[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck is this man still considered a great director his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (8KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 194x260px
how the fuck is this man still considered a great director
his latest movies where self-praising shit
>>
he still has a few top tier movies, and all the crappy movies he does will never change that fact.
>>
>>82460814
>I didn't go to films or films school, I went to /television&film/
>>
>>82460814
his only bad movie is death proof.
pulp is overated, resevoir dogs is his best, inglorius bastards>jackie brown> django
>>
File: IMG_0302.gif (489KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0302.gif
489KB, 500x250px
>>82462743
Ya forgot to mention those cool YouTube channels that teach us super educated facts, anon. I bet a dude wishes he was born 10 to 15 year later than he was .
>>
>>82463379
Death Proof is my 3rd favorite. Django is by far his worst.
>>
>>82463409
i couldn't even finish death proof, got 20 minutes in and the dialogue was so masturbatory and forced i had to stop
>>
>>82463409
Django probably gets the most hate out of any Tarankino on /tv/, but I've never actually seen anyone explain why.
>>
File: black.jpg (685B, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
black.jpg
685B, 284x177px
>>82463706
You know why.
>>
>>82463409
>>82463600
Deathproof is really top tier Tarankino, better than kill bill.
>>
>>82463706
I liked it, but it was indeed a film made for SJWs masturbate to
>>
>>82463600
the dialogue is great. isn't that the whole point of Tarantino? the unique verbal patter? Death Proof is full of scenes like the intro to Reservoir Dogs where the characters are just hanging out. I love that Tarantino mode. The dialogue also sets up crucial information that has pay offs later in the film.

I can't imagine dropping a film 20 minutes in. You missed the entire point of its existence: the car chases.

>>82463814
agreed.

>>82463706
then you must noT read a lot. it has 31 rotten reviews on RT
>>
>>82463600
It has a cool ending but you have to sit through 2 hours of literally nothing to get to it. Usually Tarantino's dialogue serves a purpose even in its longwinded style, but he goes so overboard with it in Death Proof that it becomes pointless.
>>
>unironically great movies
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds

>dumb but fun
Kill Bill
Natural Born Killers
Death Proof (imo, but I 100% see why people hate it)

>half good, half shit
Django
Hateful 8

Haven't seen True Romance or Jackie Brown.
>>
>>82463973
>Haven't seen True Romance or Jackie Brown.
Make it a priority to. They're great.
>>
>>82463973
See Jackie Brown. True Romance is great but doesn't come off as Tarantino-y. Jackie Brown isn't his writing but is pure homage in perfect form.
>>
Is it just me or was Kill Bill overrated? I enjoyed Reservoir dogs, Django and Inglorious the most.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.