[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>17th century Japan >Almost every nip speaks english What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Silence_(2016_film).png (102KB, 220x343px) Image search: [Google]
Silence_(2016_film).png
102KB, 220x343px
>17th century Japan
>Almost every nip speaks english

What did Scorsese mean by this?
Did he even look at the script he just wrote before he filmed this?
>>
>>82414364
The Priest are from portugal and they speak english. Is like complaining that 300 is in English, dumb Op
>>
>>82414415
In 300 the "audience" was basically greek, the point is that whether english or portuguese, these people wouldn't have been able to converse with the japanese
>>
>>82414364
i thought it was implied they were speaking Portuguese but changed it into English for the American audience. am i dumb?
>>
>>82415175
>17th century Japan
>Almost every nip speaks Portuguese

Makes equally little sense
>>
>>82415302
>portuguese educated nippon kirishtians speak portuguese
you can learn two languages, is not that hard
>>
>>82416082
We are talking about Japan though. And back in that day the only country that was allowed to trade with japan was the Netherlands or some shit, so how would any of them learn portuguese. Japan was so fucking isolated, there's simply no way they'd speak portuguese.
>>
>step on this image of jesus

were japs really that retarded?
>>
>>82416239
go read a book, dipshit

portuguese empire had relations with japan before the dutch
>>
File: 1484647243718.jpg (23KB, 540x461px) Image search: [Google]
1484647243718.jpg
23KB, 540x461px
on the subject of this

would it be interesting if a film taught you a secret language subliminally (clues in background) ?

how would you film something like that

i would make a stargate or atlantis type movie with crude symbols so you can figure out what stuff means
>>
>>82416424
Anyways.

It's 2017 now and 90% of the japanese population still doesn't speak a secondary language
>>
>>82414364
this >>82414415
fuck off weeb
>>
>>82416239
portuguese were in japan almost half a century before the dutch
>>
>>82416872
Yeah and i'm gay, what else is new
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 711x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 711x750px
>>82416307
That's very Egyptian/Arabic... You only step on something that is the lowest element in your consciousness. That is why Arab journalists threw shoes at former President George W. Bush.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.