[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is idolizing the Na'vi Adulthood is realizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: Valkyrie.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
Childhood is idolizing the Na'vi

Adulthood is realizing the RDA were right.
>>
>>82491068

Childhood is idolizing the loser/underdog.

Adulthood is realizing the winner s right.
>>
>>82491068
Anyone who refuses to side with humanity is a traitor. Jake Sully was a crippled cuck.
>>
>>82492597
I like thicc not sticc
>>
So what's stopping the humans just nuking the Planet/Moon from orbit? Is that why there never was a sequel?
>>
>>82492965
they're a mining corporation, I doubt they have access to nukes and more advanced military equipment
>>
>>82492965
>>82493115
Well, realistically you don't want to nuke a fucking planet that you'll be sending humans down to mine on. Also the unobtanium would be high radioactive and impractical to transport and use.

Really, if unobtanium is as important as it seems (It's been years but I'm pretty sure the movie stated it was humanity's only hope for a fuel source) then the military would get involved and just fire bomb or release a plague in order to wipe out organic life but leave the minerals alone
>>
>>82493202
they're just space Acme Inc. not the fucking US armed forces
>>
>he was a child when Avatar came out

Underage leave
>>
>>82493267
But didn't the movie state that the Earth had depleted all of its resources so unobtanium was the only hope humanity had? I'd honestly think the Earth's military would get involved at that point
>>
>>82493325
I guess they should do something now that the company got BTFO
>>
File: help.png (138KB, 244x296px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
138KB, 244x296px
when's the next movie coming out again?
>waiting for 8 years
>>
>>82493292
It was 8 years ago you fucking moron
>>
>>82493466
Newfag spotted
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>82493514
wew
>>
>>82493629
Yep, definitely a newfag
>>
>>82493202

Is it really called unobtanium? What a fucking shit movie Avatar is
>>
>>82491687

/tread
>>
>>82491068
Childhood is idolizing the RDA

Adulthood is realizing you would literally do nothing differently if you were in Jake Sully's position
>>
Will there ever a movie again just as immersive?
All memes aside, summer of 2010 was GOAT. I watched the DVD multiple times before commiting suicide.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/6977817/Avatar-fans-suicidal-because-planet-Pandora-is-not-real.html
>>
>>82493673
Now remember that Cameron has 6 sequels planned
>>
>>82493781
If he only does one movie a decade, he has only time for a trilogy.
>>
File: adulthod.jpg (220KB, 1108x1159px) Image search: [Google]
adulthod.jpg
220KB, 1108x1159px
>>82491068
>>
>>82493741
Killing your friends so you can fuck some weird cat thing?
>>
>>82493957
That's everyone on /tv/'s dream, since we have no friends to kill
>>
>>82493957
>Friends
>>
>>82493957
>Betray and genocide the only people who actually care about you so you can go back and live alone as a NEET on a soulless, over industrialized, over commercialized, over populated, over polluted version of Earth
Or
>marry neytiri and become the chieftain of a race of 10 foot tall dragon riding warriors living in paradise

Tough choice tbqhwyfamalam
>>
>giving a shit about navi post 2013
>>
>>82493957
the blue cat alien pussy game ridiculous
>>
File: blue ass.jpg (44KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
blue ass.jpg
44KB, 752x564px
>>82493957
I'd kill every fucking one of you for this.
>>
>>82494151
how was it not betrayal and genocide for him to side with the navi and go native... the last few lines even make it clear he's sending humanity back to a "dying world" so it's presumable they were all going to die out thanks to jake
>>
>>82493325
It's not a fuel source m8...

It levitates with the amount of electrical charge applied to it, that's why the mountains and shit were floating.
>>
>>82494151
>Side with humanity
>Enslave the Navi, kill all the males and keep the females as sex slaves
>reproduce them as clones like in the avatar program

Check-mate motherfucker. Humanity fuck yeah.
>>
>dude who cares about the dying earth and billions of suffering humans these blue fucks don't wanna leave their tree white people suck lmao
>>
>>82494629
>genocide
>"Oy vey you can't send us back to our home planet that we fucked up ourselves! It's annuda shoah! Open your borders!!"
>>
>>82491068
Real talk though why did the RDA put all that effort into pacifying the Na'vi to get an underground resource?

They could have dug straight down from their base, then tunneled over to what they wanted to extract. Do that deep enough and Na'vi would have no fucking clue. The entire conflict of the movie, even the avatar program, was totally unnecessary.
>>
Someone post the Quaritch HFY pic, only good thing to come out of this pile.
>>
>>82495254
That would've taken forever and the roots of the trees would've noticed. The best thing would have been to just release a biohazard and kill all organic life
>>
>>82493325
>Earth's military

Fuck off globalist
>>
I never understood why the RDA didn't secretly make a virus/bacteria that is very lethal to the na'vi. The liberals back home can't complain about them killing "the proud natives" when RDA can't just shrug their shoulders and say "well, nature can be a bitch. And pandora is a huge bitch.".
>>
File: 1460189951070.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460189951070.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>>
My issue is that Jake expects to live a long, fruitful life as a Na'vi now. But let's talk about possible problems with the Avatar-making process. How long did they expect the Avatar bodies to last? Why would they make them able to reproduce? What if really extended exposure to an Avatar body would result in massive brain tumors?
I'd love to see Avatar 2+ be based around Jake's artificial body failing him. It would really change up the hero trope
>>
>>82493957
and not be a cripple anymore.
>>
>>82495820
And not to mention, what was their tax policy?
>>
>>82496228
Smartass.
I'm just thinking of ways that the Avatar sequels would break our expectations of what we know is coming: Jake's got a family now. Humans come back. They fight. Humans win this time. Next movie: Jake helps plan an escape from the labor camps where they put the Na'vi. They fight, Na'vi escape. Next movie: They drive the humans off again....
Give us something new, Jim. Make Jake's body fail. Make him unable to have children, which lessens his position in the tribe. Give him a flaw.
>>
>>82495772
How the hell was he supposed to be the bad guy?
>>
>>82495772
The Emperor protects
>>
>>82496426
In the fourth sequel, the na'avi use commandeered human technology and launch an invasion of Earth to eliminate the white imperialists once and for all.
>>
File: ISV_Venture_star.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ISV_Venture_star.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>82491687
>imblyign the plamet was not glassed from orbit right after the navoo won
Nukes are dirt cheap compared to fielding interstellar vessels. There is really only one way this could have gone after the space indians won their meme battle.
>>
>>82497019
YAAAS NA'VI SLAY
>>
File: ISV_Venture_star2.jpg (536KB, 2500x1351px) Image search: [Google]
ISV_Venture_star2.jpg
536KB, 2500x1351px
>>82497201
In fact, considering the Venture Star has Antimatter Annihilation engines, all it needs to do is spare a bit of fuel and it can literally burn the entire atmosphere of Pandora away. No captain would waste an entire 11 year round trip mission to come up empty handed, when they can deal with the minor obstruction of native wildlife at a fraction of the cost of the return trip.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.