[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on 10 Cloverfield Lane, /tv/? loved it personally.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: mary.png (2MB, 1489x785px) Image search: [Google]
mary.png
2MB, 1489x785px
thoughts on 10 Cloverfield Lane, /tv/?

loved it personally. looking forward to the sequel. John Goodman was better than the other two.
>>
>>82429265
i actually liked the ending
>>
>>82429265
Had potential, then it went full b movie and the ending was awful with the girl suddenly being able to destroy an alien ship with a bottle of wine and turning into a killing machine.
>>
one of the worst movies i've ever seen
>>
File: 1489526588058.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1489526588058.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>the ending
>>
File: 1492969737278.jpg (20KB, 650x490px) Image search: [Google]
1492969737278.jpg
20KB, 650x490px
>all my friends say the ending was the best part of the movie
>>
>>82429265
Goodman should have gotten an oscar nod for his performance, tbqh
>>
>>82429981
Well it kinda was a B movie.
>>
Geography was all wrong. You can't build that far underground in Louisiana. The water table is too high.

Otherwise I liked it. It held my interest.
>>
The ending would have been fucking kino if they just had her escape and then drive away while the lighting reveals the alien ship.

Instead they had to literally scream "THERE'S ALIENS GUYS, LOOK, ALIENS, LOOOOOOK!"

It needed to be subtle. Instead the ending was just took a massive shit on a pretty decent film.
>>
DO I NEED TO WATCH REGULAR CLOVERFIELD FIRST?

IT'S ON MY BACKLOG
>>
>>82429265
Didn't appreciate the tonal whiplash of the ending, but it's an otherwise great film.
>>
>>82429265
its was shit
jja abrams is a hack
>>
>>82430068
hahaha what a fuckin nerd
>>
>>82429981
It was a b-movie from the start. Also, that's a good thing.
>>
>>82429265
It should of been titled 2/10 Cloverfield Lane.
>>
>>82430162
no, they could not be more disconnected
>>
>>82429265
Has this guy ever had bad performance?
>>
>>82429265
Needed more MEW feet.
>>
Loved the beginning and middle, I liked the resourceful main character. Ending was pretty CG heavy and overly convenient for me to like as much but I din't think it was bad.
>>
>>82430296
thighs*
>>
>>82430296
It showed her tops but not her soles. MEWs greatest and most sexual assets are her soles.
>>
>>82430162
No
>>
>>82430162
No, it's full of asshole characters so you just end up rooting for the Cloverfield.
>>
>>82429265
Because we know the situation is real, I felt the film was initially trying hard to convince us that the guy was crazy. Then we see those dead pigs (iirc) and we (or was it just me) start believing the guy was completely correct in his actions again, he just had a bad temperament. Then he has to go crazy again for conflict and ending.
I think the film would greatly benefit from not being associated (as it was originally, if I'm not mistaken) with Cloverfield and left us in the dark the whole time without having to play this "now it's real... now he's insane/evil" game. Also, wft was that ending, just awful. Still good overall though.
>>
RIP JOHN

FUCK ;(
>>
>>82430052
Every Goodman performance is Kino. I will unironicly pay to see any film with him in it.
>>
>>82431752
I never got how they thought they were going to me it ambiguous after the scene where she almost gets out, and the dying woman starts trying to get in.
>>
>>82431819
you don't know why she was sick though.
>>
>>82430116
This and the name of the film gave away the twist. The sign post she hits on the way out should have the other clue.
>>
I dont get it, how was this connected to Cloverfield? The Cloverfield monster was a sea creature and these were AYYYYs
>>
>>82430068
they were west of baton rouge, not near new orleans
>>
>>82432496
the "Cloverfield" movies aren't connected story-wise, it's more of a feature film version of series like The Twilight Zone or Outer Limits
>>
i really liked it until the fucked the ending with fucking ayy lmaos
>>
spaghetti
>>
>>82432677
This. Although from what I hear it wasn't even planned out like that. Cloverfield Lane was basically some rando good movie that they slapped the gloverfield name on for marketing purpose but they've decided to make a third (also unrelated to the previous two) movie.
>>
File: 1493632335331.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493632335331.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>82432815
thank you for your input
>>
>>82429265

A+ movie until the last 5 minutes when it turned into an F.
>>
>>82432496

The original script had nothing to do with Cloverfield until J. Joke. Abrahim had to shit his "influence" on it and put a giant Cloverfield anus monster that literally takes a shit on the plot at the end.
>>
rip in peace john, you will be missed
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.