[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a sewing up plotholes with arbitrary exposition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Wine.jpg (30KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Wine.jpg
30KB, 704x396px
>it's a sewing up plotholes with arbitrary exposition episode

Imagine if Lost had only run for three seasons and had wrapped up in a satisfying conclusion without ever becoming a bloated off-the-cuff mess
>>
Abrams admitted at ComicCon that the studio forced Darlton to abandon the LOST series bible in order to artificially extend the program, indefinitely. If it were limited to three seasons, the island would have been purgatory.
>>
should have never explained any of it, at least then they could do bullshit it all saying its all ambigious up to interpretation.

Still wondering why the island had a tanning room in its centre
>>
>>82460502
In the episode with Jacob's backstory the man in black simply says "There is a power in this island, and I built this wheel with these people here" and that's that
>>
>>82460405
>imagine if the shows runners hadnt gone all assburgers after s3 when the internet deduced the next two years of show because they telegraphed it so hard

fucking aspies
>>
Does /tv/ not like lost now
>>
>>82461673
It's been off the air for years and wasn't very good, all things considered. It's not as bad as Heroes but is on the same tier.
>>
>>82460479
>Still were going to end in theology/spirituality
Welp then it was shit from the start
>>
>tfw imagining we need to go back! being the last thing ever said

would have been great, wondering
>>
File: 1493137382045.jpg (1020KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493137382045.jpg
1020KB, 1920x1080px
>Imagine if Lost had only run for three seasons and had wrapped up in a satisfying conclusion without ever becoming a bloated off-the-cuff mess

You literally just described The Leftovers.
>>
>>82460679
mandate to keep the audience guessing combined with total hacks writnig.
>>
>>82460405

>sewing up plotholes

How is addressing them and writing explanations for them "sewing them up"? Isn't it only a plothole if it's left unexplained?
>>
>>82462158
its more about how lame the explanations were

as the show does shift from something semi-grounded to literal magic in the last season.

For instance, people just kinda handwaved the stupidity of the OP scene as jacob explaining things in simple terms to a simple man.

But then jack goes and pulls a literal fucking cork out of the island and everything starts getting dark until he puts it back.
>>
>>82461815
no, leftovers has all the same problems.
>>
File: 1489063581167.jpg (88KB, 900x877px) Image search: [Google]
1489063581167.jpg
88KB, 900x877px
>>82460405
I just want to watch a show about people stranded on an island without and jiggaboo voodoo or holy ghost shit.

Is this too much to ask?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.