[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching S1 (or S2 according to IMDB) I don't mind this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mst3k.jpg (76KB, 780x435px) Image search: [Google]
mst3k.jpg
76KB, 780x435px
Watching S1 (or S2 according to IMDB)

I don't mind this show but it's kinda just background noise, not something to focus on.

Does it ever get anything more than that?
>>
>watching reddit shows
>>
I find it misses more if I watch it as background noise. Some of the actually funny jokes are subtle, or require I pay attention more to what's going on. Even then the jokes miss more then they hit, but they still throw out enough of them that I stay more or less entertained.

I also started much later in the series, and I think Joel era MST3K is significantly worse than Mike's.
>>
Not really.

I used to watch shit like this just so I could see old monster movies. In the end though, it's not as special as people want you to believe it is.
>>
>>82486060
>using Reddit as an insult
>>
>>82486188
>it works
>>
How's the new season? I've only watched a couple of eps and the voices are all similar and they throw out way too many jokes.
>>
>>82486017
The early stuff is bad, and as you've probably noticed there's basically no plot, just watch a few of the great episodes and see if you enjoy those more. I'd recommend starting with MST3k: The Movie, then all of these are great:

>Riding With Death
>Puma Man
>Space Mutiny
>Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
>Escape 2000
>>
>>82486275
yeah, the early episodes are notoriously lazy and only for hardcore fans. ignore everyone else in this thread.
>>
S1 is very weak (although J Elvis Weinstein is an underappreciated talent)
Things start to click during S2, there's a number of strong episodes in there (Lost Continent is particularly good). S3 is where it really hits its stride.

The other weak point is early season 8, when they did a bunch of dull B&W Universal monster movies in a row. Unfortunately that's also where they had a continuing storyline for once and rebooted the premise, so if you skip to (say) Riding with Death you'll have no idea who these new villains are or why Crow sounds weird. Which is okay, it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>82486275
Invasion of the Neptune Men is really good, too. Anything after season 5 will be pretty good. Earlier than that its 50/50 with far too vague of pop culture references.
>>
>watching Joel episodes

for what purpose?
>>
File: Tank Tops.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tank Tops.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>82488939
Professor Clayton and his sidekick generally had some genuinely funny material in their skits in the Joel era. Not that the host on earth are a strong part of the show, but most of Pearl's skits were just bad and not funny.

It isn't much but there is that.
>>
>>82486017
>>82486275
>>82487038

I'm pretty sure early on all the riffs were done as improv and it was only later when they actually tried writing scripts that it gets good.
>>
>>82488939
Joel is comfy
>>
I'd recommend a later Mike episode, he's more accessible and it's after the threshold that 50% of the riffs are "Hey, it's (Insert actor from the 60s)" and more "This movie sucks". Hobgoblins and Final Justice are good starters
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.