[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks there was something off about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: tfa_poster_wide_header.jpg (1MB, 2160x1417px) Image search: [Google]
tfa_poster_wide_header.jpg
1MB, 2160x1417px
Am I the only one who thinks there was something off about the way this movie was shot? It didn't feel like a Star Wars movie to me.
>>
File: 1481800010381(2).jpg (48KB, 338x356px) Image search: [Google]
1481800010381(2).jpg
48KB, 338x356px
How much do earn making the same threads, all day, every day, Jai?

Nothing. This is actually all you have in life. Kek
>>
>>82484169
The reason is because the movie was way too short and that JJ cut too much content out, leaving mainly just over the top action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxWWzdUhcwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKbOF78s_E
>>
>>82484408
>the movie was way too short
>>
File: Resistance_Base.jpg (331KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Resistance_Base.jpg
331KB, 1920x800px
Sets look like low budget made for tv sets
>>
>>82484169
That's because it was shot for spazzoids who check their phone every few seconds.

They also abandoned the stillshots that allowed the original matte paintings to look like actual scenery.
>>
>>82484169
How should a Star Wars movie feel to you?
>>
>>82484169

No, it's just the tone of the film is poor. Rogue One both forgoes the title crawl as well as messed with the focus so that it was only on the actors during close-up scenes which is really jarring compared to the other films, but it still feels like Star Wars.
>>
>>82484408
There are loads of reasons why you wouldn't want short extra scenes like those to be in the movie. You would have to fit them in between longer scenes that actually have plot in them, and the small scenes break the pacing for little benefit. More characterization would have made the movie a lot more watchable, but it requires a really good story and editor, and Force Awakens was stuck with Abrams and two women named Mary
>>
I didn't like how most scenes were in broad daylight. Dramatic lighting would have been nice for some of the scenes
>>
>>82484169
You are not alone, that movie WAS SHIT
>>
File: 1490185367129.png (36KB, 1168x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1490185367129.png
36KB, 1168x1096px
>>82484276
>tfw on neetbux
>tfw taxpayers literally fund me shitposting on /tv/
>>
>>82484169
You are not alone unfortunately. A lot of faggots out there can't appreciate kino when they see it.

That said, Lucas, kershner, and Marquand all did more wide frame shots. JJ is more into quick edits and close ups.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.