[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All jokes aside And with limited amount of memes Why did this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_8520.jpg (148KB, 220x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8520.jpg
148KB, 220x322px
All jokes aside
And with limited amount of memes

Why did this get great reviews? It's terrible considering it rips off the previous Star Wars
And taken on its own it's just a poorly made film

Did Star Wars really bribe the critics ?
>>
>>82495081
convergance of media & shills
study it out
>>
>>82495081
They didn't "bribe" critics. Movie critique is just worthless now in the internet age. It's an industry populated by retarded, infantilised manchildren that celebrate simplicity, black and white morality and inoffensive themes. Consider the movies that today's critics have grown up watching. Critics of the 70s and 80s (even 90s) weren't raised on blockbusters and weren't conditioned to embrace mediocrity.
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 695x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 695x900px
It's Star Wars The Next Generation, dude.
>>
>>82495081
>80's kids are grown up
Gee
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 959x257px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 959x257px
It seemed like a post-9/11, post-'08 Star Wars entry. Abrams also sought to deal with some of Lucas's recurring characters in a more direct way.
>>
>>82495081
It ticked all the right callback boxes, was properly diverse, and wasn't the Prequels. It's similar to nuTrek in the sense that it's competent enough to ride its brand reputation to massive profit but is bland and uninteresting otherwise.
>>
>>82495544
>some guy was that made to have made that comic
my sides
>>
>>82495081

Perhaps people were just eager to enjoy something for once.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3158x5016px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3158x5016px
>Luke
>Han
>Leia
>Bobbajo
>>
> Strong female lead
> Black co-star
> Villain is a whiny white guy
> Panders to its target audience

It's truly a mystery.
>>
>>82495695
But i wanted to enjoy myself but this movie was bad
>>
>>82495081

The effects and design looked good, the action was good, the characters were endearing, the plot technically made sense, as in even though a lot of the plot points were pretty contrived if you accept them they logically flow from one to another. Basically it was competent and played it extremely safe, which people were relieved by after the prequels.

In fact, the way I like to contextualize it is that it was the anti-prequel. The prequels were incompetent and messy, but also creative; TFA was competent and focused (almost hyper focused) but completely derivative.
>>
File: image.jpg (322KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322KB, 900x1350px
>>82495796
>>Bobbajo
When we hear... The REST of the story?

I'm honestly waiting for a decent figure of this guy.
>>
>>82495081
It may not be good... but it's what we asked for so we have to say thank you.
>>
>>82495081
It hit the right amount of meats.
>>
>>82495081
Nostalgia.

If it didn't have Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, it would have had more realistic reviews.

People aren't just throwing money down a hole trying to cash in on nostalgia. It legitimately works, and it sells.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 327x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 327x355px
The palette looks like those Hildebrandt Art cards.
>>
File: The glib facsimilie.jpg (199KB, 699x1211px) Image search: [Google]
The glib facsimilie.jpg
199KB, 699x1211px
>>82495323
Star Wars: The Next Generation.

Would have been amazing, but VII wasn't that.
>>
>>82495081
>Why did this get great reviews?
Diversity, nostalgia and female protagonist.
>>
>Why did this get great reviews?
You know, I was about to write some witty response to this question, but then I realized that I genuinely don't know.
What DOES go inside the head of a rabid fan?
>>
>>82495081
it's a very enjoyable movie
>>
>>82495986
At best that's a 6/10 film
Not a 9/10
>>
>>82496658

I agree. On top of that though it was Star Wars, so people liked it. It's not endearing to modern movie audiences, but it's logical.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1840x2888px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1840x2888px
The design of Kylo Ren is an interesting blend of ninja and pirate.
>>
>>82496476
But the critics aren't all fans of star wars

>>82496787
but people hated the ewoks, the ewok movies, the animated clone wars movie (2008?) and the holiday special
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 615x969px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 615x969px
>Rey
>>
File: 1438449133495.jpg (36KB, 357x468px) Image search: [Google]
1438449133495.jpg
36KB, 357x468px
>>82495081
I dislike the prequels, however, this pile of wet shit outright offends me at how pandering and watered down they made it.

Jorge has autism and I think it's fine that he couldn't make good sequels. But TFA is basically Star Wars reimagined for buzzfeed reading millenials on twitter
>>
File: file.png (342KB, 570x569px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
342KB, 570x569px
What did he mean by that?
Are they shooting in France?
>>
Because when people who don't ever think and simply follow mainstream narrative review a movie they evaluate it by the amount of twists, the amount of action, amount of gags, fanservice, amount of cool moments, how politically correct stuff is, how other people are reacting to it etc.

It's never about quality, how it expands the medium, if it touches the truth etc., those things don't exist in their awareness. Also because of the tendency to "just turn your brain off bro" during a movie there is no backlog to speak of and so there is never a strive for something at least a little bit new.
>>
>>82495081
Everybody bought into the hype and had incredibly low standards at the same time. As long as it wasn't the prequels it would be great. Having fanboys as critics combined with deep hatred for the prequels or anything in the same realm as them you see ok or even mediocre movies get raving reviews simply because it's inoffensive and makes them laugh and while there's nothing inherently wrong with movies like that it sets a low bar for "amazing" and people get butthurt if you actually critique it because "muh fun". Hopefully all of this passes over soon.

also this >>82495236
>>
>>82498774
The French Donald Trump lost their election
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.