[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this really fucking necessary? I don't just mean this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8729.jpg (91KB, 1024x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8729.jpg
91KB, 1024x665px
Was this really fucking necessary?

I don't just mean this shot. I mean this entire youngling Jedi plotpoint.
>>
File: fucked.jpg (19KB, 521x302px) Image search: [Google]
fucked.jpg
19KB, 521x302px
Were the prequels necessary?
>>
No.

Lucas has a childlike mind and needed the most simplistic way to show us that Anakin is a bad guy now. So he made him kill some kids and a bunch of helpless cartoon characters.

It also harms his redemption arc in RotJ because now we know he was a remorseless child murdering psychopath waiting for an excuse to go ballistic.
>>
>>82500135
i feel there is something there. The idea that the Jedi have to adopt very young kids into their weird sexless cult does make Anakin's motivations clearer.

They should have implied the kids have no choice in the matter
>>
>>82500135
Why did Padme stay with Anakin after he killed the Sand people?
>>
Was this thread necessary?
>>
There's a reason they started on episode 4, the back story was weak as fuck.
>>
File: 1405110080908.webm (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1405110080908.webm
3MB, 800x600px
>>
>>82500135
>In the name of Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest.

Uh...were they arresting Sheev in a flashback or something?
>>
It explains what happened to the young Jedi padawans.
>>
>>82500221
Well if you notice, they sort of picked a kid that looks like young Anakin. I think it was supposed to be about Anakin himself, and it was just a plot point. Killing kids does kind of stick out.
>>
>>82500222
Why did he stay with him after he got a creepy skeletor hand?
>>
>>82500135
It's both a test to determine whether Anakin really has the conviction to embrace the dark side and save his wife and to prevent them from growing up into possible threats.
>>
It made little to no sense just like most of the prequels. They just wanted to show how bad and evil and mean and bad he was. Killing children didn't fit his arc or character at all. Such shitty movies, George Lucas is a cancer to humanity.
>>
>>82500222
Because she agreed with his actions
>>
Prequel shills will defend this scene.
>>
>"Mastah skywalker there ah too many o' them"
>Anakin is reminded that the Jedi would't give him the rank of Jedi Master
kino
>>
>uhh shit I only have about half a movie left to fit in my anakin's fall plot which was meant to be the whole point of the prequels
>let's have him kill some kids off-screen and then fight obi-wan
>>
>>82500325
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! SAUCE
>>
George is aspie as fuck and lacks an ability to understand emotional response. See: this scene or when Anakin talks about murdering sand people and Padme responds by telling him she loves him for the first time.
>>
>>82500221
I think Lucas intended the Jedi order to feel creepy. He deliberately made the clone making scenes in aotc resemble the little kid training scenes. There's something surreal about the little kids with lightsabers all shooting at those floating balls.

It reminds me of some of the stuff in THX. Of course that movie was about a society that forces everyone to suppress their emotions.

I think Lucas was portraying his own 1950s childhood, criticizing the way kids were raised. The stuff about the Jedi council not making anakin a master reminded me of him being kicked out of the directors guild. Of course Lucas rebelled against his fathers dreams of him becoming a businessman. And in the end Lucas became a businessman. He wanted to rebel against the studio system, and he became the CEO of a studio system.

>>82500250
Nigga Lucas made it up as he went along. Some of his original ideas made it into phantom menace, but overall the idea he always has 6 films was nonsense. Sometimes he says it was 3 films, sometimes 9 films.
>>
>>82500265
Anakin "Late Term Abortion" Skywalker
>>
>>82500440
>>
File: 1452954675551.png (344KB, 720x862px) Image search: [Google]
1452954675551.png
344KB, 720x862px
>>82500473
Thanks friend
>>
>>82500135
you have to get rid of the future troublemakers, plus makes anakin look more evil, I liked it
>>
I'm watching this shit on TNT now (DVR) and there was so much more potential here.

Why didn't Lucas just hire a writer and director to bring his ideas to life? He hates writing. He could've picked someone to make them look more like old movies than even he was able to (ROTS has lots of Douglas Sirk in it but Lucas doesn't know how to imitate that well, AOTC he wanted it to be like 40s film noir/ mystery)

I'm someone inclined to defend the guy more than most, and I HATE ((((Disney))))'s Fucking shit generic flavourless movies, but holy shit why didn't Lucas just let others do what he didn't do well?

It could've been so good. It could've been that wisecracking Robin Hood swashbuckling fun he intended. We couldn't have a real emotional arc that made sense and wasn't abrupt.
>>
>>82500669

make your own movies you fat fuck
>>
>>82500887
Give me millions of dollars.
>>
>>82500265
holy kek
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.