[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can non-jedi wield a lightsaber? I've been led to believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (1MB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1536x864px
Can non-jedi wield a lightsaber? I've been led to believe they aren't physically capable to use the lightsaber safely, but the nuances are hazy. I know Solo used it to slice a Tauntaun open, but that's not exactly a difficult incision to make.
>>
The Force flows through all things. Everyone is a jedi. Even sith are jedi.
>>
>>82495189
All the weight is in the hilt, so it's easy to cut your own arm off. Plus, the switch has to be held down continuously on most models. Jedi can do this with the force, but a non-force user has to manually turn it on.
>>
>>82495315
You know I never noticed that before about the switch. Is that an intentional design?
>>
>>82495498
Well lightsabers are an ancient Jedi weapon and I assume the Jedi hardly upgraded them in design.
>>
EP 7 taught us that any rando can fight a trained sith with a lightsaber. Yeah he lost but the point was that to just use it, anyone can.
>>
Pre Vizla could. It was a dark saber, but I think he also could have used any other saber.
>>
the last movie had a non-jedi kill people and fight off sith warriors with a lightsaber
why did you even ask this
>>
They can, they'll just never be as proficient

The new canon has that arena dude, who later joins the UltraEliteOperator stormtrooper spec-ops, that gives Luke a run for his money
>>
>>82495315
Originally, Lucas intended for them to be heavy. That's why they are almost always held with two hands in the OT.

In the PT they're just casually waved around with one hand and it looks fucking stupid.
>>
Yes, and plenty have. It just requires greater focus and swordsmanship because without the Force they have no connection with the blade and therefore it is not an extension of themselves. They have to treat it like any other sword but without the weight behind it.
>>
>>82495315
You realize none of that is established in the movies, or anywhere else in canon, right?

Lightsabers are one of the weirdest fictional weapons to have a discussion about because the movies never really give details about them. Apparently, video games and the EU did at varying points, but it doesn't seem like those agree with each other, because I've seen people get into heated arguments about things they apparently thought were established facts (like that lightsabers are weightless), but that something else contradicts. As far as Lucas was concerned, they were originally supposed to be heavy, and the new canon seems to be going along with this (IIRC, there's a scene in Rebels that specifically mentions this, and that the blades stick to each other). I don't think it's ever been established that the switch needs to be on all the time. In the movies, they work however is convenient for the scene.
>>
>>82497713
Why don't you just shut up.
>>
>>82498342
Kek
>>
>>82495189
>Can non-jedi wield a lightsaber?
Finn and Rey did.
>>
>>82498439
they have a connection to the force, though, since technically there are no jedi anymore, its really about the force not jedi/sith
>>
>>82498472
So then why did OP make this shit thread?
>>
It's a fucking laser knife. That's all.
>>
>>82495189
anyone can use a lightsaber but it takes a jedi with training to wield one effectively
>>
why don't the jedi use guns?
>>
>>82496233
>Kylo Ren
>Sith

Pick one
>>
>>82499246
there isn't a force api for blasters
>>
>>82499344
why not?
but they have like super reflexes and can see the future, so why wouldn't they be able to aim really well?
I mean, they can fly spaceships better than normal people too.
>>
Blackie used a lightsaber against Kylo.

Also aren't all lightsabers individually constructed by their owners? Carrying the same basic principles (crystals, lenses, power regulators, power supply) but the activation can be switched on and off like a flashlight. Iirc Jedi activated theirs by applying pressure on the grip which was why sith didn't just turn the lightsaber off with the force.
>>
>>82499367
why not just utilise lightsaber technology to create a protective field surrounding the force user, through which he could execute his magic tricks without fear of ever being harmed by anything?
>>
>>82497248
>>82496233
>sequels
>canon
the only manner in which you would be suited to use a lightsaber is having one forced up your ass and activated such that the tip might skewer your brain on its way through your body cavity, thus destroying any evidence such an abomination existed.
>>
>>82499367
>have blaster
>shoots bolts
OR
>have lightsaber
>slices
>dices
>blocks bolts
>reflects bolts
>>
You kneed to know how to use the Force to make one.
But every SW source is inconsistent about what kind of people can use them.
>>
yeah anyone can use them

but they're fucking useless you have the force to block lazers, without a jedi its a just a fancy sword

but now its probably something to do midichlorians or whatever
>>
>>82497507
>Lucas intended for them to be heavy
No, he didn't.
>>
>>82495189
Why would you believe that? Its a space sword, a non swordsman can use a sword.
>>
Just use a fucking rifle, no jedi or sith could block the bullets in time.
>>
>>82499644
>reflects bolts
its not a mirror, so it deflects
>>
>>82499748
They're supposed to be katanas.
The Jedi are essentially magical space samurai.
>>
Why doesn't the Force just kill everyone?
>>
>>82499748
Ok, Kathleen.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.