault, not Marvel's. Iron Man is getting there but the source material it's just too shit.

tl;dr it's not Marvel's fault that they have no character up there with DC's finest so there is no need to be upset

ps:
>Xbox 360 vs PS3 or Star Wars vs Star Trek
Make google trend comparisions for these terms, see what happens
>>
>>82519167
>Harley Quinn
>cultural icon

>Make google trend comparisons for these terms, see what happens
I don't give a shit. I don't understand why people seem to think liking one automatically means you need to hate the other
>>
>>82504976
Depends on the story and characters.
>>
>>82518463
/thread
>>
>>82506282
holy shit that's macho as fuck
>>
>>82517850
>Superman's lost a great deal of his appeal
Blame the Nu-52 for forcing every character to suck Batman's dick. Supes had a pretty sizable fanbase before that (enough even to support 10 seasons of Smallville).

Say what you want about Rebirth but it's gradually undoing the damage done to the character and raising his reputation from the dirt.
>>
>>82504926
Ohhh, i get it. It's because Tony is an alcoholic.
That's pretty clever.
>>
>>82520732
Action/Superman/Supersons and especially New Superman in Rebirth has been fucking amazing, better than the Flash/Batman main storyline IMO and inarguably better than the entire Marvel's current catalog
>>
MARVEL ALWAYS WINS BABY
>>
>>82504647
This here.
>>
>>82518129
So lame
>>
>>82520934
Just no.
>>
File: 1490952473301.jpg (250KB, 1600x866px) Image search: [Google]
1490952473301.jpg
250KB, 1600x866px
>>82504522

Is it wrong to compare DETECTIVE comics to MARVEL comics??

Thats like comparing dick tracey to who framed roger rabbit.
>>
>>82518352
>http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Every-Superhero-Movie-Has-Made-More-Money-Than-Batman-V-Superman-128387.html
She-Hulk made more money?
>>
>>82524182
REMEMBER ME, EDDIE?
>>
>>82504522

By putting one writer on a project instead of 20
>>
File: Sensational She-Hulk.jpg (183KB, 900x1325px) Image search: [Google]
Sensational She-Hulk.jpg
183KB, 900x1325px
>>82524256
MCU Shulk when?
>>
>>82524336

>mfw people want Deadpool in the MCU when Shulk is right fucking there

I trust those motherfuckers with anything at this point, if anyone can make a female centric comedy kino it's Marvel
>>
>people assume these flicks have any cultural impact

Lol
Popular sure enough but none of these characters will ever reach the level of batman and Superman besides Spider-Man

And maybe wolverine as he has been in 29 x men movies and cartoons.

People forget these movies a month after they are released because only Normie like it and not obsessive compulsive nerds who obsesses over everything.
>>
>>82504926
First line is already blatantly false. There's nothing standalone about the MCU. It's all a big ad for the next film.
>>
>>82524399
Iron Man 3 wasn't.
>>
>>82504522
>captain america
>iron man
>literally whos

DCucks mad.
>>
>>82517451
They strayed too far from the books. I'm not going to see another John Carter movie ever unless it can be guaranteed upfront the that it will have TOTAL NUDITY.
>>
>>82518554
Cowboys and Aliens was kino of the highest form
>>
File: 1493694347172.png (508KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493694347172.png
508KB, 900x900px
>>82524182

Hm. Looks like you guys cant argue that two DIFFERENT fictional hero franchises are almost incomparable due to the different story telling styles they have.

Did i just btfo all the casuals that pick a side like they picked a president??

Sweet.
>>
File: 1486448370586.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486448370586.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>82505638
I think you underestimate the power of film and television. Remember the long, LONG hiatus Superman took out of the public eye between Superman IV and the animated show of the 90s? Remember how badly the Schumacher Batman films killed the character?

If DC keeps releasing bad movies into theaters that feature those characters, the general public will start to turn on them like >>82517053 said.
>>
>>82505638
Batman and Superman are relics of a bygone era and WB is just putting more nails on their coffin, wheras what they should be doing is trying to reinvent the characters. This is what "MUH ADHERENCE TO SOURCE" does, it will just attract a bunch of hardcore nerds and nobody fucking else.

Marvel on the other hand don't take themselves or their source material seriously, they have fun with it, have excellent casting (as it's been said already). Once they got the ball rolling, it takes much less effort to keep it rolling, so they can get away with a lot more.
>>
>>82524673

Hahahahahajahahahahaha.
You know what i did like about it sempai??

The 711 cup that was tied in to the movie. It lights up like that alien bracelet thingy.
>>
>>82504522
>how did Marvel do it?

The Disney formula. High marketing, feel good ending, nothing that would threaten normie's feeling.
>>
ask 100 random people to draw superman and batman

then ask them to draw captain america and iron man

i'm sure more would be able to do the former rather than the latter
>>
>>82524886
Superman and Batman are far simpler designs
>>
File: tumblr_okz3tqQbmi1r3x5j9o1_1280.png (593KB, 1280x574px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okz3tqQbmi1r3x5j9o1_1280.png
593KB, 1280x574px
>>82508319
>posting some ugly fattie
>not posting the superior moosefix picture
There is no excuse
>>
>>82524928
To be honest, neither of those bitches would fit Powergirl, although the second did it better she still isn't pretty enough in my opinion.
>>
>>82505058
>iron man was their first movie and hype right out the gate with the comic-con footage. you could tell immediately they had lightning in a bottle with RDJ as stark
this
>>
>>82525049
take

that

back
>>
>>82505341
This, so fucking this
>>
>>82504522
By letting Disney gut their characters, let the standard vacuous Disney stand-ins for characters step into their vacated husks, and prance around for children.
>>
File: tumblr_o3l5d8fml91r3x5j9o4_1280.jpg (168KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3l5d8fml91r3x5j9o4_1280.jpg
168KB, 1080x720px
>>82525049

Only one of them is actually athletic enough though. Face looks are pretty subjective desu.
>>
>>82525129
If they'd done that, the Disney spin machine would just accuse them of copying their formula, never mind the fact that Disney's already copying Snyder's visuals.
>>
>>82525284
Wasn't denying the second looked better for it, her off color eyebrows are really the thing that irk me, that's all, if she was a natural blonde or had dyed all of her visible hair, I'd have 0 problems.
>>82525108
No

Not

Ever
>>
favreau did
disney hijacked
>>
>>82505341
Can we stop pretending BvS/DC's problem is some magical obscure mistake made by some company suit or decision? The problem is they're shitty films.
>>
>>82504522

For being some super genius, Ironman sure is dumb as fuck. Why would he continue to try to beam the guy when he knows the properties of the shield being able to disperse force against it? He should have just grabbed the fucking thing and yanked it away.
>>
>>82504522
No way is Captain America more popular than Barman or Superman.
>>
>>82526199
Anger, betrayal, irrationality, and he does exactly that after a few moments, and don't forget that Cap isn't some fucking idiot or a pushover.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.