[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: dredd-poster-big-min.jpg (178KB, 733x1100px) Image search: [Google]
dredd-poster-big-min.jpg
178KB, 733x1100px
Why do people blame "bad marketing" for Dredd's failure?

Can't people just admit that they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?
>>
I believe Dredd was a good movie not a great one like /tv/ claims but main mistake of Dredd was it published on same time with Raid.
Which is a better movie in every aspect
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWP88WKVBKs
>>
>>82438858
Literally fucking no one knew about it on release
>>
>>82438933
>it published on same time with
spek angles
>>
>>82438933
Nobody but a few tryhards watches shit that requires subtitles.
>>
I remember reading years before this released that some company had planned to make a few Dredd films. I think this was the result of that but they had a whole series of films planned.
>>
>>82438858
No one even knew it was capeshit. They thought it was a remake of the shitty Judge Dredd movie.
>>
>>82440640
I recall the honcho behind Dredd saying Dredd 2 was going to be The Cursed Earth and Dredd 3 was going to involve the Dark Judges.
>>
>>82440697
Basically the plan was to release a series of low budget films like this one using the comic material.
So that fits with what the guy said.
Not sure what the relation is with these guys is but the original people who proposed it made the playstation Dredd game I believe.
>>
Despite what faggy millenials might insist, advertising does work.

Dredd is one of those movies that everyone says 'Man it was great but I never heard anything about it'. Because its marketing budget was fuck all and people just weren't aware it existed.
>>
Bait's gone bad my man.
>>
https://youtu.be/aavS_XUITXU?t=2

You boys seen this? It's kino.
>>
>>82438858
>they were tired of seeing more capeshit at the time?
Kek
>>
File: 1483889541463.jpg (45KB, 528x465px) Image search: [Google]
1483889541463.jpg
45KB, 528x465px
>be 2000ad, the comic kikes behind JUDGE DREDD
>don't capitalize on Dredd's popularity not even with an easy cartoon
Fucking retards. We're gonna be bald before they stop sitting on their hands.
>>
>>82438858

Well that's another fault in the marketing, because it wasn't capeshit.
>>
>>82438858
I had no idea it even got made until a year later.
>>
I hate Angry Joe but his video hitting my youtube feed got me into Dredd. I didn't even know about that spic until that video.
>>
File: dredd_mondo.jpg (133KB, 718x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dredd_mondo.jpg
133KB, 718x1080px
It didn't help as well that they really pushed the 3D aspect of the film when they were marketing it, at a time when people were getting pretty bored of 3D. I'm not sure how it was released globally but where I live in the UK you could only see it in 3D, which meant tickets were more expensive.

That coupled with the fact that most people's view of Judge Dredd was heavily coloured by the Stallone movie meant it wasn't going to pull in anybody who only had a passing interest in sci-fi/comic books. I was in two minds about going to see it because I thought they were going to really milk the 3D gimmick and ruin the whole things as a result (I had a mental image of Dredd taking slo-mo at the end to do a bullet time shootout) so I was really surprised when they didn't do that.
>>
>>82440940

I can attest to this. This was happening right at that time where every movie was 3D but nobody knew what to do with it. It's important to keep in mind that Dredd came out mere months after fucking Piranha 3DD. 3D was at the top of its meme, and Dredd pushed the "Dredd 3D" title fucking hard. I thought it would be shlocky trash. It wasn't until after it hit DVD that I even became aware that people had seen it and liked it, and that was only through /tv/.
>>
>>82440940
>>82441107
Why has everyone accepted 3D then? I hate 3D since it dims and blurs the screen, but I really can't find 2D showings especially not 2D IMAX. 3D is the standard.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.